WvW Legendary Armor Appearance(s)

The WvW Legendary Armor Appearance and the Mistforged appearance are very lack luster compared to the raid one(s).I haven't seen anyone write about this, or maybe I've glossed over it, but I would like for the Devs/Artist to take a look at the WvW Legendary Armor Appearance, and give it the same treatment as the PvE raid one. Unless, the WvW Legendary Armor look is supposed to look like that due to it being PvP focused? I hope that isn't the case, since the WvW Trinket and Backpiece looks amazing as a Legendary.  For those who've already received the Legendary WvW Armor, can get it from the Skirmish Supervisor (Skirmish Merchant) for free in a different tab.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 9

when they first released the legendary (PvE) armor (which was supposed to be the only legendary armor), the self-entitled raid crowd did nothing but complain (because of how it looked or because it didn't match their fanfiction) and even bashed the people who worked on it, so in a move out of sheer spite, the developers released the legendary WvW and PvP armor as revenge, stripping the raid crow of their privilege of being the only ones with a legendary armor.
however, to avoid the same problem, they took the suggestion of some players and created the legendary version but without changing the appearance (the PvP armor kinda looks better but still the same armor).

I do agree that the WvW skin isn't the prettiest, but most people will transmute it eventually, even if the design was the most impressive ever, so why bother?

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 11

54 minutes ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

when they first released the legendary (PvE) armor (which was supposed to be the only legendary armor), the self-entitled raid crowd did nothing but complain (because of how it looked or because it didn't match their fanfiction) and even bashed the people who worked on it, so in a move out of sheer spite, the developers released the legendary WvW and PvP armor as revenge, stripping the raid crow of their privilege of being the only ones with a legendary armor.
however, to avoid the same problem, they took the suggestion of some players and created the legendary version but without changing the appearance (the PvP armor kinda looks better but still the same armor).

I do agree that the WvW skin isn't the prettiest, but most people will transmute it eventually, even if the design was the most impressive ever, so why bother?

Interesting. Thanks for the Feedback.

• Like 1
  • Confused 6

3 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

The Devs stated they would not be creating any more 'animated' Legendary Armors.  The PvE set took more than 2 years, and was nothing more than a headache. 

If that was the case, then it would make sense. Luckily, I'll be going for my Raid armor soon, but still sad the WvW ones isn't great. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

That topic (and the idea of having the legendary version of WvW armor  have its own, unique skin, instead of inheriting the skin from ascended tier) comes up very frequently. Unfortunately, not only WvW is not devs priority, but there's a number of raiders that apparently feel threatened by it and keep insisting that unique skin should remain the provice of raids forever. As a result, lot of fake arguments are being thrown around, like an argument that it is about giving Envoy set look to WvW players, (which isn't really the issue at all, a separate unique look would be perfectly fine, and in fact most of the time is what players are actually asking for), or that this new armor would have to be animated, (which also isn't really assumed - for most people just an upgraded version of ascended set with some aura/SFX would do perfectly fine), or that it would kill raid development (even though raid development has already been stopped long ago). Or sometimes even more bizarre ones (like WvW players "being entitled").

Hopefully, some day it will get a dev attention it deserves without interference from people that would like to keep some stuff to themselves.

• Like 6
  • Confused 9

Go for the Mistforged Triumphant Hero's armor. That is the high rank one. I got both the raid legendary armor and the WvW one and the beautifully animated "Diablo" angel light wings make the WvW armor my favourite by far. For heavy armor I would go for the Raid armor, because the Legendary raid heavy armor is just done exceptionally well.

Note that the chest piece has two versions. You will want to go to the version that has this awesome light wings effect on combat.

Sublime Mistforged Triumphant Hero's Raiment

Edited by TheQuickFox.3826
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

I actually like how the medium WvW legendary armour looks. I've been very slowly working my way up to getting it for exactly that reason. (Yes I'm aware I could just get the precursor, but I don't have any legendary armour and would rather finish one I'm already making progress on than get part-way and then start another.)

No it's not as fancy or animated as the raid one, but I like that and I think it will make it easier to mix and match. It's been a while since I looked but as far as I remember the only piece I could see myself using from the raid armour is the light shoulders.

On 5/14/2023 at 12:05 PM, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

agree one of the worst decision abet ever done. cater to a toxic minority. who did alot of gate keeping. 

to the topic nothing wrong with other game modes can get their own unique high lv skin buy i fear those are all in the gemstore

downvoting proves my point

Edited by Balsa.3951
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 11

24 minutes ago, Balsa.3951 said:

agree one of the worst decision abet ever done. cater to a toxic minority. who did alot of gate keeping. 

to the topic nothing wrong with other game modes can get their own unique high lv skin buy i fear those are all in the gemstore

Lol. Gatekeeping what? Are this toxic raiders bonking you with a stick each time you try to put your own LFG? xd

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 5/14/2023 at 6:05 AM, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

Oh my so now ppls are called entitled becouse they dare to share their opinion on a skin? Ahh this spiteful tricksters at Arena, they dare to do what they want with the game they own, it must be only to kitten off some imaginary cult of toxic raiders. Xd

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 5/14/2023 at 6:05 AM, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

What an interesting bit of headcanon.

Entirely unrelated, please remember to take your meds. 🙂

• Thanks 6
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

On 5/14/2023 at 1:07 AM, Mardomus.6984 said:

The WvW Legendary Armor Appearance and the Mistforged appearance are very lack luster compared to the raid one(s).I haven't seen anyone write about this, or maybe I've glossed over it, but I would like for the Devs/Artist to take a look at the WvW Legendary Armor Appearance, and give it the same treatment as the PvE raid one. Unless, the WvW Legendary Armor look is supposed to look like that due to it being PvP focused? I hope that isn't the case, since the WvW Trinket and Backpiece looks amazing as a Legendary.  For those who've already received the Legendary WvW Armor, can get it from the Skirmish Supervisor (Skirmish Merchant) for free in a different tab.  

The raid one was too costly ... and had barely any results ,  xaxaxa !!!

As far as the WvW on goes , because the first set  to to be completed in 26 weeks , with 25 hour per week , the company could offer some random a random gemstore outfits every 2 expansions (3 years) , so the increased timed aquizition reflects that eford and no money neeeded to create new .

• Confused 7

2 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

The raid one was too costly ... and had barely any results ,  xaxaxa !!!

As far as the WvW on goes , because the first set  to to be completed in 26 weeks , with 25 hour per week , the company could offer some random a random gemstore outfits every 2 expansions (3 years) , so the increased timed aquizition reflects that eford and no money neeeded to create new .

Imo they should offer a dictionary instead. xd

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/14/2023 at 3:33 AM, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

The Devs stated they would not be creating any more 'animated' Legendary Armors.

And thank the Six for that! The raid sets look awful, except maybe the heavy one ... in its idle state. As soon as you get into action, you look like an alien transformer. 😆

On 5/14/2023 at 2:07 AM, Mardomus.6984 said:

The WvW Legendary Armor Appearance and the Mistforged appearance are very lack luster compared to the raid one(s).

Almost every legendary item looks lackluster compared to some of the non-legendary skins. Transmute them --> problem solved. 😉

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

2 hours ago, Biziut.3594 said:

Lol. Gatekeeping what? Are this toxic raiders bonking you with a stick each time you try to put your own LFG? xd

yeah just get kicked for a mistake fun fun

lfg expierenced only after raid a week out all that fun

2 k kp no gate keep at all

there is a reason raids are a dead game mode but stay delusional 

Edited by Balsa.3951
  • Like 1
  • Confused 12

I kinda felt like I was trolling my account progression playing wvw so much. I wanted the legendary armour and even have 3  light armour pieces of it. But I started raiding months after I started on my wvw gear and my pve heavy gear is already done. That's just a joke to me honestly. I still need some 20 hours or so of wvw a week to get all the chests done. That's just an absurd amount of time required. 

When I was looking at the time and cost in gold to craft each piece, wvw is just the worst. It costs the most, it takes the most time and the game mode itself gives you much less gold than just doing pve. Conversely the pve raid armour was cheaper to craft, quicker to do time wise even with weekly time gate and I had spare gold from the grind as well. I was just trolling myself going for wvw armour it felt like. 

The wvw rewards adjustment was nice until it got nerfed. PvE is just better for me to play if I want to be efficient with my time. I have barely touched wvw for months now, shame since I do enjoy the game mode but I have a goal of getting legendary sets done sooner than later and wvw is terrible for that. Once I am done with my armour sets I will probably wander back to wvw, But it's really sad the game mode is so poor feeling for newer players. 

And to top it all off yeah, the armour I spent months making looks really bland compared to the pve set. That really sucked. I don't get why the pvp and wvw sets look so dull and low effort vs pve. When it is meant to be a big end game achievement I think they deserved a lot better.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3