More shared inventory and material storage?

Nimafor.1756

So how long do you think we will have to wait for them to increase the limit?

I'm surprised they haven't already, because it should be such an easy income option for them.

Or is it how the game is coded that it put too much strain on the servers?

I need more hoarder space 😁

Edited by Nimafor.1756
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Server space might be an issue, I don't think Anet have commented on it but apparently that's why Elder Scrolls Online is reluctant to give people more bank and inventory space and has instead been adding systems like GW2's wardrobe so players don't have to keep as many items.

But there might be other factors as well. I suspect it's not good for the economy if players can hold onto everything instead of selling it (or salvaging it and selling the materials), and I know some people have said they returned to the game and the sheer amount of stuff in their bank and inventories almost made them quit again because they thought they'd have to sort it out before doing anything and didn't know where to start.

Edit: This might be specific to me but if they add more shared inventory slots I want the total to be a multiple of 5. I have my inventory sized to a 5x5 grid above the chat box (so I can open it while doing other things without it taking up too much space) and when I finally got a complete row of shared inventory slots I wanted to keep it that way. There's 2 or 3 more I could buy, but I don't want to, partially because it would make the bottom row uneven and partially because they're quite expensive so I buy them in packs of 5 when they're discounted to get the best value.

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 4

46 minutes ago, gkoogz.3089 said:

You can buy +250 material storage for 800 gems and shared slots can also be purchased with gems.

Questions?

I think they are asking about increasing the current max.  Current max is 2500 storage and  shared is 28.

To OP. I would love to see this increase.  imo shared slots  should at  least be equal to the largest bag  size of 32. I would love to see them increase the max character slots per account as well.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, gkoogz.3089 said:

You can buy +250 material storage for 800 gems and shared slots can also be purchased with gems.

Questions?

I am already at the 2500 material storage limit and 28 shared slots limit.

What i am asking for is a cap increase for those of us who want to spend more gems to increase it further.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

When you’ve hit that much, why not do your crafting or trading?

Im genuinely curious. I can’t see the advantage of sitting on that much of a given mat.

I have the max storage, and basically use it to stockpile lesser used things over time (food ingredients and t1-5 mats) and speed farm other mats for refinement. It comes in really handy when I want to mass craft for research notes, Legendary components, or other things that need large quantities of materials.

It also saves some bank space on the living world currencies, and ensures I’ll still have plenty of those if needed. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Im genuinely curious. I can’t see the advantage of sitting on that much of a given mat.

Saving: Because some players may collect for a long time, tossing materials in storage then craft later when they need it without having to buy much extra from TP. Sure, you can avoid this by selling mats to TP when you get them and buying when you actually need them. Advantage is that you keep everything in liquid gold and need less storage but disadvantage is the TP fees when selling and buying items, this can be quite significant.

Trading: Buy stacks when it is cheap, sell when it is expensive.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 7 months later...
17 minutes ago, TheNurgle.4825 said:

Can we get materal storage increase to like 10k or 20k? Should not be hard to increase it and sell Storage expanders.

They could raise it a little more but at a certain point of raising it too much, they might cut in to their other QoL storage shop items like bag expansions or character slots and so on.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 2/24/2023 at 9:38 PM, Gibson.4036 said:

With the introduction of crafting of Motivation I have noticed that my 2500 stock pile isn't much to craft both common, uncommon and rare motivation as you need 25 Vial of Potent Blood for Rare motivation and 25 Essence of Greed. For uncommon motivation 25 Large Claw and 25 Essence of Despair and for common motivation you will need 5 Large Bone, 5 Globe of Ectoplasm and 5 Pile of Incandescent Dust which fast adds up you use both common as base for uncommon and for getting more out of tier 1 Rifts.

Crafting Rare which need Uncommon and Common (as it is part of Uncommon recipes) make this chain of mats rather fast to grow the need for more material space.

The only way to mitigate this would to decrease the cost in mats for Rare and Uncommon Motivation (as it is 5 times higher then for Common Motivation).

21 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

2500 size requires at least 12 bits. The same amount as 4k size would require (12^2 is 4096). So, there's still a lot of space to use.

I'm definitely no database expert!  Is this considering just one player account?  What if this is spread across all accounts?  Does it also consider everything else that's stored in the database across all accounts as well?   At what point would the integrity begin to degrade and database performance suffer?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, kharmin.7683 said:

I'm definitely no database expert!  Is this considering just one player account?  What if this is spread across all accounts?  Does it also consider everything else that's stored in the database across all accounts as well?   At what point would the integrity begin to degrade and database performance suffer?

At no point between 2.5k to 4k at least. Both numbers are stored exactly the same way and require exactly the same database space.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

On 2/24/2023 at 5:41 AM, Daniyyel.3428 said:

Current max is 2500 storage and  shared is 28.

Btw. Current max for shared inventory is 29 but only reachable to those that bought HoT and PoF as 2 separate packages, in fact max buy is 25 and there was an additional one in every of the 4 expansion packages. I wonder what’s with those that bough all 3 dragon expansion together, only 27 for them?

Edited by Dayra.7405
  • Confused 1