Remove. Class. Swapping.

Saiyan.1704

You can allow it in Ranked w/e.... rank is ranked, people will queue dodge and play minimum games all the way to top 25. Peak hours for them is after hours but all gucci.

....but for AT's and Monthly,

It.

Needs

TO BE.

REMOVED.

It is team vs team. Not, "Ok, time to stop this meme build of mine. It didn't work. I'll counter that condi build real quick 1 sec". I would honestly prefer it to be class locked but that's a whole different convo. For now, REMOVE CLASS SWAPPING MID GAME.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 4

47 minutes ago, Spellhunter.9675 said:

What you are saying is basically "I can't handle one more variable"

This is a really smart remark, look how smart I look extrapolating this on further examples:
Lagspikes? Lol dude just handle the extra variable.
Wintraders? Manage the variables bro.
Speedhackers? Come on its just a variable... 

Liberals can seethe and cope all they want, feels dont logic about your facts.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 4

2 hours ago, Bazsi.2734 said:

This is a really smart remark, look how smart I look extrapolating this on further examples:

I can do it too.

Remove differetn amulets because I can only play with zerk amu. This is unfair some people can use other amulets.

Remove classes. I can only play core necro, this if unfair people can play other classes.

Remove skill, I can only press autoattack, this is unfair players can press other skills.

Do you see the direction?

In your examples wintraders and speedhachers are truly unfair, because what they are doing is forbidden by the rules, so it can not (and should not) be variable for average player.

Lagspikes is technical issue, and actually this is variable most people have to deal with.

If we are going to listen every player who is unhappy with some intended and fair for everyone mechanic we will end with something stupid instead of a game.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 7

20 minutes ago, Spellhunter.9675 said:

I can do it too.

Remove differetn amulets because I can only play with zerk amu. This is unfair some people can use other amulets.

Remove classes. I can only play core necro, this if unfair people can play other classes.

Remove skill, I can only press autoattack, this is unfair players can press other skills.

Do you see the direction?

In your examples wintraders and speedhachers are truly unfair, because what they are doing is forbidden by the rules, so it can not (and should not) be variable for average player.

Lagspikes is technical issue, and actually this is variable most people have to deal with.

If we are going to listen every player who is unhappy with some intended and fair for everyone mechanic we will end with something stupid instead of a game.

Man you seriously think you made a point. That's adorable.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Removal is the only way to address the core root problems from re-occuring again and again. 

Aren't The Community tired of having to deal with these problems all the time?

How many more years do you need to see what is happening?

Seriously!!

Cause it I am including others

--I look forward to only see the word-Remove- in the next coming patch--

(Case Closed)

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Spellhunter.9675 said:

That is not what he is saying. He saying build your team, come with your practice, and do your best to make it work. He saying that your team is part of the equation in an AT (personally class swapping in ranked is absurd we should remove that too) and that your team comp is what the fight is about. Loosing based on a change mid match is corny. 

There is no other game that allows this. Also A+ for thoughtful and helpful feedback on the forum. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 6/7/2023 at 2:42 AM, Spellhunter.9675 said:

No, people that swap mid-game are saying: 

"I can't play the build that I chose well enough, so I'm just going to run away to the build that counters the whole entire team, even though they have to work through their downsides of their builds."

Seriously, people need to wake the hell up.

• Like 6

Class swapping is a crutch. Queue up with the class you intend to play as. 

Each class has multiple builds within themselves that appropriately act as counters to other builds, so there is no need for class swapping ever. It is by far one of the worst decisions Anet has ever made regarding pvp, with ranked duo queue being the other.

Also limit only one class per team. So no double stacking tempest/cata nonsense like we just had recently, or the 5x vindi infinite dodge team that was a thing for a hot minute.

With that being said though, PvP has been abandoned by Anet. We are all praying to dead gods.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

On 6/7/2023 at 12:46 AM, Bazsi.2734 said:

Lag spikes? Just learn to be so much better you can play with 1 second gaps.

Wintraders? Be good enough to win 4v5.

Speedhackers? Kill them so quick they can’t run.

This all just seems like a L2P issue to me. If you get better, all these issues become meaningless.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Lag spikes? Just learn to be so much better you can play with 1 second gaps.

Wintraders? Be good enough to win 4v5.

Speedhackers? Kill them so quick they can’t run.

This all just seems like a L2P issue to me. If you get better, all these issues become meaningless.

Yeah if everyone was just good enough to win 1v5's then there would be no issues. Ezpz. Perfectly balanced.

Come on guys, handle your variables. 😂

• Haha 1

Class swapping mid game is huge risk and its ok

There's a reason meta builds are meta, Because they are not gimmick that get hard countered easily so yea

Maybe stop playing with gimmicks

also no one is stopping you from swapping yourself

• Confused 9

20 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

Class swapping mid game is huge risk and its ok

There's a reason meta builds are meta, Because they are not gimmick that get hard countered easily so yea

Maybe stop playing with gimmicks

also no one is stopping you from swapping yourself

??????????

So let's take that logic with Cata which was absolutely broken and had the cooldowns/damage from a couple of months prior. So you're saying, everyone should swap to Cata and basically make it the most boring experience to date. Which, actually, if I recall people DID do that and made the forums/reddit/any other social media explode for a month or two.

Does that even sound right? Does that even sound like a game? Imagine if they had that in something like League? Do you know how fast Riot would patch something out like that? 

It blows my mind people just say: "o well you can do it too?" So when people jump off a bridge, you do it too? And before you say anything, no I don't give a kitten about rank because I stopped caring about plat games ages ago so this is not about struggling with the climb.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/7/2023 at 6:04 AM, Bazsi.2734 said:

Man you seriously think you made a point. That's adorable.

I apologize for every disagreement I ever had with you and my respect for you has increased 10 fold.

Divine blessings for real. 🙏

And to stay on topic
Yes, remove this dumb feature.  DuoQ right along with. And boom, playable game, we can all go back to collectively mutilating eachother over profession balance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/8/2023 at 12:03 PM, Waffles.5632 said:

Yeah if everyone was just good enough to win 1v5's then there would be no issues. Ezpz. Perfectly balanced.

Come on guys, handle your variables. 😂

Despite being named after the inferior bread based breakfast meal, this guy gets it. 

• Haha 2

Tbh I didn't even know you could class swap mid game. 

Does that mean you could... lets just say. Make 3 of the same class but with different builds. 

Figure out what build(s) you're fighting. 

Swap toons to counter them. 

If yes, that defeats the whole purpose of locking out build swapping mid game. So this should be classified as an exploit. 

• Like 5