When I previewed the Raven Ceremonial armor on my female Norn I thought, this is going to look great on my male norn too. Some sexy arm- 

😑

https://imgur.com/a/rd7hvVB

Where's his hips? His sexy back? Then I realized. Never before seen.  😢

So, my feedback for future armor: if it shows skin, it should do so for both female and male armor, if it doesn't, same principle applies. No more of this skimpy version of an armor for female characters but a covered from neck to toe version for male characters.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Doggie.3184 said:

Anet doesn't believe in male beauty.

Interesting thing is FFXIV has pants kinda like that which look the same on both genders. GW2 has yet to achieve gender equality and likes doing entire theme changes between genders as well as denying any form of choice between styles.

Maid and butler outfit seems to prove they already did this 👀

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UncrushablePigeon.8760 said:

When I previewed the Raven Ceremonial armor on my female Norn I thought, this is going to look great on my male norn too. Some sexy arm- 

😑

https://imgur.com/a/rd7hvVB

Where's his hips? His sexy back? Then I realized. Never before seen.  😢

So, my feedback for future armor: if it shows skin, it should do so for both female and male armor, if it doesn't, same principle applies. No more of this skimpy version of an armor for female characters but a covered from neck to toe version for male characters.

Yeah, I've learned to ALWAYS check an outfit or armor set in the preview pane, before buying. I only play female characters myself but this is akin to racial differences between skins and also to make sure that the armor sets/outfits look good from the side. A lot of them look really bad from the side. Here's an example discussed in reddit: 

It looks great from the front and back, but it looks ridiculous from the sides and many outfits and armor skins have such issues. So yeah ALWAYS preview them before you buy them and also look at them from the sides.

On 11/7/2022 at 4:59 AM, Freya.9075 said:

Maid and butler outfit seems to prove they already did this 👀

No but it was a start since the damage still exists within the past skins/outfits. FFXIV been backtracking and ungenderlocking a lot of skins and pushing to do it for everything.

The new GW2 armor skins in chat codes just now also make up for a lot though, holy moly. 🥰

48 minutes ago, Doggie.3184 said:

No but it was a start since the damage still exists within the past skins/outfits. FFXIV been backtracking and ungenderlocking a lot of skins and pushing to do it for everything.

The new GW2 armor skins in chat codes just now also make up for a lot though, holy moly. 🥰

Oh my, they certainly DO! 🤩

56 minutes ago, Doggie.3184 said:

I just peeked at them and wow! That is indeed amazing xD 

I have preferred Anet's older trend of having armors and outfits being a mix of gendered sets and gender-neutral sets and will be very disappointed if Anet really does fully forgo gendered sets like seems to be the trend.  I'm having a kitten hard enough of a time trying to come up with new armor mixtures that I like as it is with the general art direction and certain other alleged restrictions, going full gender neutral might further compound that difficulty (and the maid/butler thing is likely to be rare occurrence as its literally twice the work when instead they could go the route of least resistance and go unisex instead, plus I"m not sure it'd work with armors).

• Like 3
  • Confused 1