What do you look forward to most during Wintersday

Farohna.6247

Excluding all the over-sized Charr and Norn players, I usually enjoy the Jump Puzzle the most.

Arenanet really should turn other players into special snowflakes or something else that's seasonally fitting, similar to the wisps in Halloween's clock tower.

The bell choir comes in at second place.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

I like the variety of mini games. There's some I enjoy more than others (I especially like Bell Choir and the jumping puzzle) but the main thing I like is having multiple activities to choose from and working my way round all of them. I try to make sure I do each one at least once a year.

• Like 3

Winter Wonderland. I love doing the Gingerbread path, because it is the most challenging and gives the best loot. All the macro users keep the challenge up. I do not consider them a disturbance. Even the big characters are fun to outrun. I do not go for maximum efficiency, rather play for fun and entertainment. Which means I sometimes go for extra-risky jumps that almost always end in the pit. On the other hand, I like waiting at the gift-stairs for more people or use the initial snow-flakes the proper way. It is not much of a slow-down, but brightens the mood of the other participants ^^.

The only really annoying part is the targeting of other players which has never been fixed. It is only used by salty trolls to distract certain players, so they make mistakes. We will have a bunch of threads about this topic again this year. Sigh. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I like the variety of mini games. There's some I enjoy more than others (I especially like Bell Choir and the jumping puzzle) but the main thing I like is having multiple activities to choose from and working my way round all of them. I try to make sure I do each one at least once a year.

Same, I really enjoy the variety and do them all at least once a year.

19 hours ago, stormemperor.3745 said:

Winter's Presence, hopefully after 4 years.

Ugh I'm still working on that after four years as well, don't know if I'll ever finish it, but it's a long term goal. 

13 hours ago, TOAD.4718 said:

This will be my first so I’m sure I’ll enjoy just participating in it.

I think you'll enjoy the festival, it's a good time for all. 💙

• Like 2

On 12/7/2022 at 12:14 AM, Randulf.7614 said:

I just hope they put the festive foods back in after the poor decision during Halloween took them all out of the bags

The ones from Wintersday gifts were removed during that summer patch as well, so don't get your hopes up. 😐

Edited by Ashantara.8731

8 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

The ones from Wintersday gifts were removed during that summer patch as well, so don't get your hopes up. 😐

I Know, I’m hoping they put them back in. I guess we will see if they still care about player feedback on Tuesday, but my hopes are def not up given they’ve gone back to silence again

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 2

Hoping for better loot, otherwise it's just rinse and repeat, but do like the festive atmosphere and the number of people on the same map, reminds me of Friday night reset in wvw, the anticipation, the wait, the nervous chat and finally, go go go!! otherwise, we welcome all the bots and trolls and wish them all the happiness in the world

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Perhaps an odd response, but for me it is less the activities and more the general ambience.

I don't find that odd at all, I think that's a good 75 percent of it.  The activities are fun, but the ambience is a huge part, much like festivals in real life.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Perhaps an odd response, but for me it is less the activities and more the general ambience.

It’s a massive part of it and why I like it in Divinity’s Reach which has a Victorian Christmas feels in its streets. The activities and ambience together create it as a festival.

Oh and the food. Just saying Anet if you are reading this. The food. Don’t forget the food…

• Like 4