WvW is nothing but who's got the most CC wins. Change my mind.

Lonewolf Kai.3682

You can take less cc if you can read and influence body language. If you can't lock down the lane they're running on fully, you can still try to tease out a commitment from them or cause apprehension enough to pull out the right ones or trip up their composition enough to jump on part of it and maybe take out one or two support per a drive. 

It's really just rock paper scissors of

Boons > CC > Boon Denial > Boons

If any piece of the puzzle fizzles, the entirety of combat breaks down entirely.  And if you think it's bad now, oh boy it'd be so, so much worse if they fixed only *one* of those three.

ANet has to walk back all three of these at once, which I think is why there's a longstanding refusal to make such changes and why they're usually quick to correct when any two are inherently more problematic than the others (though it does appear like there is more willingness to nerf boon denial and CC than boons themselves).  They know they've designed themselves into a hole, and rather than nerf PvE and lessen the power fantasy it provides their whales and overarching Open World playerbase, they'd rather sacrifice WvW in its entirety.

8 hours ago, Bcky.7904 said:

Those who have superior numbers wins , change my mind

Saw a 12 v 4 in a camp a month or two back. Fought ran for 30 mins with the 4 were killing one player after another and them respawning and running back. The 4 were running a mini-boon ball where as the other 12 were just fighting separate, some with CC, some with some boons themselves. None of the 12 had boon strip though there was some CC. One of the 4 would be stunned or pulled and the other 3 would just get back to the one outed and commence boonballing. Finally some calls for boonstrip were replied to by a couple of people and then numbers, boon strip and CC won. Now granted good example of complimentary builds, moving well together, single guild which probably implied voice and a tight space. Space did play a factor since catching the group in larger area and being able to divide them more changed the fight as well. But it does show numbers alone won't do it without additional factors.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, aspirine.6852 said:

Wait you guys have fights? We just see giant groups placing max siege, take tower and port back.

I know right. And we were defending too and while outnumbered. Its a crazy world at times. 🙂 

There was one satisfying part. I had claimed the camp for fun and because I wanted to upgrade it and the tower that was its first hop so I was looking to counter roamers and havocs. The same group decided to come back 12 more times over a couple of hours trying to get that camp. Got to the point I was backtracking the path they were coming back from and would intercept and hit them in the open fields and do scout shout outs while slowing them till more roamers came to play. They finally brought their entire map zerg to smash the tower and camp and we had already been outnumbered for most of the time so there was no stopping that. WvW, never know what you will get.