Legendary Aquabreather when?

12 hours ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

In reality it is just a great way for some people to waste 1000+ g worth of stuff

I mean, nobody will force ppl to craft it. For those who actually want it, the cost doesn't really matter.
+1 for legendary breather

• Like 6

Maybe we'll get one after we got Generation 2 and 3 Legendary underwater weapons. But for all we know, that'll never happen.

When they announced Generation 3 legendary weapons, they specifically pointed out that we wouldn't get the underwater ones.

Why would the Breather have a better chance?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

A legendary breather should copy the look of your land head piece so you can keep your character’s look under water.

And please make it available through open world content.

This should honestly be a default option already but it would also be a pretty neat twist on a legendary appearance.

Its better to just remove the aquabreather stats and rune and keep it only for the visual skin. The original purpose of the item has been lost, and its just not needed anymore.

Also, let us use water weapons on land while we're at it.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

Its better to just remove the aquabreather stats and rune and keep it only for the visual skin. The original purpose of the item has been lost, and its just not needed anymore.

Also, let us use water weapons on land while we're at it.

What was the original purpose of the item, you did not die if you never equiped on even at release right?

45 minutes ago, Guillejhin.8964 said:

they are right to need the aquabreather if it is useless

I did not say they were right or wrong I asked what the original purpose they spoke of what sinc I have never seen the need for it even at the start other then wasting coin on each character ( hence why some of my characters got green or no breathers)

• Like 3

+1 for either adding a legendary breather or removing the slot.

The main pro in adding one is a goal for players to go for that have everything else and some minor convenience, along with "complete legendary gear" being attainable (side note - can we get legendary infusions too?)

The main pro in removing the slot is not having to gear up another slot which needs a 7th rune.

• Like 4

Yeah I have ascended aquabreathers on my 19 characters and I would be for removing the slot entirely. I was thinking about legendary versions for a while but in the end it's just too much work for something that you don't use a lot. 

In the end having a breather underwater may seem realistic, but then you wouldn't swim in armor either so realism is not an argument.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

/signed, add a legendary Breather (They should have added it with last patch when they made us wear breathers/filters for Gyala Delve, it would have been the perfect opportunity, so I'm still holding onto some hope that we get one with the tunnel patch.)

If I was a dev I would have created a legendary breather to act as a filter in gyala delv without the need for charges, and to work underwater too, but ofc simple logic like this seems to pass Anet by.

Edited by Vavume.8065
  • Like 1