Can we stop the cc spamming? (warriors)

Peter.3901

Like, seriously, i got that its because warriors "cant land a hit", but cmon Anet, this doesn't mean that my character need to be in the ground every kitten second until he kills me, and i'm not just saying about spellbreaker, even berserker is doing that kitten now.

Otherwise, give shortbow perma cc too, 60% of the time the damage is "obstructed" or "out of range".

Edited by Peter.3901
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 7

Wanna reduce warrior CC? Cool, but reduce their precasts and cast times by the same amount when you do so. Or increase their damage by the same amount you reduce their CC by (PvP forums would explode though).

Making Dual Wielding and Berserk Mode's attack speed increases stack with each other and quickness would work as well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

33 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Wanna reduce warrior CC? Cool, but reduce their precasts and cast times by the same amount when you do so. Or increase their damage by the same amount you reduce their CC by (PvP forums would explode though).

Making Dual Wielding and Berserk Mode's attack speed increases stack with each other and quickness would work as well.

So many builds do not even have that much CC with such short cooldown except Untamed, and they seem fine.

• Like 2
  • Confused 5

2 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Actually, Untamed technically doesn't have any telegraphs between instant strike teleport bursts and the very large bright green bubble they hide in that masks all animations.

Amazing design.

*Gestures in warrior*

Even more amazing design is creating a class that has to rely on CCs to lock down targets to secure their own damage when the other 8 classes do not have to deal with that only to have people QQ about the CC on the forums.

Like I said, you want less warrior CC? Cool, I'd rather not have to rely on them. Reduce the precasts and cast times of the other skills by the same amount though.

• Thanks 7

7 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Ranger doesn't have the telegraphs that warrior does.

I died to an untamed between PvP and WvW, exactly this number of times......0 since its launch not even in the free for all arena I was able to die to one , I guess I could die if I fight Boyce or ROM. Comparing a well played spellbreaker to a glass spec with a pve rotation...it's pretty asinine, the Untamed is at best a +1 when paired with other good players..otherwise it's a laughable spec.

But again just to be on the same page...you guys are talking about the glass burst on metabattle right?....And apparently this spec has an easier time to CC a target compared to a well played spellbreaker?.....

• Confused 5

5 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Actually, Untamed technically doesn't have any telegraphs between instant strike teleport bursts and the very large bright green bubble they hide in that masks all animations.

Amazing design.

I would like to see you on an Untamed...alone not duo against decent players in Ranked, 1g for every time you avoid death..otherwise you pay 1g for every time you die

• Confused 4

6 hours ago, Zizekent.2398 said:

And Ranger can spam daze, chains, and condi bomb you at range.

Ranger can spam daze and condi bomb?...C'mon now, I have played warrior for over 1k hours now, it's not that weak anymore in PvP/WvW, surely it's not some boon spamming atrocity but it's not that wounded dog anymore, that much it's clear and the warrior community should really stop the niagara falls now....just stop....just kittening stop already! It's cringe at this point!

I can farm your every day ranger on literally anything, by comparison even your run of the mill warrior knows how to use Full Counter and endure pain with shield and it can becomes an annoyance even when played by a donkey...and again by comparison a ranger played by a donkey can be killed almost instantly by looking at it.

I am not even asking for nerfs/buffs or anything just all of you must stop with these donkey kitten commentary, stop taking as example a class with a single block I can steamroll through like childplay

Edited by Arheundel.6451
  • Confused 4

36 minutes ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Ranger can spam daze and condi bomb?...C'mon now, I have played warrior for over 1k hours now, it's not that weak anymore in PvP/WvW, surely it's not some boon spamming atrocity but it's not that wounded dog anymore, that much it's clear and the warrior community should really stop the niagara falls now....just stop....just kittening stop already! It's cringe at this point!

What? you're so biased that you just ignored the whole point, no one said that warrior is weak, just pointed that there are more CC spam builds lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Can we stop the cc spamming? (insert any other profession not mentioned in the title)

Warrior is not even the worst in terms of CC, despite relying more on CC to do damage than any other profession.

But if they reduce Warrior's CC, they better massively improve Warriors capabilities to catch enemies to make up for it and massively decrease the damage they take from all the AoE vomit people cover the floor with.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

yep, let's remove cc on the class that's designed around having a lot of cc and using it to land critical skills. you know the one with a cc based boon rip spec.

next we can go after ranger and it's pesky range attacks and pet. then we will go after ele, somehow it's different elements give it versatility and I think that's gotta go.

classes can't have identity. nope, they gotta be exactly the same. like, what if we just had 9 different coloured filters over the same set of skills. nice. that would be good

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

I died to an untamed between PvP and WvW, exactly this number of times......0 since its launch not even in the free for all arena I was able to die to one , I guess I could die if I fight Boyce or ROM. Comparing a well played spellbreaker to a glass spec with a pve rotation...it's pretty asinine, the Untamed is at best a +1 when paired with other good players..otherwise it's a laughable spec.

But again just to be on the same page...you guys are talking about the glass burst on metabattle right?....And apparently this spec has an easier time to CC a target compared to a well played spellbreaker?.....

K? That really isn't the point though to this convo is it though.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Untamed actually has a decent amount of cc. The meta untamed runs smoke and wolf. Smokescale knockdown 1 sec, wolf knockdown 2 sec, wolf fear 2 sec, hilt bash 2.5 or 2.25 (can’t remember which) gs 4 flipover skill, and longbow 4. Then some untamed run the cage utility skill 4 sec aoe stuck where you are.

I’m not saying it needs nerfs right now, but let’s not pretend warrior is the only class with a lot of cc.

Another example is power chrono. It’s more of a burst cc, but they can keep a whole team cced longer than a war can.

Again, I don’t think chrono needs nerfs, and spellbreaker does need a shave, but don’t pretend there aren’t other classes with lots of cc.

• Thanks 6

1 hour ago, Zuko.7132 said:

Untamed actually has a decent amount of cc. The meta untamed runs smoke and wolf. Smokescale knockdown 1 sec, wolf knockdown 2 sec, wolf fear 2 sec, hilt bash 2.5 or 2.25 (can’t remember which) gs 4 flipover skill, and longbow 4. Then some untamed run the cage utility skill 4 sec aoe stuck where you are.

I’m not saying it needs nerfs right now, but let’s not pretend warrior is the only class with a lot of cc.

Another example is power chrono. It’s more of a burst cc, but they can keep a whole team cced longer than a war can.

Again, I don’t think chrono needs nerfs, and spellbreaker does need a shave, but don’t pretend there aren’t other classes with lots of cc.

Fun fact. Warrior is the class with the fourth most CCs. Not even in the top three, they just use what they have out of necessity.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1