AFk'ers in Ranked

August.5934

What to do?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• If a 4 team member report on AFK player then the afk'er will be kicked out and the match will be paused until all team have 5 players/team (scores points will be paused and players position will be saved)
    • Wait what? I am a AFK'er so i rather keep AFK'ing cause m a nice donkey :)
    • No save zone! All players will be spawned at a location where enemies can easily kill them but make is so that when you are spawned, you are invincible & invisible for 5secs - 10secs. The one that dies 10times without slaying a single enemy will be kicked and be rewarded 10% of losing team rewards.
    • Good deeds equals good money! A system where players will be rewarded according to the number of enemies they slay and the number of capture point they earn for the team. All team members will earn 10% of the capture points you earn.
    • Let Anet come up with the solution...

idk what to say or do with this donkies on Arenas who AFK's in ranked and let the team get butchered.

I am there to win and climb rank and because of this donkies i can't climb up the ranks. It's just too frustrating.

This happens ALOT in ranked 5v5.

because of one person selfish deed everyone sufferes and makes the gaming too stressful.

What can be done to solve this issue?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Khalgir.3862 said:

Well, once the matchmaking will start giving me teams where I do not end up doing 35% team damage while playing with my toes, then I will stop being afk. 

You silly donkey, making other's gaming experiance bad just cause u can't enjoy. 😄

Edited by August.5934
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

I mean, the only solution is to actively punish them via suspensions/bans.

Like, letting the team vote is a horrible, horrible idea. You're just asking for it to be abused.
Punishing people for being bad and not getting kills isn't a good idea either. You don't deserve to be slapped just because you suck, even if it is frustrating for your team. Not to mention how exploitable that is for a team with the most minor of coordination.

Why not just y'know, actively put in the effort of monitoring reports? Trying to come up with some kind of game mechanic to do it for you is just asking for it to be avoided in the least effort way possible.

There's a certain degree of people being scumbags that's unavoidable, but attempts to solve it don't need to be that complex.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Every time before the match starts, I'm telling my team that go AFK when it sucks and gets slaughtered like pigs. I'm here to win and climbing up the ladder. If my team sucks, this isn't possible. Then why should I even trying.

Edited by Roman.6930
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

The fact is there is a reason PVP AFK'er are called Donkeys of the Arena... Cause they got no brain and they are usaully all depressed. Because they lack any goodness in heart, their donkiness  takes over and they chew grass the whole time during match thinking they are better. lmao i bet this donkeys can't even 1v1 and keeps dying cause they can't play thier class properly outside of PVE 😂.

I had carried my teams many time. Even when our enemy had 450 points and we had 311 points. we didn't gave up and kept trying and we actually flipped the table at the end and won. That's what ranked is all about. There is always hope and we can always win. (expect for donkies in your party cause they being in your team means you already lost, some donkies even try to keep dying to give enemies faster points)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Cuks.8241 said:

No reward for losing, more reward for winning. Problem solved. 

Or the time spent at spawn counts as "out of arena time". You reach 20 sec out of arena you dont get any rewards. But this one is quite easily exploitable. 

No reward for losing seems like it would further encourage the prophets that give up at the beginning because they think they can predict a loss.

Reward close losses more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gibson.4036 said:

No reward for losing seems like it would further encourage the prophets that give up at the beginning because they think they can predict a loss.

The game was actually better when you lost pips for losing.

They should go back to that for the rewards.

No rewards plus lost progress on the pip chests.

Rewarding losers is and always has been a terrible idea.

It encourages nothing.

If players are driven away by this, it isn't the rewards, it is the game mode itself.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Crab Fear.8623 said:

The game was actually better when you lost pips for losing.

They should go back to that for the rewards.

No rewards plus lost progress on the pip chests.

Rewarding losers is and always has been a terrible idea.

It encourages nothing.

If players are driven away by this, it isn't the rewards, it is the game mode itself.

Don’t reward a big loss. Reward a close loss. Then you encourage continuing to fight until the end.

More fun.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Ohh this ppl are just too much to deal with. enemy 211, my team 83.... all knowing predicter... AFK's cause he thinks we already lost.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Cuks.8241 said:

No reward for losing, more reward for winning. Problem solved. 

i actually like this idea. This will truly force player to know their class better and to take the PVP seriously.

Losers not geting anyrewards but when they win, they should they 300% increased reward of current reward.

This will truly push ppl on edge but if they win even 1 game, all that stress would be worth having it.

None of these are good options.

Just prevent ladder loss, mitigate ladder loss, or add ladder progress for top scorers in the game. That will ensure that if one person decides to sabo by being petulant, the collateral damage they do is minimized because you can still go decap/defend/kill/heal people and potentially still get progress.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Anet have to FIX matchmaking, last 10+ matches or even more i got a very dominating enemy team (like it was a pre made team) OR real pvpers, while me a pve player and my team got totally destroyed. this feels bad to me. when in the first 2 minutes of play the enemy got so many points it feels unfair. and opponents always win. so then i just move a bit around the map and want the enemy win faster so i don't waste any more time in the trash battleground. if it's fair match then i fight for it. some teammates don't even revive when you lay near them, they just keep firing arrows. healers should have a special mark so the team knows it, revive a healer has better chances to win.

i already hate pvp, but sometimes i have no choice because the 3nd daily is not easy and so pvp dailys are often easy, get a reward, or kill 3 enemy's or whatever is better then get frustrated at a long jumping puzzle. (there should be more easy and fast to complete pve daily's. 

Not sure about the kick, some could abuse it, so maybe to activate it after a while during the match...it happened to me that my connection had some problem and I stay a bit longer in the loading screeen, when I arrived match was started like literally 3 second earlier and people were already "ahhh afk player!! ahhh call the poliiiice" blabla, so with the kick thing they would have kicked me right away.

But of course there is this problem, so a solution needs to be found.

I don't like the no reward thing too, punish everyone for one player is not fair and also some afkers are troll. Idk, for now I voted the third option, the no safe zone one.