New wvw lockboxes devaluated

Polar.8634

Because contents of boxes are worth around 10-15s, most people sell them without opening. Price of box on TP is already 25s. With this, our new infusion "prestige" is being defvaluated too, would be funny if infusion worth 5k tickets dropped from boxes of total price 200-300g in the end.

While infusion looks cool and all, either decrease it's ticket price or improve box average drops, because this looks silly now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

A couple of optimists in my WvW squad suggested holding on to these boxes because the current rewards are so bad that surely Anet will start putting better rewards in them soon. Me, I just don't have that much faith in Anet. Still, the selling price of these lockboxes has fallen enough on the TP that I did hang onto the last two I got and I will save future ones in the foolish hope that we will eventually get something better out of them. One thing I do know for sure is that I am NOT buying any keys to open these boxes as things currently stand.  🙃

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chichimec.9364 said:

A couple of optimists in my WvW squad suggested holding on to these boxes because the current rewards are so bad that surely Anet will start putting better rewards in them soon. Me, I just don't have that much faith in Anet. Still, the selling price of these lockboxes has fallen enough on the TP that I did hang onto the last two I got and I will save future ones in the foolish hope that we will eventually get something better out of them. One thing I do know for sure is that I am NOT buying any keys to open these boxes as things currently stand.  🙃

They will just add new boxes with the same name as they did before

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

ha! Good one. Best I got was worth less than 3 silvers.

i just opened like 5 of them and seemengly got lucky. 3 silvers is low enough to throw them out actually. 

54 minutes ago, KrHome.1920 said:

According to the drop rates the boxes are fantastic for Soft Wood Log farming. 

Unsealed Mist-Hardened Lockbox/Drop rate - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

this makes infusions a joke. with such ticket price that is.

I would suggest anet to reduce infusion price to 500 tickets. i already bought few, much sad

• Confused 1

Boxes in general always contain majority trash and everything in WvW is a ticket grind--this is nothing new.  

What they probably should do is add a random amount of skirmish tickets to the actual boxes so you can open them and not be punished too much if you buy the infusion as you make tickets back by opening the boxes.

That's not gambling enough though, so they won't.  I just bought the infusion as have the only set of lege armor I want, enough for two confluxes, and 20k to spare...

10 hours ago, Polar.8634 said:

Because contents of boxes are worth around 10-15s, most people sell them without opening. Price of box on TP is already 25s. With this, our new infusion "prestige" is being defvaluated too, would be funny if infusion worth 5k tickets dropped from boxes of total price 200-300g in the end.

While infusion looks cool and all, either decrease it's ticket price or improve box average drops, because this looks silly now.

Haven't you notice the lockboxes didn't come with a "preview" like other boxes. Should have know it wasn't worth anything. Also the infusion looks lame.

• Like 1

Current lockbox price is 32/50s (sell/buy).
Box contents (without super rare drops accounted for): 4-6s

Absolutely no reason to open them. Right now it is 5 to 10 times more profitable to sell to players gullible enough to think they may get something good from them. That's really kind of sad.

• Like 5

On 6/15/2023 at 10:18 AM, KrHome.1920 said:

According to the drop rates the boxes are fantastic for Soft Wood Log farming. 

Just shows RNGuses. I open 50 get 0 guild siege. Guild mates open 5 and get 5 guild siege. Back to scribing I go.

ANet about that 30 seconds per each piece, can we reduce that to 0 or 1 second to watch the bar cross the screen? 250 Guild Cats = 2 hours and 5 minutes of nothing but tabbing in and out of game as you play Civ 6. Tried jumping in and out of WvW in 5 minute breaks but that just doesn't work out. Sorry, need to leave this fight now to drop more blueprints in, kthxbai!

• Haha 1

According to the current values of items listed there, the median worth you get is around 60 copper. That's laughable.
Also, I can't drop the Feasts into the guilds storage, because there are different from the regular crafted feasts... why?
I would happily store my guild siege from the boxes to the guild storage, but that is something the game does not support, as you can only withdraw.
Right now, the only reasonable thing to do is stack the boxes in your storage and wait for a revised loot table. Perhaps ANet can register how many are opened and if nobody puts them on the TP it might be a small protest we can start, just to feel better in our disappointment.

Edited by Gorani.7205

5 hours ago, Gorani.7205 said:

According to the current values of items listed there, the median worth you get is around 60 copper. That's laughable.

Just imagine if someone a month ago had told you that Anet will give you a box that contain the loot of a single synthesizer and players would buy them in the thousands on the TP for 30s+.

They'd think you where mad.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2023 at 5:26 PM, idpersona.3810 said:

Current lockbox price is 32/50s (sell/buy).
Box contents (without super rare drops accounted for): 4-6s

Absolutely no reason to open them. Right now it is 5 to 10 times more profitable to sell to players gullible enough to think they may get something good from them. That's really kind of sad.

I'm estimating they average out to about 18-20s with rare items included. (wiki one is off due to the drop rate of the ball of mist charged essence being unknown). 

Also keep in mind that the WXP items dont have a value to them, even though they technically do, as you get either a half a level up or a full level and associated bonuses for that. Not sure how exactly to value the booster though. 

Edited by Draygo.9473

On 6/15/2023 at 5:15 PM, Polar.8634 said:

i just opened like 5 of them and seemengly got lucky. 3 silvers is low enough to throw them out actually. 

this makes infusions a joke. with such ticket price that is.

I would suggest anet to reduce infusion price to 500 tickets. i already bought few, much sad

Looking at drop rate for WvW related items like Guild Blueprints, boosters and Guild Banners, Arena Net surely have done hard work to not give those away...*disappointed voice*

PvE stuff like mats and so can have lower drop rate in WvW for what I care as those can be obtained from synth nodes and other sources, but WvW Blueprints are still useful only in WvW. Guild Banners is something that are useful for gaining buff in all game modes, but still worth to keep as something that adds motivation to play any game mode (PvP, WvW and PvE).

Drop rate of Infusion is too low with only 0 found out of 500 Boxes. Yes it is only from 500 samples [as reported for 2023-06-18 at 0:12 midnight] which isn't a large enough size of samples to tell if this is just those that reported that have been very unlucky or if this is a group that is unhappy and reported nil as for Infusions.

What also would be interesting is how many keys that we will get from just playing without using any currency to obtain and in that case what content that those boxes have had as to show if those WvW Infusion is at possible to get only from playing without sacrificing Skirmish tickets.

Edited by ShadowCatz.8437