To anyone who spent thousands on rare infusions

Nice 😀😇
(I hate visual clutter without function)

edit: In battle I welcome the reduction of functionless visuals, but I don’t care if the tyria cities automatically switch to full effects to allow interested to show-out their expensive stuff. 🍾

Edited by Dayra.7405
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

If this is true (havent logged in yet), this is the best update since I've started playing.

edit: I changed my mind because I have some infusions in my bank I will never use anyway and the price will drop now.

Edit2: Its still probably the best.

Edited by Cuks.8241
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 9
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Hides legendary projectiles too, I don't mind seeing the cute Charr next to me's flying cats in Dragon Bash.

I did say it'd probably "be like FFXIV's or less" and it is in fact less than FFXIV's 😛

Can I get some on/off hotkeys? in FFXIV I generally always have effects turned on but the moment it gets too cluttered I can just press a button on my custom hotbar to turn them off/on.

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Doggie.3184 said:

Hides legendary projectiles too, I don't mind seeing the cute Charr next to me's flying cats in Dragon Bash.

I did say it'd probably "be like FFXIV's or less" and it is in fact less than FFXIV's 😛

Can I get some on/off hotkeys?

I should be grateful for this (and I really am) but Anet can we also hide legendary projectiles on ourselves? I dont like how they overwrite class unique animations. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Cuks.8241 said:

I should be grateful for this (and I really am) but Anet can we also hide legendary projectiles on ourselves? I dont like how they overwrite class unique animations. 

It hides all default bullets and arrows too though. 

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I like being able to see infusions. Can we have an option to disable combat effects but keep people their infusions? It could just be an extra option. That way, people can still hide infusions if they wish to.

Edited by Neiara.9362
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Hauser.2031 said:

spent over 110k on infusion over the years.  I bought them for me.  Simply didn't care if others liked them or seen them.  I think hiding them is a great idea.  I'm glad Anet did this.

yeah, 

I think a fable has been created around this subject, that there are people who care how others see them. I think it's a minority of the minority...

In reality, players who care about dress up are more concerned with immersion.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

not all cosmetic infusions, the Dragonvoid is confirmed to be un-affected by the feature, and may be the case for Crystal, Stoneskin, Frost legion, and other infusions that affect the entire characteer model and don't just add an effect like the Ghostly or Peerless infusion

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Parasite.5389 said:

not all cosmetic infusions, the Dragonvoid is confirmed to be un-affected by the feature, and may be the case for Crystal, Stoneskin, Frost legion, and other infusions that affect the entire characteer model and don't just add an effect like the Ghostly or Peerless infusion

Dragonvoid is affected. It is the reason I am making this post. My boyfriend mentioned how it disappeared so we tested it and I can definitely confirm it's hidden. It won't disappear right away when player effects are disabled, but reloading the infusion will.

Edited by Neiara.9362

7 hours ago, Neiara.9362 said:

The new option to hide player effects, also hides infusions. 

Im happy about this actually, this game is far to visually annoying. Dont get me wrong When im not raiding or doing wvw I will have the option to see all the flashy effects on, but when im doing raids or wvw it will be off because its a mess when all you see is visual vomit on the screen and trying to kill an enemy. Thats the great thing about options I can view it when I want and not be forced to go blind and cant see the boss or his effects , or get hit with a zerg of light flashes and particle effects in wvw. I rarely see the person just the effects. Also I dress my characters and put infusions on them for my benefit, not anyone else. So if people dont gawk at me I really dont care, the ones that care are the ones that got them to impress others to begin with. 

Edited by Artemis.8034
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

I could care less, since I'm not buying my infusions to impress anyone else.  I just have an idea for a certain look and want that look for a specific character for my own enjoyment. Whether anyone else can see it or not is largely irrelevant to me.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

As someone with chak infusion, I like this change. If someone does not want to see my infusions, I am happy they can turn it off. I do not use it for others, but because I like the particles it gives and the streak of light when I run with it. And I’m pretty sure most of the people with these expensive infusions feel the same way. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I like to watch other ppls fashion wars and sometimes infusions are integral part of it, but I also do not really like skill clutter. Wish this two would be separated. If I don't want to see infusions or see other players for some fps, I just set Character options to the lowest.

• Like 5