Thank you for Macaw Wings Anet

11 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Fitting for the month! ๐Ÿ˜„ Thanks Anet! ๐Ÿ™‚ย 

Now i just need to think up a fashion to implement them... ๐Ÿค”

I don't have that problem, some of my characters already have a theme which could charitably be called 'colourful'.ย ๐Ÿ˜„

(Although at the other extreme I also have a habit of making ones with mainly white + black and a pale accent colour or mainly black + white and a pale accent colour.)

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Essence Snow.3194 said:

So evidently paid core accounts don't get this one.

To be honest. EoD is 25 bucks. That's nothing these days when 70 Dollars are the new 60 Dollars for Games and most of these games having like 20h of content. "looks at Nintendo games"ย 

ย 

ย 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

To be honest. EoD is 25 bucks. That's nothing these days when 70 Dollars are the new 60 Dollars for Games and most of these games having like 20h of content. "looks at Nintendo games"ย 

ย 

ย 

My main has everything. I have multiple paid core alt accounts.

27 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

ย 

ย 

Are you saying that no one should be on a free account? Everyone should just pony up the money because it's nothing at all? Well what's wrong with a F2P account?

• Confused 7
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

As far as I know there's only one Switch game which officially sells for 70 USD. (And that's estimated to take around 50 hours to beat, and about 190 for 100% completion.)

But more importantly what another company charges for totally different games seems pretty irrelevant here. Anet set the prices for different versions of GW2 and are presumably ok with the fact that some people only have the base game since they sold it to them and haven't at any time required them to upgrade to keep playing.

Core game accounts (and sometimes even free ones) are normally included in gem store give-aways and other promos so it seems odd they're not included in this one. I assume it's because the gem store classifies the pack as a glider and it won't allow anyone to buy items they can't use, but it also includes the wings as a back item, which anyone can use so it seems like an oversight to restrict it to only accounts which have an expansion.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

Just now, Danikat.8537 said:

ย Anet set the prices for different versions of GW2 and are presumably ok with the fact that some people only have the base game since they sold it to them and haven't at any time required them to upgrade to keep playing.

Core game accounts (and sometimes even free ones) are normally included in gem store give-aways and other promos so it seems odd they're not included in this one. I assume it's because the gem store classifies the pack as a glider and it won't allow anyone to buy items they can't use, but it also includes the wings as a back item, which anyone can use so it seems like an oversight to restrict it to only accounts which have an expansion.

Agreed. It's odd that a core account can get a glider/backpack item from Black Lion Key, but when it comes to this...nope.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I don't have that problem, some of my characters already have a theme which could charitably be called 'colourful'.ย ๐Ÿ˜„

(Although at the other extreme I also have a habit of making ones with mainly white + black and a pale accent colour or mainly black + white and a pale accent colour.)

I have every character except thief, but i do the fashion "per equipment slot". ๐Ÿ˜›

That way i know at a glance what template i'm in. I don't like too many characters. I might make some fashion for my Fisherman. ๐Ÿ™‚ Would be maybe interesting. I usually default to "base + accent colors" type of deal, could be interesting to make something more colorful.

54 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

As far as I know there's only one Switch game which officially sells for 70 USD. (And that's estimated to take around 50 hours to beat, and about 190 for 100% completion.)

But more importantly what another company charges for totally different games seems pretty irrelevant here. Anet set the prices for different versions of GW2 and are presumably ok with the fact that some people only have the base game since they sold it to them and haven't at any time required them to upgrade to keep playing.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Gravitron.7982 said:

Well what's wrong with a F2P account?

Nothing is wrong with a F2P account. But GW2 is not a F2P game (but mainly: B2P) and the F2P accounts have many limitations because they are more like demo accounts.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Gravitron.7982 said:

Are you saying that no one should be on a free account? Everyone should just pony up the money because it's nothing at all? Well what's wrong with a F2P account?

Are you saying someone somehow deserves free vanity item by default because they're on a f2p account or what point are you trying to make?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 4