connection to login server lost ... [Merged]

I been getting this issue  a few times this week , in game the  server ping  is showing  49 to 60  so  normal but  the login server is dropping here and there  which  when this happens  makes  Black lion trade useless and  logging out    is a bad idea ,, ive  check  my   connection    during these times ,, and change dns to    google   and other dns  servers  , disabled antivirus and checked router settings ,,  so i think   gw2 just hates me at this point   when this happens .  am i the only one experiencing this? oh  not to mention  trying to sign into forums  when this happens is also impossible lol 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm getting constant popups saying connection is lost.  I can just click to close it and I'm fine, but it stops me doing anything else until I precision click the x to close.  It hasn't been a big deal while I've been dyeing outfits on alts in Thousand Seas but it could definitely cause issues in combat.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Pretty constant here. It resulted in me accidentally buying 100 logs 4x even though I was told there was an error in the TP interface (separate from the login server error). Map chat in LA was talking about it as well. I suspect there is something internal to ANet, as I had connectivity issues with GW1 tonight before logging in to GW2.

Edited by mooftak.9605
Map chat
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yup, been getting this all day since the update dropped. Very frustrating as it "conveniently" pops up the most while in combat vs when I am just in Thousand Seas or Arborstone.

My fave is how the message implies it is something on your/our end. Riiiight.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Sorry everyone, I know this is super annoying. I've let people know so we can look into it. 

Thanks for the acknowledgment at least. Can confirm I am also one of the players getting hit by the Error Code 42. It even took me forever to log into the Guild Wars 2 website just to post this message. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

No improvement at all, still spamming this message every minute or so, which is incredibly annoying as for some silly reason it kills all UI interaction. @vee.5609 is completely correct, this is not important enough an error that it should be anything other than a system entry in the chatbox. The only time I should be seeing this in the middle of my face is when it actually affects me, ie. I'm on the login screen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Been having the "connection lost" pop up issue since yesterday evening NZ time

It is definitely not fixed because it has happened constantly since I updated my game and logged in a few minutes ago.

Also something funny happening with the login screen not being able to login sometimes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’ve been getting the following since yesterday afternoon, EU time:

Code=42.1001.90014457:101

I log in via Steam, not sure if this plays a part. But, other than installing yesterday’s patch, nothing has changed my end.

Edited by Malarkey.3021
typos
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

It is happening to me too...

I have 2 accounts and it was happening on both.

While in Divinity, other people were saying they had the same issue.

The message says this...

The game client is unable to gain access to the login server at this time. This is most commonly caused by firewall or router settings... blah, blah, blah

(Code+42:1001:4457:101)

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/115015860488-Error-Code-42#:~:text=What is an Error 42,game%2C including guilds and chat.  (On the server-side, the error can be caused when the servers themselves are experiencing network issues.)

I looked this error up, and it's not only a problem on the client side... and given that MANY people are having this issue, it seems that it's on the server (Anet) side.

Edited by Lanfear De Noir.9127
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

did you guys really fix anything?

gem store/tp still not working sometime.

code 42 still popping up ingame

log out and try to log in again then the launcher broken cant even login to the game.

after few attempts finally i get in to the game.

but gem store/tp still not working

jump in to wvw then code 42 start popping up again

pls fix your game

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

I've been having those error messages mid-game for a couple of days: code=42:1020:101:4457:101

Now I cannot download the patch. There's no code to the error message from the client. It just says there was an error and it is retrying. Nothing happens of course, it just spins in place.

And now it won't take my password/login.

Edited by Oriens.5630
update
  • Thanks 1

I was logged in about 15-30 minutes ago and the game became suddenly unresponsive like the connection was lost. Every time I try logging in since gives a network error. I think something just broke. And it's only when i try zoning in, not logging into the game

EDIT: Obviously I can use the internet if I'm posting here. I've checked other sites. The zone i was trying to zone into was Seitung Province, not sure if that matters. 

Edited by Firebeard.1746
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Had the error 42 and error 7 all evening yesterday. As soon as I loaded in any map I couldnt interact with anything and pressing skills did nothing. Some times I couldnt even get past the character select screen.
Rebooting the game did nothing, kept having the same issue. Also rebooting my router and turning off any firewalls did nothing. Havent tried logging in today so I dont know if its fixed. 

Meanwhile Nextflix on my tv had no issues and on my pc music kept playing and internetbrowsers were working fine. Throught this was on my end, but never had an issue like this before. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1