Skirmish Tickets

Goglak.2591

7 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

The problem is people are assuming optimal farming; your average player probably isn't able to clear raids that easily as opposed to just getting WvW partcipation.

With all the buffs to PvE DPS over the years and the mega boon vomit, and the addition of raid EZ mode, it's far, far easier than it's ever been to clear raids. ~6 months ago, it was 7 Mechs and some FBs clearing bosses in ~2 minutes per.

Whereas for WvW, once you hit that 500 rank requirement for the Triumphant WvW legendary, you'll be sitting on a gold mine of enough tickets to buy just about one single piece!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Just now, LSD.4673 said:

With all the buffs to PvE DPS over the years and the mega boon vomit, and the addition of raid EZ mode, it's far, far easier than it's ever been to clear raids. ~6 months ago, it was 7 Mechs and some FBs clearing bosses in ~2 minutes per.

Whereas for WvW, once you hit that 500 rank requirement for the Triumphant WvW legendary, you'll be sitting on a gold mine of enough tickets to buy just about one single piece!

You don't need any WvW rank for legendary armor in WVW, that is only for the skin.

The normal ascended Triumphant Hero can upgrade to legendary.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Justine.6351 said:

Why is it people new to wvw think they have to gun for legendary armor?

They don't. They're looking at WvW as the easiest method by which to attain legendary armor (although it may take longer, it only requires simple participation by flipping a camp every 10 minutes). Watch Team chat long enough and you'll come across several players who announce that they hate WvW and pvp in general and are only playing the game mode for their legendary armor.

Edited by Ronin.4501
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Goglak.2591 said:

how come the PvE armor takes 5 weeks of max tickets to get enough to craft legendary PvE armor ticket to craft, but it takes 22 weeks to get the WvW max tickets to craft the WvW armor?

this needs to be fixed.

Because Anet is trying to discourage the type of players who hate the game mode from participating in said game mode by locking it behind an extremely lengthy time gate.

• Haha 1

Little note here:  They aren't mutually exclusive.  When I was rushing for all legendary armor before the expansion dropped, I would do weekly raids AND get the skirmish cap.  Granted, the WvW portion involved a lot of me being AFK doing something IRL, only to come back and do one thing every 10 minutes.  Mostly I just picked a far enemy camp and hid there, letting it get flipped over and over again. 

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Goglak.2591 said:

how come the PvE armor takes 5 weeks of max tickets to get enough to craft legendary PvE armor ticket to craft, but it takes 22 weeks to get the WvW max tickets to craft the WvW armor?

this needs to be fixed.

Simple. Back in the day WvW had no options for Leggo gear. In those days the discussion was well what if it was ok if it longer to do so in WvW since we didn't need to get a full group of 10 online at the same time to do an organized activity but could just played the game mode. That was our compromise. Sorry if that's too long, if it is its time for you to organize and raid. That was the trade off we accepted so we could get an option for Leggo gear at all. And still good with the deal since it means we were able to get it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Goglak.2591 said:

this needs to be fixed.

Play raids then. You seem able to full clear weekly. No reason to go for the WvW one.

If you aren't full clearing weekly, then your comparison is moot isn't it?

Oh and this is just me being pedantic, but it actually takes 6 weeks for the PvE raid armor and that applies only for the first set, but I am sure you just forgot to account for that in your complaint.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 4
  • Confused 3

Since HoT released I've basically exclusively roamed in WvW.
So naturally, when it came time to get some legendary armor I just tagged along with an established guild and went and got them from raids in a few weeks of minimal effort.

it's a better armor model than the WvW one, and required way less effort than doing it via WvW. I think it took me like 7 weeks of a couple of nights a week for a few hours? And the bottleneck was not having enough chak eggs at the end. 
I guess it's a hard one to address though, if they make legendary armor easier to obtain via WvW, do you just end up with a load of solo pubbies AFKing in spawn for easy to obtain Legendary Armor?

The issue's definitely that WvW armor takes a billion years to get regardless on if you're playing or if you're AFKing, whereas for PvE you need to actually do the content. Perhaps the road to WvW Legendary Armor needs to be rethought to not be something skirmish ticket based anyway? No idea how i'd tackle it. A currency that's dropped from other players or structures?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, The Boz.2038 said:

Perhaps all the reward systems in this gods forsaken mode need to be rethought?

My god, I think you're on to something.
The reason why I said that in regards to Legendary Armor, is if you made it a 5 week timegate to get full legendary armor for AFKing in spawn while you're at work, you're going to have the majority of borderlands completely queue capped as fresh 80s sit in there to get their free legendary armor.

People are always going to pick the path of least resistance when it comes to obtaining rewards in MMOs.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Esufer.8762 said:

The issue's definitely that WvW armor takes a billion years to get regardless on if you're playing or if you're AFKing, whereas for PvE you need to actually do the content. Perhaps the road to WvW Legendary Armor needs to be rethought to not be something skirmish ticket based anyway? No idea how i'd tackle it. A currency that's dropped from other players or structures?

That's where the "weekly vendor" idea tries to bring in the Emblems as a currency to buy more skirmish tickets. AFK type armour seekers will have significantly less Emblems than active roamers or zerg players, so the later ones would benefit from the vendor in a much greater scale.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, LSD.4673 said:

I mean sure but that still doesn't compare to refreshing your participation every 10 minutes or so. And WvW is dominated by the same boon vomit too, so ...

Point was  people can't use optimal farming numbers for most people. Then again i doubt most players that aren't dedicated to WvW are going to bother to play it like a part time job

5 hours ago, Justine.6351 said:

Why is it people new to wvw think they have to gun for legendary armor?

People want things because they exist. Many cry over the Skyscale like open world is too hard without it because there's several maps where it makes it easier to leech off a train. Some people even want the warclaw even if they don't play WvW. It's better not to question them and just send them back to spawn asap.

It's just somewhat funny to think that someone who doesn't raid or WvW actually needs on the fly stat changes that several sets of ascended couldn't duplicate.  Maybe fractals but beyond that you can't have a rational conversation with those people.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Confused 3

14 minutes ago, Esufer.8762 said:

My god, I think you're on to something.
The reason why I said that in regards to Legendary Armor, is if you made it a 5 week timegate to get full legendary armor for AFKing in spawn while you're at work, you're going to have the majority of borderlands completely queue capped as fresh 80s sit in there to get their free legendary armor.

People are always going to pick the path of least resistance when it comes to obtaining rewards in MMOs.

It is because the game mode is specifically designed to make you sad about trying to play it, and rewards you the best if you just tag a guard and flip a camp every few minutes. Nearly no reason at all to actually go around and do stuff.
So long as it stays like that, the legendary reward must be stupid far.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, The Boz.2038 said:

It is because the game mode is specifically designed to make you sad about trying to play it, 

Eh, it's doing a terrible job at that, I have a great time in WvW. Just was a frustration for me to have to step out of my preferred game mode to go and get Legendaries so I could go back to playing my preferred game mode.

Well, they did create an easy brain dead way in WvW to complete legendary armor. All you have to do is keep participation up. No achievements required to complete it like raid armor. It's 6 weeks for the first set in raids and then 12 weeks for the next set if you desire it. In WvW all you do is wait until you have the skirmish tickets. In WvW you can buy the memories of battle if you don't have enough. No such option in raids. They don't use memories but they have time gated Provisioner Tokens(unless you have the time gated ascended items to buy them outright). 

So your choice - challenge yourself and join raids - do the achievements and make your armor. Or stay in easy mode and coast to your legendary armor in WvW.

I've made both raid and WvW armors Med, Lt, Hvy, btw.(multiple sets - before the armory, btw) So don't tell me it can't be done.

• Confused 1

Well as of the patch later today it will take 20 weeks to get a full set of legendary armor. So that's an improvement. You'll be able to get 400 tickets per week instead of 365 max.

The thing that is sad is that there is no OW legendary armor. Why is that sad? Well, because there are so many afk'ers/leechers in WvW because of that. And on top of that they have to spend a lot of time in WvW. I mean personally, I don't need it to go faster though I do like to get it faster, but I also like WvW. So I'm also there for the WvW.

But all those people who hate raiding and prefer OW content do come to WvW when they want legendary armor. And as such they spend a lot of time in WvW and that's to the detriment of WvW itself. They don't want to be there, but if you think about it, WvW players also don't want them to be there.

So from my point of view, it should go faster but for the sake of WvW itself. So not for the sake of making things easier, but for WvW itself...(edit:) or make legendary armor sets for OW, that's another alternative. 

Edited by Gehenna.3625
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

8 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Simple. Back in the day WvW had no options for Leggo gear. In those days the discussion was well what if it was ok if it longer to do so in WvW since we didn't need to get a full group of 10 online at the same time to do an organized activity but could just played the game mode. That was our compromise. Sorry if that's too long, if it is its time for you to organize and raid. That was the trade off we accepted so we could get an option for Leggo gear at all. And still good with the deal since it means we were able to get it.

Was there much of a discussion? Or were you just given the 22+ week path and since there was no other choice, it had to be good enough? This is a genuine question.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

10 hours ago, Esufer.8762 said:

I understand you are addressing the AFKing versus active play bits, or assume so. But there is a also a fine line here in zergs, warbands, havocs and roamers. The reasons the tickets work today is it doesn't care what scale you play in or prefer so in that sense it works. Not saying it couldn't be improved on but would say we shouldn't just error on the side of the zerg, which again isn't I believe your intent but could see how someone passing on forum notes to a dev team could interpret. That said, now there was a lot of back and fourth prior to Leggo being introduced, the additional time is fine and if anything if the time was reduced I think we would end up with more people that are doing this AFKing people are worried about and not less. 

• Like 1