What's each city's Hotspot gathering location where people collect to show off skins and play around ?

I was interested in going to cities I don't often hang out in. This made me think about how some cities have a gathering spot where people show off their skins and joke around and stuff like that. In Divinity Reach, this is the area in front of the bank and trading post. This been my go to place in terms of city usage.

I don't really rally in any of the other cities all that much other than for festivals.  

What's each of the cities popular gathering spot where players joke around and show off skins?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

In the Black Citadel, it seems to be the Canton Factorium - the bank/crafting area.

Rata Sum, the Interdisciplinary Accessium (the plaza in the center with the bank/trading post).

Divinity's Reach and Lion's Arch have been mentioned already, and the Grove and Hoelbrak don't really seem to have spots like that. Even the Rata Sum and Black Citadel areas above are far quieter compared to Divinity's Reach.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Minister's waypoint specifically: for Divinities' Reach.  People are always walking back and forth between the bank and the trading post.  Easy to show off your new look to countless strangers. The location has good exposure and good lighting.  I am not really sure about what time of day though.  Time zones and such.

Edited by Zebulous.2934
  • Like 1

I think in every city it's the area around the bank and Trading Post, but some are more popular than others. Lion's Arch and Divinity's Reach seem to be the most popular for this.

Rata Sum is popular, but mainly for practical purposes because all the key services are in a small area, but that also means it's not ideal for showing off (especially big things like mounts) because it can get crowded and most people are likely to be focused on what they're doing.

Hoelbrak is kind of annoying because the bank and TP are on opposite sides of the Great Lodge and there's a fenced off empty area in between, so you have to either fly over it or go around.

The Black Citadel and the Grove are fine, but often less populated unless there's something going on to give players a special reason to go there, probably because fewer people make charr and sylvari characters.

For what it's worth if I wanted to find someone using a new skin or gem store item I'd go to Lion's Arch and look around the bank and the area between the fountains.

• Like 2

Rata Sum: Right around the bank.  When SAB is about, it's next to the box.
Hoelbrak: LoL (Personally never seen more than 30 people gathered in Hoelbrak consistently)
Grove: Between the bank and Trading Post
Black Citadel: Usually in a line outside the bank.
Divinity's Reach: Rurikton District (Personally would avoid this spot unless you enjoy twitter-tier RP) or Ministers Waypoint.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, patton the great.7126 said:

Stone mist castle, near the mystic forge. All the chicks be going hella base for my fashion...

Continuing this WvW theme.

"You can show off your awesome skins and bright lights at any WvW camp.  Just stand in the center and the gawkers will come to idolize your fashion."

- Definitely not a Deadey or Catalyst

Edited by Rogue.8235
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Justforvisit.3709 said:

30?! kitten, the cities infrastructure must've been near collapse with so many people 😄

I'd say we're lucky when there are even like....5?

Went to check and I have to admit... what you're saying here has nothing to do with reality. 😅

• Confused 1