Just took 29k burning dmg in 29 hits and died instantly

Deadmoose.6594

Did you screenshot your combat log? Im guessing its a fire condi zerker. If you stand in their torch ring youll def die though. Burning stacks ovetime and the damage increases per layer. Without cleansing it you would def drop dead. 

Edited by jdawgie.1835
  • Confused 1

Interesting you said 29 burn stacks, because I remember a battleground and I died too instantly from 29 fire burn stacks as combat log stated, but was from fury war after his last updates. I play for some years now and I expect bugs or exploits to happen and that is why I didn’t bother to screenshot.

Edited by Onlyflameone.2136
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Shagie.7612 said:

warrior isn't stacking burns that hard, that fast even if you sit in everything

burnguard's the only one who can do that

I look forward to your explanation of the series of skills a guardian would use to stack 29 burns "that hard, that fast" (i.e not racked up over time, which is the same qualifier you used for warrior, no special treatment).

Because the alternative would be that this is mis-information. You wouldn't be posting that, would you?

What's actually happening here is that OP is making the classic mistake of reading the DeathBreakdown tab like its actually what happened. Where Conditions are concerned, the Death Breakdown is basically a random assortment of numbers that dont' mean anything or have any connection to reality. The Combat Log is the only thing you can trust to tell you what happened. Th Combat Log and Death Breakdown are not the same thing. In all likelihood there never was any 29-stack of burning and the series of events that actually occurred are not how OP is describing them.

Edited by Ragnar.4257
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

48 minutes ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

Because the alternative would be that this is mis-information. You wouldn't be posting that, would you?

would it make you happier if i said "only one who could potentially approach those kinds of numbers" instead lol
whether or not it happened or he misread the combat log, and it probably is that, some form of guardian build is by far the hardest spiking burn stacker in the game (e: in pvp, anyways)

even in pve condi zerk doesn't reach that unless being fed by aurasharing

Edited by Shagie.7612
  • Like 2

It's one of those thread where it's important to quote Albert Einstein's Theory of relativity:

Relativity of simultaneity: Two events, simultaneous for one observer, may not be simultaneous for another observer if the observers are in relative motion.

• Haha 1

I'm smart, so here is what happened: Not what you've said.

Nothing in this game can hit you 29 times within a second. Also nothing in PvP can stack 29 burning on you. Even if you have full health and stand still, you'll die way before it gets so high. You most likely missed and misunderstood several things, but since you decided NOT to screenshot your death breakdown/combat log... who knows what actually happened.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The death recap literally said 29 stacks of burning and 29k dmg, no I didn't screenshot because I was in a hurry to get back into the fight. In game what happened was an enemy with a red aoe circle around themselves moved near me and I died literally instantly. There was no time to react, shield, dodge, anything.

• Like 1

Here is one of the most strongest burn condition build in the game. The build  is WvW version. 

(by the way) Guardian Profession is a support roles Profession. Guardian Profession Is Not A Condition Role Profession Therefore, Conditions Is To Be Removed From It!!

side note: 

The only Professions who should only have access to burn conditions are; Elementalist Profession, Engineer Profession, Warrior Profession(weapons) and Ranger Profession.

(Yes, the build is still viable)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

Here is one of the most strongest burn condition build in the game. The build  is WvW version. 

(by the way) Guardian Profession is a support roles Profession. Guardian Profession Is Not A Condition Role Profession Therefore, Conditions Is To Be Removed From It!!

side note: 

The only Professions who should only have access to burn conditions are; Elementalist Profession, Engineer Profession, Warrior Profession(weapons) and Ranger Profession.

(Yes, the build is still viable)

🤢

• Like 2

Permeating wrath trait. Applied an AoE burn per 3 strikes delivered. 1 AoE DOT on multiple enemies (especially when the damaged group brings NPCs such as pets or clones) has potential to mimic what you describe. So 1 strike from the damage over time area of effect red circle would hit multiple enemies and trigger the trait multiple times per second. Scepter 2 (symbol) hits 2 times per second for example. So each second of strikes from that symbol paired with the trait listed above would count towards applying multiple AoE burns. So in 4 seconds if 8 AoE strikes hit 5 targets on a point, then the area of effect burn applied to that area would equal 13 burns. Now if they put other symbols on top and you didn't notice, it increases further. If they used purging flames (utility skill), which hits 8 times AoE too and also causes another AoE burn per second (8 extra) then you and nearby allies would take 21 burns from a single AoE skill. Excuse the math, but as you see it is quite easy to quick stack huge burn damage as a guardian with little to no effort (depending on enemy skill, etc). 

Edited by Ixl Super Eu Ixl.3259

On 3/30/2023 at 5:12 AM, Deadmoose.6594 said:

The death recap literally said 29 stacks of burning and 29k dmg, no I didn't screenshot because I was in a hurry to get back into the fight. In game what happened was an enemy with a red aoe circle around themselves moved near me and I died literally instantly. There was no time to react, shield, dodge, anything.

its not 29 stacks bozo.
its 29 hits.
the way combat log shows conditions is kind of kitten, you could be sitting on 1 burn stack for 30s. take 29 ticks for 30k dmg total, while outhealing its damage, then get 1shot by a power skill for 15k, and on death recap you would be shown HURR DURR BURST 30k DMG 1shot LuLe.
I dont know HOW it happened exactly because you didnt provide any info, but thats how death recap works.
for exaply you could have 10 burn stacks and let them tick for 3s and it would be about 30 " hits " for 15k dmg.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2