SHOULD JUNE 27 BALANCE PATCH GO LIVE IN ITS CURRENT STATE?

Septimus Prime.6743

SHOULD JUNE 27 BALANCE PATCH GO LIVE IN ITS CURRENT STATE?  

286 members have voted

1. 1. Should June 27 balance patch go live in its current state?

• Yes, it seems fine to me!
    • Not in its current state! It needs more re-thinking!
    • I don't wanna see this patch NEVER go live because the changes are too drastic!

2 hours ago, Parasite.5389 said:

why do you think they've given us a Balance preview? it's so they can get out feedback on the changes before they go live and make changed if they need to

this is a voting system with 3 options/ I do not understand why you can not understand that??

Also, the forum post is not restricted to only 1 thread

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

Option 2.

This should not go live. This is a lot like the infamous June 2022 update. Nobody was happy while warriors were livid.

At least spellbreaker received a PvE dagger buff. Miniscule, but still coming out on top, compared to scourge.

• Sad 2

8 hours ago, Parasite.5389 said:

why do you think they've given us a Balance preview? it's so they can get out feedback on the changes before they go live and make changed if they need to

Sure. Funny how the last two patch preview threads got completely ignored and the patch went through as is though huh.

Edited by Xenesis.6389
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

56 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Sure. Funny how the last two patch preview threads got completely ignored and the patch went through as is though huh.

really? because heres a list of the changed they made to the May 2nd balance update after feedback

Game Update Notes: May 2, 2023

05/02/23—May 2 Release Notes

Items

• All Sandstorm hands and Destabilized Ectoplasm purchases now have a daily limit of 20.

Profession Skills

The balance changes shown in the April 21 preview are now live, with the following updates:

Guardian

Willbender

• Phoenix Protocol: This trait no longer increases the duration of resolve, in PvE only.

Ranger

• Stalker's Strike: Reduced cooldown from 15 seconds to 12 seconds in PvP only.
  • Crippling Talon: Increased bleeding from 3 stacks for 6 seconds to 4 stacks for 9 seconds in PvP only.

Revenant

Vindicator

• Death Drop: Increased power coefficient from 3.0 to 3.75 in PvE only.
  • Nomad's Advance: Increased power coefficient from 3.5 to 4.0 in PvE only. Reduced energy cost from 15 to 10 in PvE only.

Warrior

Berserker

• Smash Brawler: This trait now grants 15% (5% in WvW) increased critical-strike chance while in berserk mode in addition to its current effect.

while these changes were fairly light, your point is still wrong

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 8

18 minutes ago, Parasite.5389 said:

really? because heres a list of the changed they made to the May 2nd balance update after feedback

while these changes were fairly light, your point is still wrong

Oh yeah they made a couple minor numbers changes without talking to the community again. That's some real conversation between player and devs there.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

No I dont want anet to make quickness scrapper worst to play. Having quickness on leap/blast finisher going to tunnel us into even more mandatory skill. At least quickness on super speed give us choice for ou utility and we never have to take only gryo. Sure we needed at least 2, but thats fine, I m running 2 gyro for the super speed anyway, quickness or not.

• Thanks 1

On 6/11/2023 at 4:42 PM, Parasite.5389 said:

Why? Probably so we get angry earlier and go out of steam when the patch hits. They almost never listened to the feedback before, and if they did, it was usually only in the minor cases, (usually solved not in the way feedback suggested).  They mentioned more than once before, that by the time the pre-patch notes hit the forum it's already too late to revert most of the changes anyway, so the feedback to it is mostly pointless. The only reason why the feedback to patchnotes you mentioned got any reaction at all was because several other things (like the discord channel issue) blew up at the same time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

16 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Oh yeah they made a couple minor numbers changes without talking to the community again. That's some real conversation between player and devs there.

"Minor number changes" as a direct result of feedback, and which the playerbase in general agreed with.

We'll likely get a few adjustments for this one too.

Edited by Skyroar.2974
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

9 minutes ago, Skyroar.2974 said:

"Minor number changes" as a direct result of feedback, and which the playerbase in general agreed with.

We'll likely get a few adjustments for this one too.

Sure we will. The question is however whether the major issues will get addressed - in the past they usually weren't.

• Thanks 6
  • Confused 1

Sometimes I think the lack of communication It's partly the fault of those "players" who made death threats or wished for mass layoffs when Anet nerfed their precious Red-class several months ago.

And we all left paying for it.

Edited by AlPower.2476
  • Confused 8

8 hours ago, AlPower.2476 said:

Sometimes I think the lack of communication It's partly the fault of those "players" who made death threats or wished for mass layoffs when Anet nerfed their precious Red-class several months ago.

That would imply it’s a relatively new thing.

Truth is, status quo over the life of the game has leaned toward lack of communication. Occasionally someone at ANet announces they have a new policy of openness, which lasts a short while, then returns to the status quo.

I don’t think it’s due to any ill will. I expect most of the staff wants to communicate. But over the life of the game it appears ANet’s ambitions have always been larger than their resources, and when you don’t have enough time in your day, the first thing that goes is thorough communication.

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...

No, still needs Thief Dual Pistol Buffs, Deadly Aim Trait rework/return of Ricochet (no reason for the trait to reduce damage on all attacks from one of the lowest DPS weapon-sets and it makes it even worse when only 1 enemy is left~ it's likely been bugged/programmed wrong for years) and the annoying Shadowstep from Thief Scepter/Pistol 3 still needs removed for the patch to be fully ready to go.

Oh, and self-target for all types of Steal. 🙂

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Haha 2

On 6/13/2023 at 1:00 PM, Gibson.4036 said:

That would imply it’s a relatively new thing.

Truth is, status quo over the life of the game has leaned toward lack of communication. Occasionally someone at ANet announces they have a new policy of openness, which lasts a short while, then returns to the status quo.

I don’t think it’s due to any ill will. I expect most of the staff wants to communicate. But over the life of the game it appears ANet’s ambitions have always been larger than their resources, and when you don’t have enough time in your day, the first thing that goes is thorough communication.

I think even though there's a verbal commitment to more communication (and I really do appreciate what we're getting compared to before), there's a profound lack of detail when it comes to patch notes that are presented and supplied. It's really good if you rework a skill or trait to give us the actual specifics of what it now does, rather than just going "X skill has been reworked, it will now provide boons to party members when activated" - fantastic! What boons? How long? Is there an ICD? What's the area it applies them in?

We basically cannot prepare or accurately gauge reworks/tweaks as buffs/nerfs as we get a patch stream and are then kept in the dark for 2-3 weeks until we can see what's actually changed.

Just to grab an example from the patch notes:

Herald

• Elevated Compassion: This trait now grants boons to nearby allies while six or more points of upkeep are in use, in addition to its current effect.
  • Draconic Echo: This trait no longer grants boons when using a consume skill and instead causes facet passives to grant an additional bonus to the herald.

It doesn't really tell us what's getting granted, or for how long - I get that these are mentioned in passing on the patch note stream, but still in nowhere near enough detail to actually prepare for anything.

• Like 2

Even though I think that this patch still needs some work I voted for it to go live.

Give the patch two weeks to see how it plays out, then analyze if there's some heavy outliers.

For example if noone plays heal scourge or alac mirage anymore in PvE, or only very very few players. Then you can always do some hot fixes. Or schedule the next balance patch in two months to reiterate.

Edited by Nimon.7840
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

@GetFoxxed.9478 in this sence warr get just massive buffs from this patch. Reduced cds in n skills that would  get only reduced while take tactics or strength (means buff though defence Spellbraker and stuff). Dagger 5 is a hughe Defence buff. Quickness on burst  is just a buff (even while every other class also get Access). Rifle been able to use all their ammo skills with only 1 Seconds cd and rifle 4 is just an Instant Dodge now. Sword Burst is not a self root anymore. New bloody reaction will straight up buff Mace shield GS Defence zerker in PvP/WvW. Its like the only real nerfs are new Arc Divider (If it goes life with the said 2.5 Power scaling in PvE) and maybe no reduced CD for mending is a slightly nerf to Strength Warrior.

Edited by Myror.7521
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3