Jade Tech Waypoint [Discussion]

Kairi.2894

Does anybody else feel like this mastery is a bit off?

Truthfully when I first heard about it I was very excited... Right up until the moment I unlocked it.

The Jade Tech Waypoint will:

1. Disappear if you change maps

2. Disappear if you change characters

3. Have a 10 minute cooldown on recasting it.

All of the above summed up essentiallly makes the mastery useless, aside from a few very niche 'strategies', or just for Roleplay purposes.

I would suggest to at least let us teleport to it from outside of the map it is placed in, even if it's only one time then disappears.

At least then I would be able to utilize it for jumping quickly to another map to grab something and right back to where I was.

Idk, maybe I'm just being picky, but I haven't found a single good use for this mastery since the launch of EoD.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

I think the main purpose of it is to be used with metas/world bosses, to give you a chance to ress at your personal waypoint when you inadvertantly die, without having to travel back from a general waypoint to the fight.

And with the full mastery of Jade bots, you get assistance in getting back up which generally works even when you take a fair amount of damage.

So essentially you get two extra resses in PvE from the jade bot mastery line.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

yea, most of the mysteries since PoF have been extremely gimmicky. Even most of the IBS stuff has 0 use outside of those maps.

The only EoD Masteries that have any actual use outside of those maps are the rescue stuff, ExP Buff and the turtle.

Maaaaaybe the skiff if you're hardcore into fishing or RP

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

I don't think "it's off" and it's far from useless.

3 hours ago, Kairi.2894 said:

I would suggest to at least let us teleport to it from outside of the map it is placed in, even if it's only one time then disappears.

At least then I would be able to utilize it for jumping quickly to another map to grab something and right back to where I was.

Feels like this is the reason there are those restrictions you're complaining about put on it in the first place. So you can't keep reloging characters, set up their wps and then keep jumping between events/metas to tag and loot them in quick succession. Seems its purpose is to have an emergency wp instead of a tool to abuse the reward system. Makes sense to me.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Kairi.2894 said:

Does anybody else feel like this mastery is a bit off?...Idk, maybe I'm just being picky, but I haven't found a single good use for this mastery since the launch of EoD.

4 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

I think the main purpose of it is to be used with metas/world bosses, to give you a chance to ress at your personal waypoint when you inadvertantly die, without having to travel back from a general waypoint to the fight...

While I can't speak for anyone else, I can say I use the Jade Tech waypoint every day. Gehenna has the right of it. These days I'm working on legendaries that need provisioner tokens so I'm farming the Matriarch in Verdant Brink and the Chak Gerent in Tangled Depths on a daily basis for a couple of the currencies needed to buy those tokens. I set a personal waypoint before each battle in case I get wiped. Granted, it doesn't happen often these days given the general power creep, but it does happen and having the wp there saves me from using a revive orb.

• Like 2

As mentioned before there are enough uses, I use it:

- Meta's to have a nearby extra respawn just in case
- Map Completion, specially Dragon Stand, it is tedious to get up high, fly over to tower Poi and hero and do it all over again for 2 more, this takes away 1 of the 2. 
- Help people to get where they have trouble going. Yes even Jump Puzzles: Put personal waypoint at the end - go pick up player in need with turtle, teleport to personal waypoint. Yes works in no mount zones, you are both Dismounted after you already arrive there.

Hardly useless in my eyes.

The main issue though, is that a lot of the later masteries feel less impactful than HoT and PoF ones, but that was to be expected. The best things are already released. I still think they did a decent job. And it is not as if any previous masteries aren't useless now either. I mean Oakheart Essence anyone?

• Like 5

It would have been an amazing thing for Griffon riders if you could use it more than once.

I find it too restricted to have much use.

I'm just not in the situation very often where I have a high likelihood of being downed, know ahead of time, and don't have a waypoint already nearby.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

I think they could've announced it much better with details so we didn't all dream up what we thought it would be.

I too was excited until I got it. I've used it a couple times as a "just in case", but usually I forget and it hasn't been that big a deal. I mean, we used to not have this feature so... having it and forgetting it isn't worse than pre-EOD. 🙂

I think I was disappointed because of how I'd built it up in my head. I thought it was going to be a personal waypoint I could set anywhere I could go in the open world and plop it down -- and then I could use it over and over for free for forever, maybe with a small delay in reuse (the 10 mins isn't all that bad). I wasn't sure how'd they'd restrict moving it, but figured it'd be a time delay, maybe even just once a reset. I also assumed it'd be account-wide, one personal waypoint for all characters, which would be restrictive in one sense but a bene in another (set waypoint on map-complete char, switch to new char and tp). I was so excited to have my own personal "home point" to jump to (I'm into the Grove right now, so atm that's "home") that I could move in the future as my interests change.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Related question....can you use the personal waypoint with the turtle mount to get other players to a specific location? I know I've used the turtle to get party members across maps using normal waypoints.

Just didn't think about how it interacts with the personal one until now. And I'm at work so I can't check it myself.

Personal waypoint is one of the best masteries for map completions - just put one on a hill... and here you have it, an extra chance for long map-long gryphon flight opening all the PoI's/waypoints 🙂 

I use it every day, love it. (Ofc glide boost is the most useful EoD mastery, but thats another topic...)

Edited by Debesyla.7102
  • Like 2

Don't forget it has upgrade chips that reduce self-rez CD along with materials salvaging, junk conversion, and mount boosts. These overall are good bonus to me, and not as useless as you feel they're.

If you wish to grab something quick then get back right where you were, having a guild is your best bet, you can just press G then guild hall, grab whatever you needed, press guild hall again, and you're back to where you were.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlenaVolkova.8179 said:

Don't forget it has upgrade chips that reduce self-rez CD along with materials salvaging, junk conversion, and mount boosts. These overall are good bonus to me, and not as useless as you feel they're.

I think misunderstood the topic; it's just about the personal waypoint part, not all the jade bot stuff in its entirety. As Debesyla.7102 mentioned, the glide boost alone makes the jade bot worthwhile -- I miss it everytime I switch to an alt and realize its character bound -- or switch to a lower level alt where it isn't even available.

3 hours ago, araiya.5160 said:

I think misunderstood the topic; it's just about the personal waypoint part, not all the jade bot stuff in its entirety. As Debesyla.7102 mentioned, the glide boost alone makes the jade bot worthwhile -- I miss it everytime I switch to an alt and realize its character bound -- or switch to a lower level alt where it isn't even available.

Ah, my mistake, I do hope they can consider adding waypoint CD reduction services chips in the future.

While I think sharing the Jadebot WP between characters would be problematic, like what if other characters do not have a jade bot core yet, can they even still use the WP? 

Edited by AlenaVolkova.8179
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, AlenaVolkova.8179 said:

Ah, my mistake, I do hope they can consider adding waypoint CD reduction services chips in the future.

While I think sharing the Jadebot WP between characters would be problematic, like what if other characters do not have a jade bot core yet, can they even still use the WP? 

No they can not.