Tempest annoying to play against.

DanSH.6143

The amount of CC and sustain it has is just a bit much in my opinion, can't think of a weakness it has.

Immunity to crits, decent condi removal, ok damage for support/bunker, projectile hate, spammable auras/chills/cripple/daze. It's just too much imo.

Not sure what nerf it deserves, but just the fact that it's a nightmare to play against one is a reason enough to nerf it, just like Trapper runes were nerfed because stealth on DH was annoying even though it was a B tier spec.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Eddie.9143 said:

Boon removal and condi spells are a joke in this meta it's crazy, everything vomits boons and condi removal. Kinda crazy how it crept up 

I'd say so but for tempest specifically if you can have a decent output and interrupt their overload, they run out of options pretty fast.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

No one does this but hybrid (power & condi) builds burn through tempests too. It'll take a little longer than a direct counter, but its a guaranteed kill. 

Burst them with power to scare a tempest into earth. Then splash them with condi. They'll start using utilities to survive. Rinse and repeat as their CD's all dwindle away

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

What utilityskilly should i drop for it?

Link me your build please.

I already told you in the other thread.

Another viable choice is use the cantrip heal that pulses condi cleanse. It isn't that much loss of party heal and it's only a 15s CD.

Just because it's listed as meta doesn't mean it's the end all be all. It just means it's the preference of one of the few arenanet partnere streamers whom they base those listings on. That isn't very many people testing things tbh.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

I already told you in the other thread.

sorry i cant find it. All i am seeing is big, biased and hyperboled textwalls.

Link the Tempest build which can stand its ground against power and conditiondamage alike.   While still retaining all the supportive capabilitys that you are talking about.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3

Just now, Sahne.6950 said:

sorry i cant find it. All i am seeing is big, biased and hyperboled textwalls.

Link the Tempest build which can stand its ground against power and conditiondamage alike.   While still retaining all the supportive capabilitys that you are talking about.

Shane, go read the thread like you do any other time.

I'm not going to allow you to "hyperbole" an argument here in this thread over a single utility change from the meta listing.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Go read the thread, it's already explained in a single paragraph encompassing about 3 sentences.

i read it. But i cant make out a clear build here.

can you please just link it? So i know what your talking about here.  http://en.gw2skills.net/

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

It might be the same case as DH was, a ranked carry

A class with decent mobility and spike dmg, but dies to coordinated bursts, which you dont see in ranked

That’s it, I’m going to get me, alien, cui lan,newton, and Ambi seems to be running it….. we’re just going to have to win next months with 5 scrappers.   We’ll call ourselves the penta-bombers 😉

Edited by shion.2084