Tired Of Being Pulled

Sparetent.9756

As the topic says, the "pulling" that everyone has access to is annoying as heck! I am honestly so fed up of trying to shoot someone, then suddenly being pulled down off the wall and getting ganked. I play a ranger, so I need line-of-sight to shoot, meaning you can shoot me back too! I'm not some cheating Engineer that shoots explosives over a wall and you CAN'T shoot back! -.-

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 12
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Sparetent.9756 said:

As the topic says, the "pulling" that everyone has access to is annoying as heck! I am honestly so fed up of trying to shoot someone, then suddenly being pulled down off the wall and getting ganked. I play a ranger, so I need line-of-sight to shoot, meaning you can shoot me back too! I'm not some cheating Engineer that shoots explosives over a wall and you CAN'T shoot back! -.-

Don't try anymore to shoot from the walls...let them in...find a safe spot and wait patiently at 1500 range for them to be too far from any ressing help...lock the target and down them...throw siege for more gusto...works like a charm for me...the rage I get it's real

Edited by Arheundel.6451
  • Haha 1

It's not just walls, it's everywhere. Sick of it myself. A few weeks back I got yanked from halfway between Spelden's and Anza to almost the beginning of the camp. Wtf man? Surely that DH has a range limit on his tether...

And yes, blah blah, stab this, blah blah firebrand that, blah blah play comped groups. Not every class has 1000 stunbreaks and access to reliable personal stability.

Don't even get me started on the no line of sight vomit pulls that go through solid objects. They know who they are.

Anyone defending this shite is likely the one enjoying abusing it. Pulls (and many other things) need toning down.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, MarzAttakz.9608 said:

It's not just walls, it's everywhere. Sick of it myself. A few weeks back I got yanked from halfway between Spelden's and Anza to almost the beginning of the camp. Wtf man? Surely that DH has a range limit on his tether...

And yes, blah blah, stab this, blah blah firebrand that, blah blah play comped groups. Not every class has 1000 stunbreaks and access to reliable personal stability.

Don't even get me started on the no line of sight vomit pulls that go through solid objects. They know who they are.

Anyone defending this shite is likely the one enjoying abusing it. Pulls (and many other things) need toning down.

Not just the impossible range they can pull without any regard to terrains or obstructions, it's common that you get pulled not just once but up to three times consecutively. Even if you break stun and try to superspeed out, two more pulls will follow up on you and tada you are in the middle of their squad with a thousand red circles of dead ☢ waiting for you.

Nerfs, nerfs, nerfs...

Edited by Min Min.9368
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Dolyak Stance
Stance. Enter a defensive stance and remove conditions that impede movement. Prevent application of such conditions while in this stance.

Dolyak Stance (6s): -33% Incoming Condition Damage, -33% Incoming Damage
Stability (6s): Cannot be knocked down, pushed back, pulled, launched, stunned, dazed, floated, sunk, feared, or taunted.
Immobile Condition Removed
Chilled Condition Removed
Crippled Condition Removed
Breaks Stun

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

In addition to what everyone else has been saying, as a ranger you have access to the only ranged AoE in the game that has absolutely no line-of-sight requirement: longbow 5 (Barrage).

If you mouse over them (including setting your camera to wacky settings to do so), you can hit them. Why is this the case? Who knows, but now you can safely pew pew from not just the top of the wall, but behind it as well.

• Like 3

Is this the follow up to your thread on being tired of getting 1-shot?

This is  a serious learn to play issue, especially on ranger/soulbeast.

You have personal stab. You have range. You even have short burst windows, meaning your exposure to enemy engegemant is low.

Sometimes there is no safe spot to wall pewpew, especially if the attackers have superior numbers and do a proper job of pressuring the walls. You really need to learn when that is the case. It's hilarious to see players (both as defender or when attacking) get pulled and usually this can get called early because some just love to play lemmings all day. One can immediately spot the difference between an experienced and inexperienced defender.

Also as a general rule for anyone scouting  walls as defender (aka you are standing slightly outside the enemies range but do not intend to engage because 1v50 makes no sense at that moment): get on your mount. There, infinite cc immunity.

Edited by Cyninja.2954

frankly, you should avoid being on top of the wall because that's the quickest way you'll get pulled off. and if you're gonna poke from people below, you absolutely need stability if you don't want to get pulled. sure, there's still a high chance your stability gets stripped or corrupted, but at least you have breathing room. also, sometimes it's better to leave the tower than to be yanked off because you can't hit enemies.  

On 3/22/2023 at 5:59 PM, Zyreva.1078 said:

Tower rangers are the main reason why pulls are great and should stay.

Engineer Profesion, Thief Profession, Necromancer Profession, Elemenatalist Profession and Mesmer Profesion are to be blamed. Pulling has been complained since day 1 of WvW. Anet solution; Ignore. 

There are hundred and hundreds of of posts including hard with evidences of players being thrown in the air, being thrown to the grown to instant death, being thrown around like a yo-yo, being pulled at 1200-1500 yards.

Truth is; Anet never care about WvW community especially knowinly through years of years of Toxic builds, Toxic mechanics, Toxic skills and Toxic gameplays that would cause long-lasting negative impact to all players alike.

edit(added Mesmer Profession)

The damage of ignoring WvW community concerns throughout the years are Unforgivable!!

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

Engineer Profesion, Thief Profession, Necromancer Profession, Elemenatalist Profession and Mesmer Profesion are to be blamed. Pulling has been complained since day 1 of WvW. Anet solution; Ignore. 

There are hundred and hundreds of of posts including hard with evidences of players being thrown in the air, being thrown to the grown to instant death, being thrown around like a yo-yo, being pulled at 1200-1500 yards.

Truth is; Anet never care about WvW community especially knowinly through years of years of Toxic builds, Toxic mechanics, Toxic skills and Toxic gameplays that would cause long-lasting negative impact to all players alike.

edit(added Mesmer Profession)

The damage of ignoring WvW community concerns throughout the years are Unforgivable!!

I don't get it.  Pull is a CC mechanic in the game as is float, sink, launch, and knockback.  What exactly are you expecting here?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 3/22/2023 at 6:16 PM, Arheundel.6451 said:

Don't try anymore to shoot from the walls...let them in...find a safe spot and wait patiently at 1500 range for them to be too far from any ressing help...lock the target and down them...throw siege for more gusto...works like a charm for me...the rage I get it's real

I forgot about Guardian Profession pulls. It has already been mentioned including with my own experiences that, pulls can extend beyond 1500 yards especially when with playing Ranger Profession.

When I am playing on my Ranger Profession with 1500 range, I am still being pulled. It is very Ludicrous and is beyond Disgusting to be in this game.

No wonder why in every other game I play, players are calling Guild Wars 2 a Clown-Fiesta Game. 

WvW has literally  turned into a circus jungle game mode 

It Is A Shame!!

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Asurastafarian.9708 said:

I'm fine with pulls except when I get pulled completely over the castle wall by a Mesmer yet I'm standing on the other side of the wall halfway down the stairs. While it is funny, it doesn't make sense.. But then again it may be unfair that I can use Barrage from said spot.

take a look at this video by a Thief Profession player; i believe pulling an enemy Profession player from the 3rd floor at SMC.

how is it possible that Thief Profession is able to pull beyond 1200 range from the 3 floor of SMC?

You are correct: pulls are being ranged on stairs and beyond the edge of the way. Many players including myself are being pulled at high grounds beyond 1200 range of sight and are being swung up the air like a yo-yo.

Anet has known about this since Guild Wars 2 release and does not give a kitten about the WvW community!!