[Feedback] Quiet Woods Chair

I love this one!

However, why is it not centered on my screen? https://i.imgur.com/5JIlPy9.jpg

It's totally off to one side, and when you go close-up and rotate the camera around it, you are getting stretched perspectives (because the object is close to the edge of the camera lens).

@Rubi Bayer.8493, can this get fixed, please?

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Yeah, it is! 🙂 It's absolutely awesome with the falling leaves, the peaceful sounds, the cute duckling and all (the sitting animations are pretty cool, especially on asura 😇).

Still, the decentered bug is really ruining it for me to some degree. 😞

https://i.imgur.com/V0cXJvF.jpg   
https://i.imgur.com/hiRjnBk.jpg

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

I saw a bunch of these around the bank area in DR. The grassy area seemed significantly smaller than in the promo picture.

Is it possible they were clipping with the ground a bit, losing the outer edges? Or maybe just the camera angle and crop if the promo image makes it look that way?

On 4/25/2023 at 6:56 PM, Ashantara.8731 said:

Yeah, it is! 🙂 It's absolutely awesome with the falling leaves, the peaceful sounds, the cute duckling and all (the sitting animations are pretty cool, especially on asura 😇).

Another "fun" part of the decentered character is that if you have an infusion with visuals, it shows next to the character 😶

Other than that, good chair tree.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Another "fun" part of the decentered character is that if you have an infusion with visuals, it shows next to the character 😶

Other than that, good chair tree.

Only with some infusions, it seems! Clockwork looks perfectly centered on my asura, but not the SAB infusions. The Everbloom infusion on my sylvari as well, along with the Winter's Presence's snow and his Virtuoso daggers, keep floating next to him. 😆

Hope this gets fixed!

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Only with some infusions (or on certain races), it seems! Clockwork and SAB look perfectly centered on my asura, but the Everbloom infusion on my sylvari, along with the Winter's Presence's snow and his Virtuoso daggers, keep floating next to him. 😆

Hope this gets fixed!

Yeah, I just tried SAB infusion on human, guess the interaction can vary between infusions (or class effects 😄) and characters

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Yeah, I just tried SAB infusion on human, guess the interaction can vary between infusions and characters

I just corrected my previous post. It's definitely not related to race.

If only the whole chair was as perfectly aligned to the center of the screen as some of these infusions are... 😂

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I LOVE this chair.

I nearly bought the noodle stand chair, but there was something about it that stopped me. But as soon as I saw this chair, I just had to have it... They have outdone themselves with this chair...

Plus, whenever I use the chair, perfect strangers come and sit under its canopy... it's a great place to meet people.

I hadn't noticed it being off center though, and I don't have infusions. I am sure there would be an easy fix for it though... hopefully.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

And people around here say that no one from Anet reads the forums....

Oh I believe they do read the forum but replying to the posts? That's totally situational. Regardless, do appreciate the reply from Ms Bayer even though I didn't buy that chair.

Edited by Min Min.9368

I didn't realize that the tree had doves as well. 

Though after awhile the doves stopped appearing.  Dismounting and using the chair again didn't spawn more doves.  I was at minister's waypoint in Divinity's reach, so perhaps the doves were cut by entity limit or something.

• Confused 1

On 4/25/2023 at 7:56 PM, Ashantara.8731 said:

i don't claim to be expert in photography/videography, but some of the best shots i ever seen is the decentered one (Long / wide shots).
i guess it was made that way on purpose, your frame now include beautiful nature view right behind your character and the far top left showing the amazing architecture of guild wars 2.
even if you're not centered in the picture physically, your character still the center (main element) of that scenery.
let's assume it's centered expanding the view to the right will serve any purpose? what you will get there, more wall?
to each his taste but in my opinion and artistically speaking it's absolutely breathtaking the way it's. also that chair now will provide unique type of screenshots other than the centered typical ones we can take anywhere in the game.
please search long wide shot pictures on google.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Dovahkiin.6849 said:

i don't claim to be expert in photography/videography, but some of the best shots i ever seen is the decentered one (Long / wide shots).
i guess it was made that way on purpose, your frame now include beautiful nature view right behind your character and the far top left showing the amazing architecture of guild wars 2.
even if you're not centered in the picture physically, your character still the center (main element) of that scenery.
let's assume it's centered expanding the view to the right will serve any purpose? what you will get there, more wall?
to each his taste but in my opinion and artistically speaking it's absolutely breathtaking the way it's. also that chair now will provide unique type of screenshots other than the centered typical ones we can take anywhere in the game.
please search long wide shot pictures on google.

Yeah, I don't think not being centered on the screen is the issue, but rather the part where not every visual element is then moved along with the character. On the other hand if they change the character to be in the center, that works for me either way 🤷‍♂️
Just... make sure all of the elements match 😄

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

I didn't realize that the tree had doves as well. 

Though after awhile the doves stopped appearing.  Dismounting and using the chair again didn't spawn more doves.  I was at minister's waypoint in Divinity's reach, so perhaps the doves were cut by entity limit or something.

Hmmm, I haven't seen any doves.  Since you were in divinity could it have been mail pigeons from other players using the TP?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mattahood.9423 said:

Hmmm, I haven't seen any doves.  Since you were in divinity could it have been mail pigeons from other players using the TP?

I suppose.  It must have been quite alot of mail.  I assumed they were part of the tree because the angle of approach remained consistent.  One would fly into the leaves and vanish, while the other would fly past over the top of the tree.  They seemed synchronized. I guess someone could have been sending or receiving mail from a nearby rooftop? 

Edited by Zebulous.2934