Rifle Scrapper after the patch......

stolyaR.9621

4 minutes ago, Zebulon.1850 said:

Yeah, the damage from rifle auto looks to be worse than it was when it was hipshot....

If they really didn't buff the damage coefficients of the shots, like it is implied by the patch notes, then this is correct for PvP.

Hipshot dealt 0,44 power coefficient in PvP before the rework. The new rifle burst auto attack (including rifle burst grenade) deals now 0,3865 power coefficient.... so yeah, in PvP we are now worse than before the rework it seems.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

7 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

If they really didn't buff the damage coefficients of the shots, like it is implied by the patch notes, then this is correct for PvP.

Hipshot dealt 0,44 power coefficient in PvP before the rework. The new rifle burst auto attack (including rifle burst grenade) deals now 0,3865 power coefficient.... so yeah, in PvP we are now worse than before the rework it seems.

They were 0 reason to touch on engi rifle this patch, the damage was fine, the fun factor was there, it was cool burst rifle shot, sound was great and everything was fine. Now its just a worst version of what it was before. This patch did nothing right for engi. Oh yeah they overbuff holo by a stupid amount, now its broken wow. Delete this patch, revert the change its suck.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

23 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Well scrapper is intended to be run with a hammer or in the case of heal scrapper, without a rifle but with pistol+shield.

Yeah, no, that's kitten.

That's like saying we should nerf guardian greatsword because dragonhunter is using it and it is "intended to use the longbow".

Edited by Kodama.6453
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Yeah, no, that's kitten.

That's like saying we should nerf guardian greatsword because dragonhunter is using it and it is "intended to use the longbow".

The difference is longbow is a ranged weapon. Are you really saying the top sustained DPS should be a ranged weapon with 1200 range , especially when engineer has a 1500 range mortar and 900 range grenades to fill that gap?
In all these years I never thought to myself, let me go play with rifle on scrapper.

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 2
  • Confused 10

3 hours ago, Kuma.1503 said:

Reminder that engineer is the golden child. That is why we get nerfed every single patch. /s

Yep.

That's why you can't even make a step into Eye of the North or Aerodrome without bumping into hordes of mechs.

Last time I even counted them.

12 mechanist out of 19 people.

But sure.  Poor-poor mechanist getting nerfed every patch.

Edited by Hindenburg.3415
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 12

31 minutes ago, Hindenburg.3415 said:

Yep.

That's why you can't even make a step into Eye of the North or Aerodrome without bumping into hordes of mechs.

Last time I even counted them.

12 mechanist out of 19 people.

But sure.  Poor-poor mechanist getting nerfed every patch.

Thread title: Rifle scrapper after the patch

OP: Rifle Scrapper dead as a result of mech nerf. 

Me (sarctically): It was deserved. Engi golden child. 

You: Boohoo poor mech. 

I get hating mech but you could at least do it in a conversation where it's relevant. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 8
  • Confused 2

11 minutes ago, Okhu.7948 said:

No one is talking about mech, they're talking about rifle which is a weapon all engineer specs can use. Put your clown make up on next time you come in Engineer forums.

You mean just like yours ? Didn't know this salt mine has a dress code.

But no thanks I have a good taste.

Also absolute majority of last 3 balance patches were various buffs to Engineer. So crying about constant nerfs is silly regardless of topic of this discussion.

Edited by Hindenburg.3415
  • Like 1
  • Confused 9

23 minutes ago, Hindenburg.3415 said:

You mean just like yours ? Didn't know this salt mine has a dress code.

But no thanks I have a good taste.

Also absolute majority of last 3 balance patches were various buffs to Engineer. So crying about constant nerfs is silly regardless of topic of this discussion.

There was a straight buff to precisely one skill - notably, the one that everybody is complaining about being nerfed entirely into the ground to the point of uselessness and even had the animation changed to the point where it induces motion sickness and just looks glitched - that skill being rifle AA. Which is, as others have pointed out, not a Mechanist-specific skill, but carries over a VERY large impact to the way the rest of the class plays, since it is one of only two mainhand weapons that core Engineer has access to.

Now, Engie is forced into using an elite spec weapon to be relevant - Pistol has always been on the meeeehhh side, won't say it's irrelevant, but it is niche, while rifle has always been the most used weapon across all builds because it's just... really the only thing that works without having to think too hard about it.
You equip a rifle, you shoot things, it does Power damage. Things die. Tada. Every other class has at least three versions of such a weapon.
It was weak before the recent change to becoming the three-round-burst, but it was a manageable weak. Now it's just horrible, and suddenly core Engie has no relevant weapon to use aside from kits.

Everything else has either been a nerf, or a backhanded 'balanced' buff that brought two negative changes for any one positive change made to a thing. Go back to the General/Necro boards where you're from according to your history. You were having more productive discussions on them than you were here - though the salt baiting just seems to be your preferred game anyway.

Edited by Kusumura.8642
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

The difference is longbow is a ranged weapon. Are you really saying the top sustained DPS should be a ranged weapon with 1200 range , especially when engineer has a 1500 range mortar and 900 range grenades to fill that gap?
In all these years I never thought to myself, let me go play with rifle on scrapper.

Hammer was better still before this nerf.  Rifle is only best on builds that have no competition like core and mech (mace is a hybrid weapon not power focused like rifle).  Rifle scrapper could make sense in a few scenarios but mainly if you have to range, now you’ll just spam mortars, why can’t rifle be decent?  Their stated change was not a nerf but they slipped in some extra aftercast again.

Also, rifle is good on heal scrapper if you want to cover might better while sacrificing protection, which simply isn’t needed in a lot of scenarios (always nice though).

• Thanks 2

I really feel like I am in the minority when I say I prefer rifle when it was hip shot, the 3 round burst is what killed rifle scrapper for me (and the silly flip) but this change has me thinking about playing it again. It seems like a nice compromise between the original and the update.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 7

So they took away the three shots, took away our invis, took away and fun run an engie had... to do what balance? there is no balance now... you force players to play the "new" builds buy taking away a fun item/build from older builds, so what is the engie good for now? a Farm toon i guess... wow... real great way to fix it... No one like engie much before. you gave us scrapper. that was the best thing you did for them.  then you finally fix the rifle and now you just break it again. It took my toon so long to take a camp with my mech dying before i could capture it. that's a real great fix. can't wait to see how a zerg in WvW or a Raid or anything goes... i guess they just don't want you to play as engineer. Great job Anet. you all should try to listen to us a little after you make a "up grade" and try to adjust... SOOON i hope. if now, well you just killed the Engineer again.

• Like 9
  • Confused 1

I like playing with the engineer, it's fun, in all its forms, except holo, it's not fun, I still don't understand what they wanted to do with that one. But I honestly believe that the people who are in charge of making the supposed balance sheets are mediocre people, with a mediocre mentality. Instead of improving what is bad, they destroy what is good. And the rifle in the engineer, that was fine. 
It's one step forward and three steps back. Thank you Arenanet

• Like 1

Props to Anet, you nailed this patch!!

We (engineers) only have 1 terrible mainhand weapon left. Time to attack this mega/hyper/ultra/imba overpowered pistol so we will have to hit with our big asura heads to deal some damage.

Rip Engineer Riffle 2022 😲

Edited by Ruisenior.6342
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1