Gemshop contains story spoilers?

Balsa.3951

not a serious post but shoot in the dark.

I noticed that a lot gemshop skins have a demonic theme recently. Is that just bcs it sells well or are we going the path of demons.

Some story like Dantes Inferno? Where we go deeper and deeper into the underworld.

From the map Dragons end I got the feeling that we will face outer dimensions tentacle creatures like the one in fractals?

Just a guess going all demonic and lovecraftish

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 10

I found it curious how we got some vampire themed stuff around the time some started to speculate about the celestial ministry being full of vampires. However, I wouldn't exactly look to gemstore for spoilers. Some of the items offered aren't exactly lore-friendly (what even is that cat jade bot abomination?).

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Wolfshade.9251 said:

I found it curious how we got some vampire themed stuff around the time some started to speculate about the celestial ministry being full of vampires. However, I wouldn't exactly look to gemstore for spoilers. Some of the items offered aren't exactly lore-friendly (what even is that cat jade bot abomination?).

I'd argue that vampire themed stuff is less lore-friendly, considering the only vampires in Tyria are these things and the outfit pack was clearly themed on post-Dracula vampires, which have never appeared or been mentioned in Guild Wars.

Whereas the jade bot is a robot created by humans so it can look like whatever they make it into, like golems and mini pets (which are tiny golems), and since it's being made and marketed by an in-universe company it wouldn't surprise me if they make some variants, including a cute one, for people who don't like the default green blob.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I'd argue that vampire themed stuff is less lore-friendly, considering the only vampires in Tyria are these things and the outfit pack was clearly themed on post-Dracula vampires, which have never appeared or been mentioned in Guild Wars.

GW1 had these things, which are slightly more post-Dracula-esque than the Vampire Beasts in GW2:
https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Vampire

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 2

And then today all of a sudden it became a real topic...

'Phoenixes have been the beloved pets of Canthan royalty for centuries. With Empress Ihn visiting Divinity’s Reach soon, demand for phoenix-themed attire has taken off. You wouldn’t believe how hard it was to get this many feathers…'

(From the website, talking about the Canthan Phoenix Wings Backpack and Glider...)

On 1/28/2023 at 12:02 PM, Balsa.3951 said:

not a serious post but shoot in the dark.

I noticed that a lot gemshop skins have a demonic theme recently. Is that just bcs it sells well or are we going the path of demons.

Some story like Dantes Inferno? Where we go deeper and deeper into the underworld.

From the map Dragons end I got the feeling that we will face outer dimensions tentacle creatures like the one in fractals?

Just a guess going all demonic and lovecraftish

Despite people constantly trying to predict the future plot from gemstore sales, ArenaNet has never actually foreshadowed narrative with gemstore releases. If there's a connection between the story narrative and gemstore releases, they either release at the same time (e.g., the Inquest Mk II and Branded weapons during Season 4) or they come after the release by one or two gemstore updates.

So as usual with these threads, I think you're looking too much into it. Especially now that... 

On 1/29/2023 at 2:29 AM, Wolfshade.9251 said:

Despite being an overdone vfx eyesore, before 2022 almost all the gemstore skins were fully lore friendly. Even if only tangibly.

Sadly, we've left that territory with elf ears, vampires, and cartoon fairies.

It won't be long before we start getting clown car mount skins like Tera and most Korean MMOs out there.

24 minutes ago, Dolce Luce.6529 said:

And then today all of a sudden it became a real topic...

'Phoenixes have been the beloved pets of Canthan royalty for centuries. With Empress Ihn visiting Divinity’s Reach soon, demand for phoenix-themed attire has taken off. You wouldn’t believe how hard it was to get this many feathers…'

(From the website, talking about the Canthan Phoenix Wings Backpack and Glider...)

Which isn't new. Mi-Rae holonews mentions Ihn and Min making preparations to visit Jennah after you complete the EoD storyline. This, imo, is just piggybacking off of LNY and "tying it into lore" by pulling from this EoD line.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/2/2023 at 12:45 AM, Balsa.3951 said:

Here for a quick I told u so.... we got Demons. And we go down down into the underworld

"Gemstore is doing a very wide ranging theme that's been prevalent throughout human history, it's clearly a sign of the future story!"

The story: Truma and Lovecraftian elements from GW1 with very specific themes of nightmares, fear, and insanity.

"See, I told you, Generic Demons!"

Honestly, the past gemstore stuff might have held "demonic" themes (only one that actually comes to mind is the umbral snake backpack and glider tbh), but I don't htink there was anything tied to Oni, trauma, nightmares (either the mental kind, or the demon kind), and hallucinations.

But congrats, you guessed a very wide ranged topic that a lot of people guessed a year ago.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

"Gemstore is doing a very wide ranging theme that's been prevalent throughout human history, it's clearly a sign of the future story!"

The story: Truma and Lovecraftian elements from GW1 with very specific themes of nightmares, fear, and insanity.

"See, I told you, Generic Demons!"

Honestly, the past gemstore stuff might have held "demonic" themes (only one that actually comes to mind is the umbral snake backpack and glider tbh), but I don't htink there was anything tied to Oni, trauma, nightmares (either the mental kind, or the demon kind), and hallucinations.

But congrats, you guessed a very wide ranged topic that a lot of people guessed a year ago.

to bad its so hard to admit u where wrong.... usually it shows a strong character.

i agree it was easy to predict for me and many many other but impossible for u... but well 

• Confused 3

11 minutes ago, Balsa.3951 said:

to bad its so hard to admit u where wrong.... usually it shows a strong character.

i agree it was easy to predict for me and many many other but impossible for u... but well

I actually did predict this plot, even the exact location.
It was of three highly likely places to me, and also the one I was hoping for the least.

That said, I do not see a connection between this release, and previous gemstore sales about maids, vampires, and shadow snakes. In fact, looking through the November, December, and January skins... I am not sure I see any demonic skins - norn skiffs and phoenix/magma tied stuff, along with festival things... Let alone any tied to this release's themes. Please do link exact examples to point me as wrong here.

But like you (tried to) say, "it's so hard to admit you were wrong".

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 2/1/2023 at 4:20 AM, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

Despite people constantly trying to predict the future plot from gemstore sales, ArenaNet has never actually foreshadowed narrative with gemstore releases. If there's a connection between the story narrative and gemstore releases, they either release at the same time (e.g., the Inquest Mk II and Branded weapons during Season 4) or they come after the release by one or two gemstore updates.

So as usual with these threads, I think you're looking too much into it. Especially now that... 

Despite being an overdone vfx eyesore, before 2022 almost all the gemstore skins were fully lore friendly. Even if only tangibly.

Sadly, we've left that territory with elf ears, vampires, and cartoon fairies.

It won't be long before we start getting clown car mount skins like Tera and most Korean MMOs out there.

Which isn't new. Mi-Rae holonews mentions Ihn and Min making preparations to visit Jennah after you complete the EoD storyline. This, imo, is just piggybacking off of LNY and "tying it into lore" by pulling from this EoD line.

hard to believe u predict that since u spread miss information about the gemshop has never spoiled story. u may wanna search an outfit with has one half fire the other Ice.

wich was clearly a symbol of fire and ice clash from icebrood saga.

but ya continue to tell me why me being right was wrong 

• Confused 4