February 14 Balance Update Preview

Rubi Bayer.8493

9 hours ago, Beshbaliq.3724 said:

I really do not understand the positive feedback on the planned changes to mantras, especially for mesmers. Yes, it brings back some flavour to otherwise rather bland skills, but in all honesty? I'd rather have bland skills that can actually be used in gameplay if the other option is full of flavour and has me doing nothing for over two seconds (assuming they just revert to old cast-times).

Sure, we can always just sit on the last page and wait for the other one to recharge, but honestly? That's just bad design. The precast was never a good mechanic. Sure, it was full of flavour and class identity, but there are other ways to get those besides making skills annoying and clunky to use.

The state of mantras right now may be a bland one, but they are usable. Reintroducing precast is, in my oppinion, just lowering the QoL for no real reason at all.

I never understood the point of ANY ability that has a prep time or pre-cast before you can actually use it. Things happen too quickly in GW2 combat to rely on an ability that won't be there the first time you press the key when you need it. I already didn't use mantras much before, and I definitely won't be using them now.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, wesly.6497 said:

Citadel Bombardment cast cost is too high and requires 30 energy, it's too much for PvP and the problem of renegades in PvP and WvW is Kalla Scorchrozor utilities require a lot of energy but summons can be thrown back by CC and they die very quickly to AOE damage. You can somewhat fix it by making them like the guardian's ghostly summoned weapons so they cannot be killed or just give them more hp and immunity to CC like ranger's pets so they cannot be knocked back in all game modes.

Edited by wesly.6497

Im just a bit confused of how they actually handle full counter (a fix of the bug that is still going on would have been maybe enough thats why im confused basicly) but i gues a nerf was needed indeed so yea im fine with it. 

Daredevil sweap swipe back to steal is actually good since it buffs thief in terms of range of steal but get finaly rid of this stupid unblockable part in it. (Blocks should be block and it should cost something if you want hit though it)

Mirage doesn't get reworks and it sec dodge back was a bit confused but hmmm gues they need time for it cause its not that ezy to handle without making it too good or too Bad mechanic wise.

Scourge get basicly nothing. Well think they doesnt focused on that spec yet. (Maybe cause its also a bit hard to handle also cause of its field spamy mechanic if im right)

For necro over all it seems to be not too big but i think it goes in right way anyways. (even while its slow improvement)

Bladesworn is now not only melee but also midrange dmg is a good step since ..... well its a pistol e-spec so shouldnt it be at least somehow ranged? Also gain Berserker an on/off Button is a good thing ...... tho im in hope its not bound though Eternal Champion?!

Over all Mantras need to be loaded first is in my opinion a good step since instant cast is always bad specialy if its a cc lel.

Though Warr in general. My gues was a nerf to the stabi line in defence ....... but instead they nerfed Adrenal Heal? A bit stupid decision but well gues they know what they are doing?!

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Any planned reworks for Mesmer scepter in the future?  Lot of core weapon updates have happened with Elementalist and now pistol with Engineer.  Hoping for some updates here as it's outshined by most other weapons outside of pvp.

Overall excited to see how the updates shake out!  Great work yall!

Edited by TheBouge.7406
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, bluehead.9842 said:

DE dont have usefull AoE

DE dont have invul/block

DE attack is projectile which lot of other class can counter with projectile block/reflect 

a lot of other class skills give revealed status (and its very long duration) 

now you nerf shadow meld...

what kind of BS is this

So basically you are saying you don't know how to time reflects? Also, you are running a rifle, you are a single target focus... What you expected? A fire #5 staff tempest? About reveal... You could always shadowstep, run both rolls to evade, smoke screen, dagger storm, and so many other stuff.... Not to mention the only popular reveal is Sic' Em

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

I think mostly it's a good changes.

So good things will be with Reapers in PVP (finally they could use shouts more actively especially without shout-trait) but i think we still need some upgrades for Reaper's Greatsword for PVP of high divisions. 

Also i agreed with every change in Rangers. No coments. It's good that you move away from traits designed for the whol subtype of utilities. (such as survival etc).

It's so sad that Engineer's Damage Dampener interesting mechanic woulnd be with us anymore but all other changes is ok.

All other also changed is pretty well-deserved especially for all Elementalists builds. 

BUT

• Spellbreaker
    >Breaching Strike: Reduced bonus damage against enemies with no boons from 50% to 5% in PvP and WvW.

lol? Are you still see many dagger spellbreakers in pvp\wvw? Mostly people use hammer \ axe+shield or axe+warhorn. Why you left this 5% at all?) Boon removing combo mechanic on this class is dead now. Dagger's F1 rather will remove boon then hit when enemy will be without boons, it's an axiom. All time I try to find reason to play dagger on spellbreaker in pvp and i cant, but now it's probably not an option at all. )

Anyway,  we expect smart changes to Berzerker and some core-warrior skills such a nerf of Banner of Defense wich is so powerfull in Longbow-Spellbreaker bunkers builds, and also overhelming changes to Bladesworn's gunsaber .
Edited by Torbins.2367
additional info
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 2/2/2023 at 9:19 PM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Core

• Fragmentation Shot: Reduced aftercast duration by 25%.
  • Poison Dart Volley: Increased overall animation speed of this skill by 66%.

These are good steps to modernize and bring Engineer's pistol to a viable level.

Great job, people!

But...

* Poison Dart Volley: It could, in addition to the mentioned improvements, also have an 100% Projectile Finisher fact. It's a damage true skill with a cooldown, so a strategic interaction with one of the several Engineers' combo fields could reward a well timed and positioned use of this skill.

* Static Shot: This skill must be a hard croud control option to the Engineer because the pistols don't have one. It could allow the P/P set up to grants a CC option at the proper slot (the 3rd slot).

Suggestion: Replace Blind and Confusion by Stun and reduce the cooldown to better sinergy with mech's Rocket Punch. The skill would look like a Taser shot (improved) that totally disables the target.

* Blowtorch: A 10s cooldown across the board could grant a better offensive aspect to DPS oriented builds, including Mace/Pistol ones.

* Glue Shot: 20s cooldown is too long for only 1.5 seconds of Immobilize... This skill could have either a lesser cooldown or extra effect.

Edited by Ze Ninguem.6708
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

I don't understand why they are changing firebrand mantras yet again,

The new system is so much easier to use, and no one ever used the last charge of the old system because no matter what they add the long cool down was never worth it.

If the reason is because of counter play, firebrand has been a joke in pvp on the old and new mantra system and in WvW you just add more to the boon ball to cover.

This change will make the class even clunker after the change they made to the tome skills and it seems to be another nerf to the class due to the extra cast and cool down to the skills.

• Like 2

Please remove the mech leash from Mechanical Genius. Currently I feel like my asura is more of a pet than the mech itself. The class can be tuned to be on the lower end of performance, that's fair enough if you want to appropriately reward difficulty of execution, but the pet AI (jade cannon mech in particular) is atrocious and makes the spec clunky to play, forcing the player to either leash themselves to the mech as it doesn't like to move unless it has to, or to manually toggle it off and back on when it returns within range (and again, due to the AI it likes to slingshot past the player before returning). The difficulty of pet management can be increased by removing autocast from the mech skills, or the power can be shifted away further away from the mech's automatic output, while retaining gameplay smoothness by removing the forced stat loss for moving away from your pet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, schento.4980 said:

you know that Spellbreaker is overpowered?

with the 50% damage on top of its 1.32 power ratio in PvP breaching strike easyly hits for 7-8k before stuff like "Sun and Mun" style and "Pure Strikes" get involved. I personaly have hit 12.5k crit with Breaching Strike this monday.

btw, Elementalist's base health is 11,5k.

still wanna stick to your argument?

Ok. so why I should remove boons from target now? For what? For +5% combo damage?  Btw,  ive never placed such crit by Breaching Strike not on anyone for 230+ games in this season on Warrior.  Just couse those Elementalist's for example has milions things to not to allow you make it, and while you're trying to do it you'll burn in the fire placed by some POWER catalyst.

On 2/2/2023 at 7:19 PM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Thief

• Trickster: This trait no longer reduces the cooldown of trick skills. Increased the number of conditions removed from 1 to 2.

So... Can we get a cd decrease for Withdraw - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W) ? Its 25 seconds base, 20 when traited with trickster. Since trickster no longer reduces cd, can we get the traited CD baseline?

I was already using trickster. A lot of this is, again, a nerf to fringe builds for the sake of other fringe builds that leave the meta builds largely unchanged. I understand wanting to get more people to use it, but can we get that included? 

• Like 2

ELE FEEDBACK (PvE Perspective)

Tempest

• QOL on Lucid Singularity is greatly appreciated.
    • However, Tempest still remains the only Quick/Alac giver that can completely lose applications of Alacrity by being interrupted. All the other givers just have their skill put on interrupt CD and delay their next application for a few seconds, or are completely instant-cast/uninterruptable.
    • Tempest should either get improved durations to compensate for this inherent usability flaw, or have a secondary Alacrity application source. Maybe give [Flash Freeze] some baseline Alacrity so less experienced Tempests are able to compensate for less skilled gameplay.

WARRIOR FEEDBACK (PvE Perspective)

Reaction to what was in the Patch:

Core

• Martial Cadence: Reduced quickness duration from 3 seconds to 2 seconds.
    • The only change here that significantly affects PvE. I think it serves its purpose as a band-aid fix making Bladesworn stacking have less consistent quickness uptime.  But I still think many dev hours were absolutely wasted on implementing current Warrior Quickness that will inevitably be seen as a mistake in hindsight (see: alac on core Revenant which had to be removed for Quickness Herald), and hope the devs are working on a proper implementation for Quickness Warrior. 

Berserker

• Arc Divider: Increased power coefficient per strike from 1.4 to 1.5 in PvE only.
    • Is this intended to be a buff for the struggling Power Berserker build? Please see Baseraver's incredibly detailed post about why this is nowhere near enough. This build is in DIRECT competition with both Bladesworn AND Spellbreaker due to Warrior's sad state of being a one-trick-(dps)-pony. Spellbreaker especially is a build that has FAR more QOL baked into the spec, far more utility skill slot flexibility, while still managing to outdps Berserker with all it's flaws. 
  • Sundering Leap: This skill now grants aegis on activation. Reduced cooldown to 15 seconds in all game modes. Reduced power coefficient from 2.33 to 2.0 in PvP and WvW, and from 3.0 to 2.5 in PvE. Decreased berserk mode extension from 5 seconds to 3 seconds in PvE only.
    • Please reduce the aftercast and improve the vertical hitbox of this skill (and Earthshaker!), IMO that is the main usability issue stopping people from actually using this skill.  
  • Eternal Champion: This trait has been reworked. It now grants stability and endurance when entering berserk mode, and it causes all traits that trigger when entering berserk mode to also trigger when exiting berserk mode.
    • I'm not sure why a core functionality change like being able to end Berserk on-demand is locked behind a Grandmaster Trait when it has MANY useful applications in PvE as well, while this GM trait is in direct competition with a mandatory (for PvE) DPS trait, for both Power and Condi.

Spellbreaker

• Full Counter: This skill will now trigger traits that trigger on burst skill usage when striking an enemy instead of when absorbing an attack.
    • I agree with making Burst skill related trait triggers consistent across all Burst skills. Please also look at Longbow Burst doing effectively the same thing. Thenafter hopefully assess why Warrior uniquely has strict guidelines on being straightforward to counterplay on key aspects of the class' gameplan such as sustain when other classes have uninteractive sustain that just works™. Note that this has likely unintended effects on PvE builds that require sustain without necessarily having things to hit, such as Hand Kiting on Deimos. 

Bladesworn

• Swift Cut: This skill now fires an additional projectile after the melee slash. Enemies hit by the melee attack take reduced damage from the projectile.
  • Steel Divide: This skill now fires an additional projectile after the melee slash. Enemies hit by the melee attack take reduced damage from the projectile.
  • Explosive Thrust: The secondary explosion portion of this skill is now a ranged attack. Enemies hit by the melee attack take reduced damage from the projectile.
  • Blooming Fire: This skill no longer causes explosions along the length of your strike. Instead, this skill now launches a projectile at your target, shattering on contact and causing multiple explosions.
  • Artillery Slash: This skill now consumes all ammo when used, gaining bonus damage and different effects based on the amount of ammo consumed.
  • Cyclone Trigger: This skill now applies aegis to the caster in addition to its other effects. This skill now blocks missiles as soon as it is activated. The total duration of the block remains the same.
    • QOL on Gunsaber is greatly appreciated. While I think that it's correct to identify that Bladesworn has issues when range is required, I think the root cause is unaddressed: Every Power Warrior build seriously suffers when needing to range because the Core Warrior ranged Power weapon (Rifle) is so awful it sees close to zero play. This weapon is in desperate need of a remake on the same level as the one Engi Rifle received not too long ago. Power Spellbreaker and Berserker are as equally screwed as Bladesworn when Ankka spawns quaggans or uses her vacuum death zone attack. 

Reaction to what was expected in the patch but wasn't:

Core:

• Shield Cooldowns reduced to compensate for the removal of Shield Master's Cooldown reduction effect. This was done for almost every other trait with CDR removed. Please be consistent.
  • Some kind of Warrior Rifle buff following Engi Rifle's amazing example - I have a thread of suggested changes here

Berserker:

• Actual DPS buffs like mentioned before.
  • Reverting the Wild Blow change which removed a tool from Warrior's already lacking toolbox (long distance knockback) to create a skill that is worse than Bull's Charge to perpetuate Berserker's ill-planned rage-extension mechanic designed to lock utility slots from taking old pre-rework-Banners which no longer exist.

Spellbreaker:

• Spellbreaker DPS hovers around 40k and was not nerfed. All 3 Warrior Elite Specs are in direct competition with each other in every role the class can play - Bladesworn has to jump through many usability hoops. Both Bladesworn and Berserker are almost forced to lock their entire utility slot + elite bar to specific skills to achieve their DPS for Flow/Slash reset/Rage extension. Spellbreaker meanwhile flexes all over both other specs while being an extremely defensive build with tons of QOL and inbuilt sustain in the Defense traitline.  

Bladesworn:

• Doing something about Bladesworn's completely locked 3x utility + elite slots, which are mandatorily exactly [Flow Stabilizer][Overcharged Cartridges][Dragonspike Mine][Tactical Reload] to perform it's function as a DPS build. No other class/spec has their FLEXIBILITY neutered this badly. The buffed [Electric Fence] is a decent skill with projectile destruction previously completely inaccessible to Warrior yet sees close to ZERO play because the opportunity cost for Bladesworn to take this is ridiculously high

Hopes for Future patches:

• An assessment of all the Boon builds that require you to spam utility skills off CD to upkeep (Quickness/Alac).
    • Currently playing Quickness Banner Warrior means you are spamming 2-3x Banners off CD to upkeep quickness, meaning their effects are irrelevant because you can't time their casts. Regardless of how strong (Tactics, Defense) or weak (Strength, Discipline) they are.
  • Some kind of groundwork laid out in preparation for a future Support Warrior Elite Spec with the next expansion.
    • Assessing why the Warhorn boon support traits are competing with Healing support traits in Tactics when modern healers are expected to do both
    • Assessing if Vigorous Shouts is a healthy way for Heal Warrior to provide healing when it locks down your utility slots which are intended to provide flexibility, for reactive healing which is antisynergy with all of the proactive Shout effects.
    • Moving some support traits into Discipline so it's a good "Third traitline" for a support build, with a focus on using burst skills to deliver support. 
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Engineer feedback:

Overall the polished animation of pistol is good news, but offhand pistol needs a utility improvement in pvp/wvw as it will always be outshined by shield in most situations, making it the preferred and only viable offhand.

Rapid regeneration coming back is awesome, i really look forward to play around it, some slight change of the superspeed distribution amongst the skill would be better. at the moment he have too long of a duration on heal and tool 1 and basically nonexistent superspeed on gyros. maybe tuning down heal and tool 1 and bumping up the gyro superspeed trait would be an overall improvement.

Holo is pretty much in an ok state at the moment so i agree on keeping it as it is for the moment and see how he fits in the new meta after balance. the only note on this is that i feel like power holo requires to have the explosive line to be effective in pvp/wvw. maybe a slight tuning of some abilities could solve the problem.

The mechanical Genius duration was fine as it was in pvp/wvw, really. maybe you could extend it to 8 sec but no further, realistically a player that know what he's doing will always be able to manage the trait effectively, even at 6 seconds, 10 second makes it too easy in my opinion. the reduced range on the mech auto is good too, it makes kiting the mech worth doing, before players couldn't get out of range in time

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Regarding Mantra changes, particularly for Firebrand: I want to front-load this post with suggestions in case people don't want to read the wall of text. 

One of these things might fix what was broken with Firebrand mantras prior to May 2021:

• Develop a block / override system to prevent a player from accidentally consuming the last mantra charge in combat
  • (OR) Reduce mantra preparation cast time by 75% (or some reasonable value)
  • (OR) Allow other skill use during preparation cast
  • (OR) Apply some relevant boons or conditions during preparation cast

I really hope that Anet has a complete understanding of why those of us who Quickbrand and Healbrand conserved that last mantra use before the May 2021 update. That update fixed an actual gameplay defect for some of us.

Prior to May 2021, the process of getting mantras ready during combat required anywhere from two and a half to to thirteen seconds of downtime. The downtime depended on the number of mantras on the bar but make no mistake: one ill-timed finger roll could wipe them all out. Getting them back online meant that everything else pretty much had to stop at some point.

I cannot overstate how frustrating this was. When we committed a rotation error and unintentionally burned the last charge, the interruptions in the near future could be really substantial. I compensated by spending a lot of time staring at my skill bar instead of the actual fight. I played the UI instead of the actual game. I like this game but that part could have been a lot better.

Then the May 2021 update happened. It gave cover to my inability to adequately track the charge count.

It was absolutely liberating.

Suffice it to say, reinstating the old way makes me very nervous. What I've heard and read so far suggest that Anet may not adequately understand the underlying issue that existed before mantras were revised a year and a half ago. Improving the effects on final use and auto-preparation out of combat both sound nice but they don't fix what I believe was actually broken.

Thanks for considering.

Edited by Kate Soulguard.7132
  • Like 4

Looking foward to the reaper PvP shout buffs.

I'm really concerned for the quality of life of my sPvP Herald though with that Resilient Spirit nerf aimed at vindi, please reconsider. I'm not sure the tree is going to be viable alongside other options anymore, thanks.

You could always put 1k damage onto the herald true nature consume as it is lackluster for sPvP and herald is supposed to be the facet specialization. The herald unique facet consume isn't viable over the others basically ever in sPvP.

Also you removed quickness which is 50% so you slashed the spec by 33% which is huge and must have been added because of the facets being prone to chain stun locks, perhaps giving herald some love with reduced activation time on some of them.

Thanks, keep up the good work.

Edited by Phaeton.2961
  • Like 1

Elementalist:

* You forgot cantrips reduction in WvW.

* you nerfed scepter in WvW because of pvp and now the other good roamer builds are better because they didn't receive any nerfs.

* buff lightning flash in WvW

- give it 1200 range or

- give it reduced cool down or

- give it stun break again or

- give it its damage back or

- give it 2 ammo

Willbender:

* buffs to willbender in WvW? It is the strongest roaming build in WvW and you even buff them.

They needed (minior) nerfs to their mobility and not buffs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hello. 

I have been playing  hammer  willbender in wvw  for a while now, and is really fun, now with this  changes it seems it will be  even better!, just my 2 cents  here, think hammer skill 5 Ring of warding,  could use   tiny tweak,  that is been able to be cast while moving, specially in wvw.  Currently if you start casting it, need to stop, cast and continue,  don't think this will change anything  mayor, and it can be a nice  quality of life upgrade. 

• Confused 1

I am quite happy with this patch-preview. It has a lot of cool stuff and improvements. They focus on both core & elite specializations and consider undoing former design changes. Sure there are some questionable decisions and certain builds will be significantly less powerful after that patch. But I rather see the number of viable builds increasing.

From an Engineer main (~ 10 years) perspective, I'm really looking forward to those pistol overhauls. They may not look like much, but Fragmentation Shot alone is a huge improvement. RR finally gives the support Scrappers a viable alternative to Object in Motion. I just hope it still works with MDF. If that is the case, the heal-output will get a massive boost.

On the other hand, I highly appreciate the Guardian Hammer buff. I fear the auto-attack enhancement will be a little too less, but I hope they are willing to do re-adjustments once the patch is live and we provide some feedback.

Looking forward to the patch and testing the changes.

• Like 2

Ranger feedback:

(PVP, WVW, PVE) Please clarify if sharpening stone is also going to have a reduced cool down in-line with other survival skills as this will impact condition builds. 

(Druid PVP) Please look into reducing the cool down for entering into CA as it is still at 20 seconds. 

(Druid staff) Please look at solar beam (skill 1)  to buff via stacks of burning  and vine surge (skill 4) to make it less clunky. 

(Druid CA) Please look at skill 5, either remove the stationary aspect, or give it faster cast time. 

(Ranger pets) Iboga pet still having issues with F2.

Edited by Arrow Blade of El Elyon.9341

Hello, 
I have 21,932 hours of games, 
I deeply love necro since the beginning of the game, 
And yet I play all exepter my necro  ( Mr broken fb in all jobs needed in hl content , rev , ect ) 

I have a coherent proposal for the reaper pve 

You could remove the second bar of hp, exactly like the hardbringer 
This would justify getting more damage,
In this sense, a reworkd you trait * soul eater* would be possible, by removing the 10% of damage sup, replace by either boon on use of spells, or barrier or heal or reduction of damage ect

And on the same column, the trait *decimate defense* could obtain him in more of its current effect, 0.5 % of damages / stack of vulnerability is in total 12.5 % of damages 

The reaper would have an increase of dps, it would not have any more second bar of pv of which will not be able to face tank all the damage undergone, that could really be interesting not? 

In the same oder of idea, 
Why not to pass the barrier of the scourge to 5 only and to give him possibility to give alacrity and might ?
With this a rework of blood magic of one of the trait would be removed to put a part of the care of life siphon retransmitted to the ally? yes the dagger would be useful in necro without being totally Broken 

Another subject , 

Content fract,
do you see a lot of very high lvl fractal or to break records the necro option is considered ? when I go to see the runs of discretize I had to see 2 run with a necro on 3 years of video but, necro is good on low intensity groups or the very opti is not search that's all , 

Strikes, at least no jealousy if you don't play by virtuoso you are considered as bad dps, even if most of your logs prove that you destroy your class benchmark

raids, yes, the necro can more easily make a place, but in dps, and still, because currently the quick fb bench stronger than the reaper and almost as much as a scrg, except that it will bring a large amount of boon and not with a rotation harder to do, 
Otherwise you can say, yes but typot he plays hsg and carry squad, 

Yes, the hsg has a very high carrying potential, except that it is useful only for groups that are, my excuse,  very bad , 

Apart from that, it won't bring anything really useful to more option compo like heal advantage worthy of this name, ( oops I forgot we can heal 50 - 250 / second on 10 sec with the warhorn yuhuuu ) 

Wvw, yes the necro is very strong in pvp, but it is not necessary to allot him the title of broken for as much, I see elem and bender to make of the 1vs 10, to kill two person, and to leave has 1000 range without any problems, but, necro need nerf, 

at the moment, either I solo all the content in necro to say to play it, or I spam it in wvw or pvp, it's good thanks to the fun anet,

Dear dev of anet, since it seemed that you decided that one or two specials would be enough to make all the contents of the game, what would you say to remove all in pve? and in this sense you keep only the guard hfb heal quick, virtuoso dps and alac spectrum? yuhuuuu

10 000 of the game ? what did you do on the edge of the mists ? did you pick up cauliflower in pve ? 
I want to hear that you lack of means, but some decision is only a deep lack of knowledge of the game on all these aspects 

This patch and many others, are just a joke, the metha pve will remain exactly the same you do not want to make effort, be assume and announce clearly that some special will be wors in pve because we do not want to work and that's all, stop making hype for the community to be disappointed after 

Dear commu, can you stop mixing the facts of a content intermediary and hl? the application and mentality have strictly nothing to do, if you do not have full experience your opinion will be biased and you will communicate wrong information, 

thanks for who have motivation read my blabla ,  have fun ! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Another thing I don't understand: Quickening Zephyr having different cooldowns in PVP/WVW and PVE, both of which are over 30 seconds,  that are literally within three seconds of each other. That to me looks like just complication for the sake of complication. Give all the modes the same timer and be done with it.

• Burning Speed: This skill will now stop moving when it reaches the targeted enemy if one exists.
  • Earthen Rush: This skill will now stop moving when it reaches the targeted enemy if one exists.

Please don't change the behavior of these skills, I very much enjoy rushing through/past my target to impale or burn them, evading attacks at the same time on occasion.