SAB World 3!!

Saniyah.1984

It's pretty good, for a test.

Of course, I suppose those mobs are placeholders given they're monkeys / spiders / snakes with different health, otherwise not really fitting into the cave region.

Caves also seem a liiittle devoid of decorative stuff and a bit empty, but maybe caves are just gray.

I enjoy it really much. The music fits, the level style is great, I didn't see the low gravity underwater section coming.

Might need more hidden caves or falling stalactites. I tried that everywhere and never got anything in return for attempting those mechanics.

The breaking / disappearing platforms were something I've always missed in this retro-ish 3D platformer. Cool to have them here. It was kinda hard to figure out one is triggered by time and another by the crystal switch. Maybe wanna give them a different look to indicate that. Would also be interesting to have a switch trigger multiple by hitting it more than once.

Those hard chest paths feel like your giving up on Trib mode to merge all into one zone - please don't do that! It's not painful enough for that yet.

Not sure about the new CP mechanic. Especially that party members seemingly can trigger previous CPs and destroy progress if unintended. The organs were fun and fine IMHO.

The black area with the voice behind is a bit misleading. I thought I had to bomb it open or so. It seems to be a red herring atm or I didn't figure it out yet.

Missing a bit funny hidden references to other games yet too. Previous worlds are full of it.

There's also one platform at the end of the underwater section (near the mushroom) that's not 45° degrees aligned! Fix it! 😛

Haven't fully figured out the paths to red bauble chest 2 yet... great!

Thanks a lot for it.

Edited by Ray Koopa.2354
  • Like 4
  • Confused 3

omg !

OMG !!!!!

ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THIS !!!

I can't tell how happy i'm !!!!

I'm trying right know and i'm happy of the new texture ! AND ITS HARD BABY !! THANKS A LOT !!!

So glad to explore this new world !

Anet your awsome !!

I've been waiting for it all these years (and that's not a complaint) !

I discovered SAB at these very beginings and I'm really happy to be part of the guildwars community and to have this great festival.

He is for me the most original, the nicest and the funniest !

Thanks you for putting all these references to the games and I'm going back to jump quickly into this new world of testing !

Lots of love to you anet !!

Edited by thundermarch.5643
police mistake
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

I like the design with the coin machine in the zone itself. Also the multiple checkpoints you can re-use. Would be fun if you had to do actually different mechanics going back to somewhere ... for unlocking the boss area. No shops. At least not yet. And the bauble and chest achievements seem not tooo annoying. Not many. At least not yet.

I spent there 1 hour and got 7 out of the 8 green baubles already. Last one was the one in the area with the monkeys ranging where I could not find the path to drop down from to the bauble that was in that area. Chests I saw 2 ... but did not find the path yet.

Have not found anything to bomb yet. And not used the flute. (I was to lazy to look up the songs.) I hope they are not required. Then I'll have to wait for a guide. Hate randomly going around bombing stuff. (For the flute there seemed to be stalagmites that reminded of world 2 zone 3 where I might try it tomorrow.)

Liked the structures and how a bit of the difficulty was included in the paths for the 7 out of the 8 green baubles I already managed to get. I guess it would be really better maybe to avoid an additional tribulation mode. Add an easy mode. And make the difficult stuff into the optional achievements. Main path was easy to find and not too obscure or long like in the world 2.

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 2

I am very thrilled, too, that Moto's updated dialogue wasn't an empty promise. Glad to see devs working on this!

I second Ray Koopa's comment on placeholders, but this is a test zone after all. Can't wait to see the final version. 🙂

Thank you, ANet!

P.S. Haven't found Red Bauble 1+2 yet, but I need to get some sleep now. 😉

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Pati.2438 said:

@Ashantara.8731 @Ray Koopa.2354 any hope you guys could help me i think i found 1 and 3 chest but cant get though them specialy the first one confuses me hard xd. It is frustating seeing them tbut cant get them anyways xD

For #1 just stand on the beam where the green bauble is and then jump into the waterfall.

#2 is right after those platforms that disappear and reappear.  There's a green bauble at a plateau.  Face the waterfall where those disappearing platforms were and jump off to enter a hidden tunnel behind the waterfall.

For #3, you want to go to activate the final checkpoint before the boss and then backtrack to the part with the wooden fences.  You can jump over/through one of them using a ledge on the ramp up.  You then proceed to the green bauble against the waterfall.  When at the green bauble, go through the waterfall and it should be very straight forward from there.  Be prepared to do jumps where you'll need to jump out and back in to curve around vertical beams.

I'd honestly just check YouTube as I'm sure people have videos up by now.

Edited by mythical.6315
  • Thanks 1

I was tickled pink when I saw the announcement.

I love the boss. The add pressure is an interesting new mechanic. 

I still need to run around some more to be sure, I think it could use something more, and I actually really like it when you can beeline for the boss directly and quickly like in the new zone. W2Z3 is terrible to have to play through if you're doing a playthrough. I hope that the new SaB zones become something with a bunch of different strong objectives, not just the boss and have the same creative mechanics that the other worlds have. That way, you go in for what you want & do the mechanics for it and, it can be something quick if you want, but there's still tons to do. 

Edited by Firebeard.1746

1 hour ago, Firebeard.1746 said:

W2Z3 is terrible to have to play through if you're doing a playthrough

Other than the boss fight(s) that drag it out, it's fairly quick and easy to get to the end.  I dislike W2Z1 because of the raft section as it's boring.

Edit:

It takes 10 minutes to complete world 1.

W2Z1 and W2Z2 each take 6 minutes.  You can beat the yeti in W2Z3 within 4 min but the two part boss fight adds another 4 minutes.

The world 3 test zone takes about 5 minutes to complete but, unlike the other zones, you have a high risk of having to start over (at a checkpoint) so your clear time can potentially be higher.

Edited by mythical.6315
  • Like 1

What I forgot to mention: The design itself (layout) reminded me a bit of Cantha - the Tengu jumping puzzle in Seitung. There also were some wooden structures where some planks were missing. Similar to here. (Only that here you can't walk on the rope.) Also the campfires.

I'd find it fun if they made further zones (or even this by adding more stuff) with maybe mini puzzles and stuff. (The world 3 for example had things like the gong and the octopus.) And less focusing on annoying mobs or death traps (well they mainly were in tribulation). A center room layout would be fun - for one of the further zones. Center room with a camp fire. Then you'd have ot go to different other rooms (not too many / too big) with another campfire as checkpoint in the middle of the route. Going back to the other rooms would have you move to the center again first (making sense to re-use the checkpoint there even if only doing the normal route and not looking for hidden stuff).

Edit: I forgot another thing - not wanting to make an extra post: We need fishing in tze SAB. 😛

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 1

Various thoughts about W3Z1 or whatever you want to call it...

• This level is bare bones, no extras. There are no shops, so make sure you stock up on heal potions before coming in. I did some digging and tossing bombs in what I felt were obvious places, but didn't find any secrets; I suspect there probably aren't any except for the achievements. There is no glitch that I found, no ooze farmer or anything else.
  • In terms of simply getting from start to finish, I think it's easier than W2Z2 or W2Z3. The path wraps around itself a few times at different altitudes, but for the most part, it's not hard to decipher where you need to go. The enemies are tougher than W2 (most take 3 or 4 hits with your 1 skill to kill) and there are some tricky jumps, but there also are checkpoints on the way to save your progress, which helps.
  • The bauble achievements are where things get difficult. Six of the green baubles are in visible places; you just have to figure out how to get to them, which for the most part wasn't too bad. The other two are hidden and I had to use a Youtube guide to find them; one is behind a waterfall, and another is behind a pillar that you have to make a tricky blind jump around. Three of the green baubles also mark starting locations for finding the red baubles.
  • The first red is easy, just hidden behind a waterfall. The entrance is marked by a green bauble on a beam; grab it, then just turn 90 degrees and jump into the waterfall.
  • The second red is in another hidden area behind a waterfall, also marked by a green bauble. In this area, you have to use crystals to raise platforms to create a jumping path. The timing of the crystals was the tricky part and took me several tries, but overall wasn't too bad. Toss bombs to trigger the crystals at range to save yourself time running to the platforms before they drop.
  • The third red is giving people nervous breakdowns, self included. This section was legit one of the hardest things I've ever done in GW2. To get there, go to green bauble #7 and walk cautiously through the waterfall. You have to make a long series of tricky jumps from rock to rock across, up and around the waterfall. At the end, you'll be above where you entered; go back through the waterfall into a "bottomless" room with beams and posts and more tricky jumps. I made it all the way through on the first try thanks to an extreme combination of luck and paranoia; best jumping I've ever done, but I was literally shaking so bad afterwards from the stress that I had to log off.
  • A trick I learned for jumping around the posts is to leave a little space between you and the post in front of you, so you can jump at an angle and "swing" yourself around the post without hitting it.
  • There is also one tricky short jump you have to make during the third red, from one beam to another sticking out of the wall. It is VERY easy to jump too far and fall. What you do is walk to the free end of the beam you start from, then jump to the wall end of the target beam, so you have a better jumping distance and the wall will be your backstop to keep you from falling.

Hope all that helps.

Edited by Jimbru.6014
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, mythical.6315 said:

#2 is right after those platforms that disappear and reappear.  There's a green bauble at a plateau.  Face the waterfall where those disappearing platforms were and jump off to enter a hidden tunnel behind the waterfall.

(Edit) I decided to activate TacO for this, but the path for the jump seems incorrect. I keep bumping into a wall, then sliding off and falling into the abyss. :classic_dry:

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 3

Did the last green bauble and the 3 chests with a bit help. Wiki had the info already. The first chest ... big waterfall. I don't know why I did not try that. No hard jumps.

Second chest I found it hard to jump into the waterfall - the hidden entrance. Would not have found it with a guide mentioning that it was there. I needed a lot of tries to get into the cave. If I had tried to check out that area by myself I'd have though there was nothing hidden - and then moved on. Luckily the jp in the cave was not too hard.

Third chest and last green bauble I was on the right track. Did not think you could jump through that hole in the wooden scaffolding. But I was tired yesterday and I think I tried but jumped from a bit too far away. I suspected something there though. The jp later was a bit annoying with all the small and short jumps. That one ... I can understand if it drives some people crazy. 😄 Oddly (I am not the best jumper especialyl with short jumps) I managed to complete it fast - 2nd try. (First try a mistake near the end.)

Edited by Luthan.5236

If I could make one suggestion to improve the W3 Test Mode level, it would be to add a checkpoint on the path to the third red bauble, on the broad ledge between the waterfall section and beam section of the path. "OK, you made it past the waterfall; we reward you with a checkpoint. Good luck with the next section. HAHAHAHA!" It would reduce the frustration of having to redo the WHOLE KITTEN THING for every failure, without reducing the challenge of getting through all those tricky jumps.

Edited by Jimbru.6014
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

(Edit) I decided to activate TacO for this, but the path for the jump seems incorrect. I keep bumping into a wall, then sliding off and falling into the abyss. :classic_dry:

It’ll probably help to watch a video of someone making the jump but I believe it was from where the green bauble was. Like,  I stood on top of the green bauble, turn around to face the waterfall, and then jumped. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luthan.5236 said:

Would not have found it with a guide mentioning that it was there.

I only found it after stumbling into the cave for the first one and then proceeding to check behind every waterfall. It seems that was the theme on how to get the chests or at least to start on the path for them.