How do we feel about Catalyst?

Sahne.6950

The band wagon scrapper build is a glass cannon.  1 stun break, minimal condi removal, possibly one stab source.   I think once it gets adjusted to it won't have a place.   I see a lot of people playing it as a meme build bursting from stealth and then trying to run away if that doesn't work.

Edited by shion.2084
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, shion.2084 said:

The band wagon scrapper build is a glass cannon.  1 stun break, minimal condi removal, possibly one stab source.   I think once it gets adjusted to it won't have a place.   I see a lot of people playing it as a meme build bursting from stealth and then trying to run away if that doesn't work.

The build blindside was running looked better. Can’t quite recall but I know he used tools and had rocket boots and grenades.

Played some more unranked over the past few days.  I'm convinced that Catalyst has been slightly toned down perhaps (I live a bit longer) but I'm not going to be beating the better payers any time soon.  Its still going to be top tier is my prediction (based on how it interacts with my class).    There may be more room for a few other elites/classes to squeeze in to being viable for try hard top tier play.

Anyone else got a feel for it yet?

• Like 1

On 2/21/2023 at 4:18 PM, shion.2084 said:

That works great tho

• 2 weeks later...

Problem with cata here, he's still able to do everything, he's a very good at dueling, exellent roamer cause perma super speed+ tp, and monstruous absolute godlike teamfighter ...

He can perma might his allys, give theim prot, quickness, blocking, reflecting proj, invu, plus projectil denial aoe, all that resetable with elite, he has the best stun in the game (gale), the best dps skill in the game (hello dragon tooth) on a 8sec cd, also resetable with elite. He can 100-0 you by just running and pressing w, spamming his thing without even facing you .
Even after the nerf, he just mooved to the most over powered cheated build in guild wars history to S+++ tier . It's still a godlike spec, proof me wrong.

And tempest on the other side, is just the best support in the game right now, stone hearth make him almost immortal against every power build, and negate every ranged based build in the game making theim absolutly useless and unplayable.

Stone heart absolutly needs an icd, like 10sec or 9sec max, or even beter, just delete this kitten hardcarrier-noob skill from this game plz .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I think others have already suggested this but Stoneheart should just be "Gain immunity to critical hits for X seconds after attuning to earth". Ill leave it up to the actual balance people to decide on suitable value for X. The trait just goes against the whole concept of the ele spec mechanic of attunement swapping by encouraging staying in earth for extended periods. (It is fine to have small permanent buffs while in an attunement like the 150 power from fire traitline or the 7% damage reduction in earth)

• Like 3

On 2/22/2023 at 9:36 PM, Saiyan.1704 said:

As a trash WB I've been farming Tempest Ele.. but hammer cata goes brrr, so does war.

There's room for a +1 support now such as core bunker Guard alongside supp Ele. Two supports means you can run 3 glass bruisers if you wanted to.

genuine question.
what the kitten is glass bruiser ?

2 hours ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

genuine question.
what the kitten is glass bruiser ?

Something that can give a lot of damage but can't really take a lot of damage. Scrapper and zerk wb can be considered a glass bruiser while spellbreaker/hammer cata are bruisers....

This is just 1 out of 300 random terms i made up in my head. Hey you asked.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1