You will NEVER have playable Tengu.

On 4/25/2023 at 12:27 AM, Batalix.2873 said:

I will be very surprised of GW3 didn't have them playable though, along with a slew of other elevated "beast tribes".

They are not done with gw2 and you're talking about gw3 already xD
Also I don't think they will give ppl a ton of races to play as if gw3 happens.

• Confused 1

To be honest, without an interesting variety of races, I'd probably skip GW3. Five is already a fairly small number for a fantasy-themed MMO (though they've done a reasonably good job making those compared to the industry average, despite the clipping problems). And while I don't expect any potential GW3 to be an MMO, the standard of competition in the RPG genre has risen a bit since GW1 came out. So, if they don't build on their strengths, I'm skeptical that they'd be able to produce a new game I'd find interesting anymore.

The ability to do quality character race designs, not just low-effort reskins, is one of the main things I admire about ANet. Would be a shame to lose that.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, Biziut.3594 said:

- Make a charr

- Buy raven helmet and mantle

- Discounted tengu ready!

- Profit? xd

According to that that medicine man neither Raven item is due in the shop this year. So the budget Tengu may have to wait a while.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

According to that That Medicine Man neither Raven item is due in the shop this year. So the budget Tengu may have to wait a while.

Oh no. Maybe some feathered backpack since there are plenty of them. And some helmet that covers whole face. No one will know if you are a charr or tengu if they won't see your face. 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Biziut.3594 said:

Oh no. Maybe some feathered backpack since there are plenty of them. And some helmet that covers whole face. No one will know if you are a charr or tengu if they won't see your face. 

It's too bad, really. I have an empty character slot, and after your post I was sorely tempted to make a character named "Playable Tengu".

• Haha 7
  • Confused 1

On 4/24/2023 at 4:23 PM, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

They have to finish Alliances first.

Sorry, did a spit take.   

GW2 being a corner stone of the game (lies), you'd think, would accelerate alliances (lie of omission that they're spending any time on it).   

Tengu as a race would be fun for a few minutes.  They'll probably put their whole team on it and after much time and silence, they'll release a new fishing hole by the Tengu wall in LA. 

• Confused 3

51 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

It's too bad, really. I have an empty character slot, and after your post I was sorely tempted to make a character named "Playable Tengu".

Hahah! Glad I could be of help. In return I humbly ask for one thing, if I may. If you ever manage to make this character, let's meet in game and show it to me. I would love to see it. xD

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 4/24/2023 at 2:17 PM, Randulf.7614 said:

Reverse psychology. I like the way you think

Exactly.  First people said we'd never get raids, then we got raids. (And to some extent, strike missions).  Next people said there would be no mounts.  Not only did we get mounts, we got some of the best mounts on the market!  Then there were capes.  No one believed we'd get capes. "No capes!" they'd say.  But not only did we get capes, we got dyeable backpacks too!

Maybe OP is on to something.  It seems if you say something won't happen long enough here, it just happens. 🤔

• Haha 2
  • Confused 4

14 hours ago, Doggie.3184 said:

Endless Combat Birdboy Tonic

The inability to mount up while transformed kills this.

When I tried playing as a Kodan I realized how frequently I casually hop on and off my mount while doing stuff.

My Kodan phase lasted all of fifteen minutes.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

On 4/26/2023 at 12:17 PM, Epsilon Indi.2031 said:

Exactly.  First people said we'd never get raids, then we got raids. (And to some extent, strike missions).  Next people said there would be no mounts.  Not only did we get mounts, we got some of the best mounts on the market!  Then there were capes.  No one believed we'd get capes. "No capes!" they'd say.  But not only did we get capes, we got dyeable backpacks too!

Maybe OP is on to something.  It seems if you say something won't happen long enough here, it just happens. 🤔

Hmmm....

Skritt will never be a playable species.

Polymock will never be released.

There will never be Jeweler 500.

<insert your favorite profession> will never be buffed and <insert profession you dislike> will never be nerfed.

Charr mounts for Asuran characters will never be a thing.

Likewise, there will never be Norn mounts for Asuran characters.  You know what, screw it.  There won't be Charr/Norn/Human/Sylvari mounts for Asuran characters.

There won't be an Asuran with a jetpack as a jade bot skin.

New Lion's Arch will never be destroyed.  It will especially not be replaced by a sea-creature theme park complete with massive neon signs, roller coasters, fluffy-costumed NPC's to take screenshots with, or food with enough sugar to induce diabetic shock.

The Pact Commander will never get a salary from the Pact.

Trahearne will never publicly acknowledge your efforts in the core story.

There will never be a new species of angelic canines to be the permanent arch nemesis of Charr, the demonic felines.  Those canines will never live together with the Charr. 

Rogue.8235 will never get a full legendary armory for free.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Rogue.8235 said:

Hmmm....

Skritt will never be a playable species.

Polymock will never be released.

There will never be Jeweler 500.

<insert your favorite profession> will never be buffed and <insert profession you dislike> will never be nerfed.

Charr mounts for Asuran characters will never be a thing.

Likewise, there will never be Norn mounts for Asuran characters.  You know what, screw it.  There won't be Charr/Norn/Human/Sylvari mounts for Asuran characters.

There won't be an Asuran with a jetpack as a jade bot skin.

New Lion's Arch will never be destroyed.  It will especially not be replaced by a sea-creature theme park complete with massive neon signs, roller coasters, fluffy-costumed NPC's to take screenshots with, or food with enough sugar to induce diabetic shock.

The Pact Commander will never get a salary from the Pact.

Trahearne will never publicly acknowledge your efforts in the core story.

There will never be a new species of angelic canines to be the permanent arch nemesis of Charr, the demonic felines.  Those canines will never live together with the Charr. 

Rogue.8235 will never get a full legendary armory for free.

Oh yea that reminds me they did say they were working on cooking and jewelery 500 wonder what happened with the latter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Chaos God.1639 said:

adding more playable races will expand the game's lore and will add more replayability. unique races is the core element of every fantasy universe. it will definitely add value to the game.

I get that people want to hold onto any argument they can for the addition they want to see, but I don't see in what way a race needs to be playable in order for it to expand the game's lore. Perhaps a small honorable mention of Mori Village is in place here.

On the other hand, I'd like to see Dominion of Winds uncovered -but as much as it is a potential candidate for a racial starting zone, it can also easly be made into a regular playable city-based map with lore bits coming from events and npcs. Persoinally, I still don't think adding a playable race has a significant value in regards of gameplay.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

You do REALIZE that NOW is a good a time as EVER to get a new race right? With most elite specs already being implemented in the game that saves A LOT of time in development for Xpacs....a new race is NOW very likely.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1