WvW - Flamestrike Will Need To Be Nerfed. [Issue Resolved]

SleepyBat.9034

3 hours ago, Newholiday.8103 said:

Scepter in general is gonna get nerfed.  Played it in spvp,  it's ridiculously strong right now. 

No it won't...sorry to break your bubble...they will change numbers as they do with everything but new scepter is here now to stay like every other weapon that enjoyed a redesign so far....so people better learn how to dodge scepter ele..or just get farmed lol.

2022....10 years from launch and finally I see people cry about scepter ele....been waiting for these tears for too long...it's my time to finally kite, fire and forget....no more chasing monkeys with d/d... while they laugh and press 11111 33333 from 900-1200 range

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

WVW or Spvp these are very different game types and ppl seem to be mixing between the 2. In wvw if your using an 1 skill as an ele with an scepter your more then likely wasting dps when you could be casting an stronger skill or even swapping (i hate FA builds a lot but they are stronger then most others for scepter even now).

• Like 1

Wait what? Literary talking about nerfing AA of ele? Now ive seen everything. 

Sure lets nerf it, after the harbringer AA nerf, engie rifle AA nerf, ranger LB AA nerf and the list goes on. You do realise that ele got one of the most weakest AA in the game?

And speaking of scepter fire AA - the majority of the dmg (the second strike) can be sidestepped if you just move? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

Here's what the wiki says happened https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Flamestrike

(Undocumented) Reduced power coefficient of the first strike from 0.45 to 0.225 in PvE and to 0.185 in PvP and WvW. Increased power coefficient of the second strike from 0.15 to 0.375 in PvE and to 0.28 in PvP and WvW. Reduced burning duration of the first strike from 3 seconds to 1.5 seconds. Increased burning duration of the second strike from 1 second to 2.5 seconds.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, soulknight.9620 said:

Wait what? Literary talking about nerfing AA of ele? Now ive seen everything. 

Sure lets nerf it, after the harbringer AA nerf, engie rifle AA nerf, ranger LB AA nerf and the list goes on. You do realise that ele got one of the most weakest AA in the game?

And speaking of scepter fire AA - the majority of the dmg (the second strike) can be sidestepped if you just move? 

If they nerfed auto-attacks like Flame Thrower and Rifle they will nerf yours, deal with it.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

5 minutes ago, EyzKold.8247 said:

Enjoy your scepter for now..it will get nerfed.  That being said, I'm getting my weaver out again to try it in wvw.   Rifle mech/scrapper  is dead..too many crybabies.  It will happen to any class that someone cries, "it's op!" 

It's still playable.....bad players will still die regardless, as it has always been...they buff and they nerf...people cry...rinse and repeat. The most importan thing is to learn how to play a class...so regardless of nerfs you still farm the baddies. Yes they will nerf scepter dmg..and? They did not remove the updates on rifle did they? Engies did not go back to pre-buff animations and mechanics for rifle....NO, they just nerfed some numbers, let's stop the tears. Being playable is the most important thing and if they nerf the dmg because Timmy is mad he died.....as long as you know how to play the class and the weapon is actually viable, you can still ramp up enough dmg to kill Timmy over and over again

• Confused 2

It's the animation and mech genius that makes it bad now.   I've played condi, damage, and Hmech.  I like hmech the best.  I'm not for or against the mechanist class, but I'm not for people crying all the time about any class being OP without a reasonable solution.  My main class was weaver until it got nerfed a while back.  Played / tested other classes until they got nerfed as well.  When will it end?  Who knows.  Just pick something, play it until it gets nerfed, and move on.

• Confused 2

But dont you know ? Elementalist is the worst class in the game in every single gamemode. So much so Catalyst is now one of the best of not the best DPS in the game.

I think Elementalist needs more buff, I mean I saw someone not dying after I use Air Scepter 2 with a crit. It is innaceptable and it should die so fast it doesnt go into downstate mod. 

• Confused 3

Scepter is fine, the fresh air trait itself needs tuning. That trait has been carrying scepter both and after this mini rework and is only as strong as it is paired with its speed and methods of damage immunity while still triggering bursts of damage like a mesmer. And even now, its not the strongest thing you can do on weaver but its one the strongest along with being the most annoying.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, SleepyBat.9034 said:

If they nerfed auto-attacks like Flame Thrower and Rifle they will nerf yours, deal with it.

So care to throw in at least a single argument at all? Or we just being salty? 

Whats so op about a 900 range and 0.185+0.28 power coefficient and 1.5 and 2.5 sec burn auto while being able to mitigate the later part of both dmg types by just walking? And you do realise that what anet did is shift a bit of dmg from the first part of the skill (which cant be evaded) to a second part (which can be evaded by plain walking). Dmg wise it wasnt changed at all. So it had the same dmg for like years. Soo... im just gonna ask again: how is it op? 

On 12/1/2022 at 12:20 AM, SleepyBat.9034 said:

Elementalist Fire Scepter Auto-attack is incredibly broken and will need to be adjusted.

hey! i am copying what i wrote in another thread, because i belive it can help here too.

Fire AA hurts like a truck, ...  https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Flamestrike

It does 1 hit with 1 stack of burn on the first hit and a second hit also with 1 stack of  burn on the afterhit of the aoe that spawns under you after your hit from the initial AA.  If you keep moving, you can avoid the second hit consistently. The second hit is applying the major part of the strikedamage and burn.  

Its not supposed to be a "L2P" post. But walking while the ele AA´s will let you avoid the second hit with ease.

If you just keep holding a movement button, the dps from the Fire AA isnt even 50% of what it is when your standing still.

With their recent changes they funneled even more into that. They nerfed the first hit across the board, they halfed the burnduration, reduced the scaling yada yada...  and buffed the second hit They increased burning and power damage there. This way you have a simple counterplay to it. If you are moving Flamestrike just does a fraction of its damage, it will deal even less damage then before the "buff", because they drastically reduced the damage on the first hit.

Hope that helps. ❤️

Edit:  look at how drasitcally they reduced the scaling and burn duration on the first hit!  If you can avoid the second hit, they actually nerfed the AA

"Reduced power coefficient of the first strike from 0.45 to 0.225 in PvE and to 0.185 in PvP and WvW.  (from 0.45 to 0.185)

Increased power coefficient of the second strike from 0.15 to 0.375 in PvE and to 0.28 in PvP and WvW.

Reduced burning duration of the first strike from 3 seconds to 1.5 seconds.  (halved the duration)

Increased burning duration of the second strike from 1 second to 2.5 seconds."

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Alcatraznc.3869 said:

But dont you know ? Elementalist is the worst class in the game in every single gamemode. So much so Catalyst is now one of the best of not the best DPS in the game.

I think Elementalist needs more buff, I mean I saw someone not dying after I use Air Scepter 2 with a crit. It is innaceptable and it should die so fast it doesnt go into downstate mod. 

>Ele gets a few buffs

>Genuinely still hard to play for 90% of players

>Still the least used class almost everywhere

>Alcatraznc: NERF ELEMENTALIST!!!!!! I DIED TO IT ONCE, NERF!!!!! I don't want people who put twice as much effort into their gameplay to ever win vs me 11111111ing!!!!

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1