The new story release is it just me or ...

Nightcore.5621

8 minutes ago, Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

It makes perfect sense to have her included.

Yes she did bad things, she also sacrificed herself to try to save everyone. Any person who has any sort of empathy for others can recognize her actions there as being heroic, even if her past actions were not.

The world doesn't exist in a black/white duality. Its full of nuance.

We will agree to disagree then

• Like 5

On 5/24/2023 at 8:35 PM, ilMasa.2546 said:

If I could I would have skipped every single line of dialogue, BUT ofc you cant.

So far so good i mean...
I decided to mute all the voices and dialogues. Story probably isnt that good anyway so yea.
Maybe one day anet will understand that some people dont care to listen to 10 unskippable minutes of Taimi blabbing about only god knows what.

It's amusing when people say (not you, others) "I skipped all dialogue, jeez story sucked"

9 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

She is lucky I didn’t kick her gravestone over. I certainly have no reason to mourn her as a mass murderer. An extremely bizarre decision to have her included. They really need to improve on their proof reading for these things.

You aren't mourning her though lol.

That's literally the point of the instance that so many people apparently didn't even look at.

On 5/24/2023 at 4:31 PM, oOCitadelOo.2381 said:

Big peeve of mine being at Arborstone .... and you can't place the Lady by the library itself... you put her down on the lowest level then have to go to the upper level and search for books. Like, the layout and plotting of characters were pretty lazy. And the crates were bugged for me, had to log out a few times until it worked correctly. 

I feel this is a lazy way of pushing content out.

That's because this is where she stands in Arborstone, since she wasn't added solely for this patch.

She was a quest NPC for a pretty lengthy mission concerning the remnants of the Kurzicks and their legacy in Cantha and beyond.

You want them to put her in a brand new place to save yourself the 15 seconds it takes to get up to the library on the second level?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, mandala.8507 said:

That's because this is where she stands in Arborstone, since she wasn't added solely for this patch.

She was a quest NPC for a pretty lengthy mission concerning the remnants of the Kurzicks and their legacy in Cantha and beyond.

You want them to put her in a brand new place to save yourself the 15 seconds it takes to get up to the library on the second level?

I think the person stated this as a demonstration of how this release was filled with alot of pointless pandering in order to stretch out game time, as can be assumed based on the second half of his post.

• Confused 1

On 5/25/2023 at 4:09 AM, TheRunningSquire.3621 said:

Main reason why a lot of people don't like it is because we were so used to fighting dragons, now since that's over, we have to get used to dragons not being in the story anymore.

That really wasn't the issue with "What Lies Beneath/Within". :classic_rolleyes:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Infinity.2876 said:

My main question: Why is Rama talking to us from the other side of Arborstone?

That was very funny. I thought he’d just failed to load, until you pointed out he was way over in the middle of the room.

• Like 2

I stopped having any expectation of the story a long time ago (all those minis of characters do you even remember 90% of them) but man this patch was a low bar I was even surprised of.  It's a little sad because part 1 was felt like it was kinda setting up something semi-decent too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, mandala.8507 said:

"This story chapter would be so short if you could skip all the story."

"I skipped all the dialogue and read no text blocks, man this update's story sucks and doesn't explain anything."

19 hours ago, Imba.9451 said:

I think the person stated this as a demonstration of how this release was filled with alot of pointless pandering in order to stretch out game time, as can be assumed based on the second half of his post.

Padding out the game time by... less then a minute with a teleporter being right there?

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, Kalavier.1097 said:

"I skipped all the dialogue and read no text blocks, man this update's story sucks and doesn't explain anything."

Padding out the game time by... less then a minute with a teleporter being right there?

Again: Reading.

Not just padding out gametime in this one instance, but by several "gameplay" section, that are ultimately busywork, wich adds up.

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Amanda Whitemoon.6173 said:

why was it just "the ravenous wanderer", why didnt it have a name, took me a few minutes into the bossbattle to realise this was the big boss of this storypart, thye could have given it a name

Because it was an ONI camping out on a ley-line, not some big bad with big motivations.

We barged into it's house, flipped the dinner table over, lured it outside and killed it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Amanda Whitemoon.6173 said:

but oni's can have names too right, why could it not have been named 'Bob, the ravenous wanderer', or invent some oni-lore/canthan lore name for it

Because it was meant to be a strong Oni, not some Oni with major lore importance or history? If you take the "Wanderer" part of the name as being well, part of it's title.

It's likely been wandering the depths and the caves and we just stumbled on it's newest lair.

Agree with OP. Also, this chapter had way too much random busywork that felt like filler content.The whole Kurzick runestone storyline and learning the incantation felt drawn out and unnecessary. In addition, the whole battle against the Ravenous Wanderer and its demons was very repetitive/copy-paste to the point where I got bored and stopped caring 3/4 of the way through the tunnel.

While the story is fine, I really hope they step it up in the expac in terms of gameplay, because the quality of the last two quarterly releases has just not been enough to keep me interested...

• Confused 1

On 5/26/2023 at 11:32 AM, Imba.9451 said:

Is the phantasm at the end fight always Tybalt? Because my character was with the vigil, and I had Tybalt.

Honestly, I am starting to undergo a change of how I feel about this game and franchise: For a long time, I was rather angry about the lackluster writing and wasted potential in the characters. But I slowly feel myself hovering towards insignificance, like I can bring myself less and less to care. And while I bought EoD at release, with a high dose of hopium inhaled, I have absolutely no interest to pick up the new expac as of now.

Wich makes me realy ambivalent. I WANT to care about the game. But I also try to tell myself: Let it go, more free time to work on your backlog of games.

I understand that. Sometimes I get frustrated cause it seems they still falter at advertising and marketing and coming off very much like the meme "indy dev studio" suggests. The efforts over the years has been VERY piecemeal and "small fish."

We can't get cutscenes? When we interact why can't the models actually touch and have some physics?

I got a bit of hopium left for the expansion and thats all i have left in me.

• Like 3