What are your predictions for next balance patch?

Gibson.4036

So, we’re about three weeks out from the next balance patch, which means about a week away from the balance patch preview.

Any predictions on what we’ll get? Where will the nerf hammer fall? What’ll be the next spec everyone’s crying is now OP?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Everything Im going to write is for WvW.

1. Nerf boons. Start with Stability. Its too strong of a boon for a single... boon? Make it stackable in duration and decrease the duration by %80 on all classes.
  2. Nerf cata reflect/block/evade/invul uptime. Nerf the damage too while you are at it. This class puts bunker druid to shame. Not even ICBM's of the world can kill this bunker of a class.
  3. Introduce more boon corrupt/boonstip utilities to ALL classes.
  4. Nerf thief mobility (its the class identity i know.) IF YOU ARE NOT NERFING MOBILITY then for the love of god do something to daredevil. Make it only have 2 dodges or idk decrease evade time. Also remove smoke area from Pistol 5. Alternatives are making the "leap through smoke field" not grant stealth OR putting the smoke field/leap finisher into some other weapon thats 2 handed like staff or short bow. That way they have to decide "Am I going into stealth but i will have to abandon my main DPS weapon..."
  5. So much condi cleanse going on while not many boonstrips. Either balance that or nerf the condi cleanse.
  6. Nerf cele gear. Just.. Just nerf it. Idk how just do it.

On a more personal note (these ones are for fellow rangers):

1. Make pets invulnerable to damage. Its NEVER a good idea to focus a pet down while the ranger is available then WHY oh WHY I ask these pets are cleavable.
  2. REWORK, yes not nerf or buff, REWORK melee weapons of ranger. Why in a meta where every class has its own invul. / block / evade seconds while ranger only has access to a single block in GS (a weapon which attacks are telegraphed and can be dodged very easily. ).
  3. MAJORITY of the utility skills of ranger are UNUSED. Spirits? Traps? (sees minimal play) Survival? (exclude zephyr) Command?(exclude protect me and maybe sic'em but sic'em is just... bad.)
  4. Buff the overall damage. Pets suck as it is. Then where will rangers damage come from? Weapons? Weapons suck and LB / Axe easily countered by ENTIRE roster either being invul. OR reflecting OR stealthing OR Dodge spamming OR being insanely tanky OR 1 shotting the ranger OR blocking. Its a meme at this point lol.

I know what you are thinking. "Nice wishlist ranger main, git gud". I have more time on Elementalist than i do in Ranger :' Be honest to yourselves guys for the better, healthier future. Do you think ranger is OK? When you guys ever thought "oh my god its a ranger i should engage with care".

PS: I was so frustrated with the state of WvW I completely forgot this is a "prediction" topic and not a wishlist kekw.

Edited by MalekithDG.6124
  • Like 2
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 13

Tempest gets broken even more and now applies alac to enemies instead of allies. 

Though honestly I hope they fix the numerous bugs that have been plaguing ele not just recently, but some for years.

Honestly hard to predict what they'll do really because we haven't heard much from them since well the last time we got a studio update I think. 🤔

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

In all seriousness, there are a few things I want addressed in the next balance patch but I have no confidence they will be. My two main classes are Necromancer and Engineer. So my focus will be on them.

Necromancer: Here's a list of things I'd like to see changed or touched up on necromancer. I don't expect half of the stuff here to be addressed but even if we get a few of these touched I'll be fairly happy with the patch.

• Axe: Axe really needs a redesign. its lost its place in PvE to staff and its position in that slot was already strained. The auto needs to be reworked and skill 3 needs to be reworked. Its not a great weapon.
  • Focus: Focus also needs some help. its skill 5 needs to be much stronger in PvE and its skill 4 just needs to be replaced with something else. My suggestion is give us a means to summon minions on a weapon since that's lacking on a necromancer weapon and it would fit thematically with focus.
  • MH Dagger: Still not where it needs to be, might need more damage and its skill 3 should be 900 range. Its painfully short ranged. Potentially what would be cool is turning it into a mark skill at 900 range and rather than causing self bleeding why not have it sacrifice health? Just an idea.
  • Bone Minions: Needs a buff. 3rd minion and spawn a new bone minion up to 3 as long as you have one so this skill can actually be used rather than being the worst skill.
  • Bone Fiend: Rigor Mortis needs a rework, probably something like an AoE bone rain that cripples and bleeds. Make it a bit more useful with control and utility with an aoe ground target skill that allows for some better utility and quicker activation time. At the moment its a rather unreliable skill.
  • Signet of Spite: This needs a significant cooldown reduction in PvE.
  • Well of Power: This needs some more utility, perhaps pulsing stab for allies along with Might. Would absolutely become a real option in raids and other such content.
  • Epidemic: Needs its cast time cut. 1 second is too long for its reduced benefit.
  • Lich Form: Needs either a major buff in PvE or a redesign.
  • Spite: Needs its minor traits modernized and some better updates to them. Something like a Fragility trait would do wonders for spite as a whole. Spiteful Spirit also needs a redesign here.
  • Death Magic: Seriously needs some work. its bonus toughness either needs to be removed or converted in flat damage reduction because of its raid anti synergy and the minion traits need to be compressed and made better.
  • Minion Traits: These need to be compressed and some actual benefits to these need to be more substantial like granting boons or sharing boons with minions along with sharing some of your base stats with those minions which can be adjusted between game modes. It would be nice to see the rise of a minion build that's actually viable in end game content, so I'd like to hold out hope for that.
  • Harbinger: Most of harbinger needs a complete rework. The pistol and shroud are both good, great even but the blight mechanic needs help and the elixirs needs to have a better identity and party support or offensive potential to make them really feel like they hold their own in the build. This whole elite spec is just a mess and it REALLY needs some help. Regardless of how good its numbers are, it needs to be fun and have some more unique builds that make them stand out from each other. The only two builds harbinger uses both feel exactly the same in spite of their different party roles so this needs to be addressed in future balance.

Engineer: I don't have nearly as much I want touched up on engineer, they're pretty close to perfect in PvE in my opinion. Maybe someone could think of a few different things they'd like addressed aside from what I'm going to point out, but for me they're so much more diverse than necromancer with so much group utility and great tech that its harder to pin point specific things. But there are two specific areas I do think need some work.

• Turrets: Turrets currently occupy a similar space that gyros and the Mech fill and isn't even close to as good in comparison. My suggestion here would be to rework them and change up their direction. Using the charge system, giving them a toss feature, allowing us to spawn multiple of the same turret and giving them your stat scaling with a much shorter duration, more similar to Sand Shade duration could be the start of some fun turret DPS builds. Make their activation on the toolbelt skill more active and we could see some fun builds with them.
  • Tools: From what i understand, tools is good for PvP and WvW, but for PvE it could use some touch ups. It doesn't compete with Explosives or firearms in terms of damage or with alchemy and invention in terms of support, so perhaps giving it more damage options which require the use of different kits or Utility skills different from Firearms and explosives could help it out. Its got some unique utility but I'd like to see it get some more use in pve. I don't know the perfect solution here, but it could be linked to Tool Kit and turrets to help facilitate that type of build.

And that's what I'd hope for. But there's no way i could predict what'll come up with the next balance patch. I was extremely disappointed with the last one and I have no expectations that any of my concerns will be addressed. As you can see, necromancer needs a lot of help in my opinion and I didn't even get into everything. There's still specific traits and skills on scourge and reaper that I feel still need to be addressed but I honestly feel Harbinger needs that help far more than both of those two combine and the other core stuff absolutely needs some major updates to them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Lily.1935 said:
  • Turrets: Turrets currently occupy a similar space that gyros and the Mech fill and isn't even close to as good in comparison. My suggestion here would be to rework them and change up their direction. Using the charge system, giving them a toss feature, allowing us to spawn multiple of the same turret and giving them your stat scaling with a much shorter duration, more similar to Sand Shade duration could be the start of some fun turret DPS builds. Make their activation on the toolbelt skill more active and we could see some fun builds with them.

Turret should indeed scale with your stats but most importantly they should get rid of the infinite duration and instead go with an overdrive turret that do strong effect for a few seconds then detonate. As for toolbelt skill, it depends. Rifle turret has the best toolbelt skill of all other turret but it doesnt exactly mean much when all other turret toolbelt skill are either underwhelming or garbage.

3 hours ago, Lily.1935 said:
  • Tools: From what i understand, tools is good for PvP and WvW, but for PvE it could use some touch ups. It doesn't compete with Explosives or firearms in terms of damage or with alchemy and invention in terms of support, so perhaps giving it more damage options which require the use of different kits or Utility skills different from Firearms and explosives could help it out. Its got some unique utility but I'd like to see it get some more use in pve. I don't know the perfect solution here, but it could be linked to Tool Kit and turrets to help facilitate that type of build.

Turret are linked to Invention which is a trait you take for support ( healers to be more accurate).  Tool as a branch right now is overall fine, it offer self condition removal, damage boost under vigor and well, it helps tool skill. There isnt really an issue with Tool but it isnt exactly fitting for PvE and to be more precise group content. Tool branch is very selfish and only provide small buff and cleanse to yourself. In PvE most encounter have little to no condition (with some few exception) which already reduces its effectiveness but the small buff you get can be traded for better damage or better boon duration. Then we have tool skill.

The tool skill are for the most part average : Throw mine is good (it could be very good if Anet didnt remove the boon strip from minefield for no reason). AED is good for the CC it provide but as a healing, unless you're running gadgeteer it is whatever. Utility google is straight up garbage for group content and meh-ok for solo content against a heavy condition boss. Ramming battery does offer some good CC but you already have Throw mine that does that and synergize with Explosive and remove some boons. Battery ram also requires you to be at covid range to use it. Slick shoes are.....Yeah outside of the breakstun on its toolbelt, it isnt worth mentioning.

I dont want Tool branch to be buffed. Now dont get me wrong it isnt because I think the branch is perfect, far from that some skill can still receive some small love in some gamemode. But right now Tool is viable in PvP and WvW because of what I've described above . However if we start throwing some buff to its damage dealing potential I do not trust Anet to be able to balance the branch properly and there is a very very high chance we're going to be back to square one where Tool wasnt even worth mentioning.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Alcatraznc.3869 said:

I dont want Tool branch to be buffed. Now dont get me wrong it isnt because I think the branch is perfect, far from that some skill can still receive some small love in some gamemode. But right now Tool is viable in PvP and WvW because of what I've described above . However if we start throwing some buff to its damage dealing potential I do not trust Anet to be able to balance the branch properly and there is a very very high chance we're going to be back to square one where Tool wasnt even worth mentioning.

We can always have a PvE and PvP/WvW split. I don't see that as a big issue. I'd like each specialization to have utility in all game modes, not just X game mode.

As for turrets, I'm very aware of the space they originally filled. Which I was referring to inventions when I was talking about turrets filling the same space that Gyros and the Mech fills. I was accounting for that, I personally wouldn't mind seeing turrets and Tool Kit get some utility in the Tools line, not in a way that harms existing builds in PvP and WvW, but moving them away from being used for support. You could make them work in invention and make them more offensive still, but again, I'd like to see all specializations used in all game modes.

• Like 2

The one thing I'm 100% sure is that the patch will end up disappointing me.

Now, what' I'd hope they do:

• Things they told us at one point or another in those last 10 years:
    • Look at hard CC damage skill in sPvP like they said they would do right after nerfing all of them to oblivion in feb 2020.
    • Make all traits worth using even when underwater we still have (too many) traits that that need a specific weapon/kind of utility skill to do anything that are unavailable underwater.
    • Finish/continue their latest "ambitious and exciting" project of removing CD reduction on traits.
    • Make combo great again (and not just for elementalist).
  • Crazy things that goes around in my head from time to time and will probably never happen:
    • Add a "recoil" on block making players that block still take some amount of strike damage. (something like: 0.1 x [(power of the one that stike)/(power of the one that block)] )
    • Change all invuln (not block) skills into barrier skills. With, obviously, lower CDs to balance things out.
    • Get rid of the elite skills that transform the character (lich form/Elixir X/Tornado/Rampage)
    • Rework stealth.
    • Balance Ranger's pets (Things like making quickness work on them, having F2 skills on CD that are in the same range, bring down the very lengthy animations tied to the pets skills... etc.)
    • Make boon hate (boon ripping/boon conversion) affect defiant foes no matter their state or whether they got a boon or not (defiance already substitute for both stability and resistance, boon hate should affect it)
    • Provide all professions with way to remove boons on their foes.

Edited by Dadnir.5038
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Guess:
Due to the current mega-thread about stealth in WvW, I think they will touch Thief's stealth-access again. Same as with Shadow Meld it will have almost no impact, because Thief is played only by a small fraction of the cornerstone community. 

One of the classes that currently has access to group quickness or alacrity is going to lose that access and gets might/fury instead. My guess: Ranger, Warrior or Harbinger. 

They will probably nerf the Gunflame build. Just because it can hit so hard. Although it does not have any real purpose in the game. 

At last they may take a look at the endurance regeneration traits, sigils and vigor.

Hope/Wish:
- Balancing Mechanist properly. Rifle Mech in Cornerstone is still a faceroll-win.
- Return group-quickness to Catalyst in PvE.
- Deciding on a fixed role for Scrapper.
- Special Action Key. A solution that solves this mess.

-
With a little luck, nothing of this will happen 🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

So, we’re about three weeks out from the next balance patch, which means about a week away from the balance patch preview.

Any predictions on what we’ll get? Where will the nerf hammer fall? What’ll be the next spec everyone’s crying is now OP?

GW2 players should stop using the words "Balance patch"....because none of you want actual balance....all you lot want is to remove whatever you hate to fight against, and some of you on top of that even ask for buffs to make the only profession they play as much brainless as possible, as much low risk=high reward as possible. So let's stop with this circus-like threads ...nothing but clickbait for individuals who don't give a kitten about balance or competition.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

7 minutes ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

GW2 players should stop using the words "Balance patch"....because none of you want actual balance....all you lot want is to remove whatever you hate to fight against, and some of you on top of that even ask for buffs to make the only profession they play as much brainless as possible, as much low risk=high reward as possible. So let's stop with this circus-like threads ...nothing but clickbait for individuals who don't give a kitten about balance or competition.

No one? Literally none?

I mean, I’m not a big theorycrafter, and I only play PvP casually, but I would like all my characters to feel equally effective.

And I think anyone who cries, “nerf,” should play the spec for a bit to actually understand it.

I’d also prefer ANet to tweak things in increments instead of outright nuking them when they think they’re overperforming… but I’d also prefer to be independently wealthy.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, MalekithDG.6124 said:

Everything Im going to write is for WvW.

1. Nerf boons. Start with Stability. Its too strong of a boon for a single... boon? Make it stackable in duration and decrease the duration by %80 on all classes.
  2. Nerf cata reflect/block/evade/invul uptime. Nerf the damage too while you are at it. This class puts bunker druid to shame. Not even ICBM's of the world can kill this bunker of a class.
  3. Introduce more boon corrupt/boonstip utilities to ALL classes.
  4. Nerf thief mobility (its the class identity i know.) IF YOU ARE NOT NERFING MOBILITY then for the love of god do something to daredevil. Make it only have 2 dodges or idk decrease evade time. Also remove smoke area from Pistol 5. Alternatives are making the "leap through smoke field" not grant stealth OR putting the smoke field/leap finisher into some other weapon thats 2 handed like staff or short bow. That way they have to decide "Am I going into stealth but i will have to abandon my main DPS weapon..."
  5. So much condi cleanse going on while not many boonstrips. Either balance that or nerf the condi cleanse.
  6. Nerf cele gear. Just.. Just nerf it. Idk how just do it.

On a more personal note (these ones are for fellow rangers):

1. Make pets invulnerable to damage. Its NEVER a good idea to focus a pet down while the ranger is available then WHY oh WHY I ask these pets are cleavable.
  2. REWORK, yes not nerf or buff, REWORK melee weapons of ranger. Why in a meta where every class has its own invul. / block / evade seconds while ranger only has access to a single block in GS (a weapon which attacks are telegraphed and can be dodged very easily. ).
  3. MAJORITY of the utility skills of ranger are UNUSED. Spirits? Traps? (sees minimal play) Survival? (exclude zephyr) Command?(exclude protect me and maybe sic'em but sic'em is just... bad.)
  4. Buff the overall damage. Pets suck as it is. Then where will rangers damage come from? Weapons? Weapons suck and LB / Axe easily countered by ENTIRE roster either being invul. OR reflecting OR stealthing OR Dodge spamming OR being insanely tanky OR 1 shotting the ranger OR blocking. Its a meme at this point lol.

I know what you are thinking. "Nice wishlist ranger main, git gud". I have more time on Elementalist than i do in Ranger :' Be honest to yourselves guys for the better, healthier future. Do you think ranger is OK? When you guys ever thought "oh my god its a ranger i should engage with care".

PS: I was so frustrated with the state of WvW I completely forgot this is a "prediction" topic and not a wishlist kekw.

We need also to remove N2 from longbow, remove sic'em and remove SB elite...then remove druid ancient seed....nerf dolyak stance, nerf regen and protection uptime..remove also........etc etc etc...played ranger for 5 years now and I know every single thing that makes ranger as braindead as the rest of the professions in GW2. Never delude yourself into thinking that ranger takes any more skill than any other class in GW2....they are all braindead in their own circle

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

No one? Literally none?

I mean, I’m not a big theorycrafter, and I only play PvP casually, but I would like all my characters to feel equally effective.

And I think anyone who cries, “nerf,” should play the spec for a bit to actually understand it.

I’d also prefer ANet to tweak things in increments instead of outright nuking them when they think they’re overperforming… but I’d also prefer to be independently wealthy.

Anet balances kitten! They only react to the loud and vocal pvp minority after they get tired of reading their never ending bitching and whining ...it takes months but eventually they reduce/remove things enough so that the vocal pvp minority stops whining and bitching for a couple of days...before starting whining and bitching about another thing for the next few months.

The PvP in this game is kitten because GW2 players are too incompetent to realize that balance doesn't mean they get to win 9 times out of 10, balance means that 50/50 scenarios in ideal cases....60/40 on average.

GW2 player is like..."I can do 10k dmg from 1200/1500 range with a single button...it's balanced...but that guy over there blocking my attack...it's unbalanced...remove it"....or "I press F1 on my 30K HP build and instantly get another 10K HP bar...that reduces dmg by 50% on top...but that guy over there has an invulnerability..and I don't care he has 10K base HP...remove its invulnerability, as it's OP"....or "I can completely shut down the other guy with ease...by spamming reflect...it's balanced...that guy can fire from 1200 range anyway" or what about "I can do kitten tons of dmg, I don't need to dodge, I have pulsing stability and I can down people by pressing 5-3..oh I am using tanky amulet..but that guy does dmg and has superseded.....yeah I don't care he's full glass stats....nerf him"

GW2 player knows kitten about balance....too egomaniacs.....too self-centered and only interested in winning....not competition

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

One more thing: Anet doesn't balance for kitten! 

When one build design is deemed OP, for doing too much of everything at the same time...they don't simply go and remove the concept from the game as any wise company would do...nope...Anet nukes from orbit the class that happens to follow that build design...only to move to another class few weeks/months later.

A clear example is Willbender: few months before they nerfed Herald for having too much group utility/sustain/mobility/damage baked in the same build.......they nerfed Herald and made Willbender which does the same thing but easier...that's Anet

They nerf Obsidian flesh/earth shield on ele...too much invulnerability uptime they say...then they gave distortion to Virtuoso, which is worst, the same exact reason why OF was nerfed...but it's ok on mesmer.

They added cast time to Untamed only teleport to avoid mid animation teleports...but guardian does exactly that......

And so on so on...that's Anet idea of balance......

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

When one build design is deemed OP, for doing too much of everything at the same time...they don't simply go and remove the concept from the game as any wise company would do...nope...Anet nukes from orbit the class that happens to follow that build design...only to move to another class few weeks/months later.

A clear example is Willbender: few months before they nerfed Herald for having too much group utility/sustain/mobility/damage baked in the same build.......they nerfed Herald and made Willbender which does the same thing but easier...that's Anet

They nerf Obsidian flesh/earth shield on ele...too much invulnerability uptime they say...then they gave distortion to Virtuoso, which is worst, the same exact reason why OF was nerfed...but it's ok on mesmer.

They added cast time to Untamed only teleport to avoid mid animation teleports...but guardian does exactly that......

I don't always agree with your posts but this one gets my full support.

10 minutes ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

While I’m not on board with dismissing the entirety of the player base, I can agree with you here. I don’t understand why ArenaNet doesn’t make small tweaks, but instead kills entire builds while ignoring or even promoting others.

My strategy for a long time has been to play all professions, and try not to get attached to any one of them.

What I hope to see:

• Complete Arms rework
  • Spellbreaker's boons on FC being changed to be AoE
  • Tunning up of Core T1 and T2 Bursts.
  • The self roots on 100B, Kill Shot, Flurry, and Dragon Trigger removed.
  • Mending Might changed to heal allies you grant Might to.
  • Charge changed to give 4s of quickness instead of 2s.
  • The CD on Marching Orders removed
    • Soldier's Comfort now heals based on Adrenaline Spent, with a low base healing but very high scaling.
    • Martial Cadence grants 1s of quickness +1s more based on adrenaline spent and is swapped with Double Standards. Double Standards is swapped with Warrior's Cunning.
    • Shrug it Off now heals when any condition is removed.
  • Banner of Strength grants 20 might
  • Banner of Discipline grants quickness as well as fury
  • Banner of Tactics now heals instead of granting quickness and is moved to the heal slot.
  • All banners except Battle Standard gain a flip over that dismisses the banner and reapplies their summon effect.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

Nothing good?

Predictions:

Harb willbender virt etc remain disgusting in wvw roaming...

Cele remains problematic with waaaaay too much stat availability...

Projectile hate in wvw still oppressive, removing the viability of ALL projectile weapons from the group fight part of the "cornerstone lel" game..

CMC again refuses to stop cata and tempest from overperforming in sPVP. 2+ Eles continues to be the comp norm...

Roy prevents any meaningful changes to tone down wvw boonballs. He champions removing even more boonstrip...

The wiki and a dartboard and a blindfold remain the primary balancing tools.

😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

@MalekithDG.6124 I See the WvW Points they need to do Something against condis and boons indeed. But Ranger buffs? Bru that class is allready broken (its better melee Fighter with pets help than Warrior and Warrior is melee only...) Ranger is good as it is and does not rly need any buffs. Only thing you could say is buff its ranged dps and nerf its melee one but yea. Also you noticed that rangers Greatsword is actually one of the best weapons Ingame right? It get good CC/a decent Block/ 2 evade skills/ some Mobility/ decent DMG Just right in one weapon Just think about it.

• Like 2

Not sure about predictions but as far as a PvE wishlist goes:

Nerf DE dps output and give them more reliable dps traits

Fix the issues of untamed not getting cd reduction on their CC's

Boost Reaper and harbi dps. 

Fix bugged alac uptime on temp and redesign energy meter on cata

Nerf some of the free utility on virtuoso

Increase alac gain from flowing resolve on WB 

Nerf damage output of hammer Spb, increase dps output of GS and axe mh. 

Boost holosmith dps

• Like 1

PvP

1- They're nerfing the "my class can't do that" forum player objective almost to the ground instead of nerfing really problematic skills. Nerfing global numbers, adding cds to all abilities, etc.

2- Then they will improve some classes until the brokeness, so they will become the new target to create endless threads of "nerf this". Saying things like  "this, X spec, is the golden son of Anet". Even if the class was dead for years.

3- If is one of the most played specs; they gonna have plenty of defenders even if its new busted class can summon Kralkatorrik as a pet in a match, so the class gonna last 3 months until is touched. If it's not a common spec, it will be nerfed in the next 2 weeks almost randomly.

4- Repeat infinitely

Edited by AlPower.2476
  • Sad 1