Taking a bird out to dinner

Vavume.8065

I did not expect to be forced into taking a female Tengu out to dinner, and even had the option to flirt with it..  eewww disgusting... where was the human female option? the story just reached a new low.

Edited by Vavume.8065
  • Like 4
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, Vavume.8065 said:

I did not expect to be forced into taking a female Tengu out to dinner, and even had the option to flirt with it..  eewww disgusting... where was the human female option? the story just reached a new low.

To be fair, you had multiple options 😉

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, Vavume.8065 said:

2 guys and a Tengu, you think that is fair options? I asked for the check ASAP and then slipped Min my number when Rama was not looking.

I believe your choices were a manly plant, a non-binary human and a female bird lol.
And besides, you didn't have to flirt if doing so bothered you. Just hang out with your friend/associate/stranger (depending on choice).

Edited by idpersona.3810
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, DarcShriek.5829 said:

He never said it scared him.  It's telling that you jumped to such a conclusion.

If you read the thread you see that OP is only interested in getting the hoo-man female at the end, a tired trope, but to each their own.

Threads and discussions like this is why I have always been against romance options in this game. It's player base is too diverse for that to actually work. If they had to ship the commander, they should have given us like 20 or 30 options to choose from, but that's a lot of work. So rather give us none of the options, so the player can create whatever ship they want to see in their head canon.

Anyway, OP absolutely disregards the option to just not romance whoever accompanies them to the epilogue scene. Which would have been the right choice for them. Instead they picked an option they didn't like and it made them worked up about it enough to make this rant thread.

• Like 6
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Omega.6801 said:

If you read the thread you see that OP is only interested in getting the hoo-man female at the end, a tired trope, but to each their own.

Threads and discussions like this is why I have always been against romance options in this game. It's player base is too diverse for that to actually work. If they had to ship the commander, they should have given us like 20 or 30 options to choose from, but that's a lot of work. So rather give us none of the options, so the player can create whatever ship they want to see in their head canon.

Anyway, OP absolutely disregards the option to just not romance whoever accompanies them to the epilogue scene. Which would have been the right choice for them. Instead they picked an option they didn't like and it made them worked up about it enough to make this rant thread.

It's only a tired trope if players don't want it.  If he's roleplaying a male human character, it's ok for him to prefer a human female.  To denigrate the poster because of his personal choice is just foul. 

Like you, I'm against romance in games like this.  Primarily because they are ALWAYS written horribly.

Edited by DarcShriek.5829
  • Like 6
  • Confused 3

37 minutes ago, DarcShriek.5829 said:

It's only a tired trope if players don't want it.  If he's roleplaying a male human character, it's ok for him to prefer a human female.  To denigrate the poster because of his personal choice is just foul. 

Like you, I'm against romance in games like this.  Primarily because they are ALWAYS written horribly.

You don't have to flirt with the person you pick though?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 5/23/2023 at 2:08 PM, Vavume.8065 said:

There was no human male version either.

Your options were animal, vegetable, or mineral.

We all were inconvenienced equally.

• Haha 7

i chose ayumi and it was actually rather nice, she's polite and charming, in a kind of nerdy way. i would've chose canach just for the gag value of it, but i don't really roll in that direction (he's gold though).

as i replied to another thread, its a bit weird complaining about the female choice being a tengu when the male choice is a plant guy, and honestly humans are just so overly done as a trope in games i think everyone is tired of it. even this game has over done it with humans being the main cosmetic focus, and the main storyline focus of two entire expansions and a living world season.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

i chose ayumi and it was actually rather nice, she's polite and charming, in a kind of nerdy way. i would've chose canach just for the gag value of it, but i don't really roll in that direction (he's gold though).

as i replied to another thread, its a bit weird complaining about the female choice being a tengu when the male choice is a plant guy, and honestly humans are just so overly done as a trope in games i think everyone is tired of it. even this game has over done it with humans being the main cosmetic focus, and the main storyline focus of two entire expansions and a living world season.

What's amusing is the people treating the choice as if it's a forced flirting situation/we are a couple now and going to do stuff.

That's only if you take those options.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

On 5/25/2023 at 5:14 AM, Kalavier.1097 said:

What's amusing is the people treating the choice as if it's a forced flirting situation/we are a couple now and going to do stuff.

That's only if you take those options.

What's also amusing is that Yao is human and nonbinary. Technically they fill both human gender roles, if you're not afraid of cyborgs.

Edited by Batalix.2873
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

5 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Of the options Canach was the only option anyone should ever pick.

Also: Rytlock should have been a choice.

Also Also: Jhavi should have been a choice for lovers of the big woman meme.

Rytlock/Jhavi wouldn't make sense in the context of "The get together is today/tonight, we need to find a partner for the commander to even out the groups." Being how they are in Ascalon and Shiverpeaks, not Cantha.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kalavier.1097 said:

Rytlock/Jhavi wouldn't make sense in the context of "The get together is today/tonight, we need to find a partner for the commander to even out the groups." Being how they are in Ascalon and Shiverpeaks, not Cantha.

Oh I know. I still would have liked Rytlock being involved in the whole healing process with a bottle of hooch and swapping war stories though.

• Like 2

I saw 3 options , didn't even read the two other , i just saw "canach" and hoped he will come in his new fancy costume , and i was not dissapointed .

What dissapoints me is that anet obviously took all the ressource of the story in that part , the rest of the story was blablabla collect crates , read some books , remind all the fellows you loosed 

Spoiler

who the hell is Vlast ... ah yeah the dragon we saw 30 secs and who act as a voiceover for nearly 50% of path of fire ...

and all the other "snowflake"and "cringe" stuff ... If that was the true ending of Eod , i will do like dragon ball Gt , pretend it no exist.

And for Rytlock ... he is not coming back guys , he is in crecia "care" now , so he is probably doing the dishes at home , and crecia after him with a whip , poor kitty ...

Edited by zeyeti.8347
  • Confused 4