How do you feel about each of the controversial new features?

Using this template:

Open World Legendary Armor:

Easier Skyscale:

More Weapon Choices for All:

Runes and Relics:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For me:

This is good because there will be less afkers/semi afkers in WvW and PvP that only played for legendary armor. The raid scene will take a hit, but it was already declining anyway. I do a lot of WvW so actually looking forward to this.

Easier Skyscale:

This is probably good. I just can't see my casual friends/families committing to the current skyscale grind if they were to start playing gw2. Let's be honest, they would lose interest and just quit.

I am neutral on this. The try hard min maxers like myself will just gravitate towards the new top builds following the meta as usual while the casual role players have more options. Happy for them. Reminds me of GW1.

Runes and Relics:

This is bad in my opinion. It is most likely a power creep and raises the monetary ceiling on "maxing out a build" for everyone. That goes against the original game philosophy I think.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

Open World Legendary Armor: The crybabies won again. I hope it will at least take some time. Also: I can't wait for the "this is still too hard for me, where's the legendary armor from fishing"-threads.

Easier Skyscale: Same but to a lesser degree. I like what they're planing to do with the masteries though.

More Weapon Choices for All: Cool! It will be a balancing nightmare and I don't expect them to be creative on what the weapons do but sure, why not.

Runes and Relics: Betrayal. Legendary Relic at launch for players who have 6/7 legendary runes, anything else is a slap in the face to some of the games most dedicated players.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 30
  • Sad 4

My only 2c so far is that I'd much prefer they skip new weapons entirely and focus on new mechanics (eg, masteries, new wvw content, etc) rather than go halfway to elite specs by giving us new weapon combos without the specs.

I very much doubt anyone from Anet will see this, but I worry a great deal that they aren't going to provide enough content on what will be (without new elite specs) a content-dependent 'expac'. 

Hoping y'all can pull it off... Finger's crossed.

• Like 6
  • Confused 5

Seems a good idea to me.  Lots of people hit the content end when they can't or won't do raids and pvp.  So this seems an easy bit of extra stuff people can do

Easier Skyscale:

I feel the grind is overblown, but I have gotten to use it for years.  It's fine, basically it's devaluing over time and now it's cheap enough for everyone.  And content that is actually for flying, yeah sounds great.  I just hope griffon has a place and isn't being replaced by skyscale.

I wonder if this means core builds will now have access to more weapons as well.  This change might suddenly make core builds good again.

Runes and Relics:

I agree its a different kind of monetary creeping up.  And makes builds even more needlessly complicated.  

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Open World legendary armor / easier skyscale
Low effort "key feature" from the team throwing bones at the most casual really.

I don't care about skyscale being easier to access in itself, its not needed blabla, still nice, dont care about so called "prestige" of unlocking it old school ; but I care that one of the "key feature" is a small patch (literally 2.0 skyscale mastery) for content that already exist. Ironically that might be the most exciting part to me atm, theres potential for shenanigans as you mount / dismount mid raid / strike.
Also potential for griff races since the updraft / leyline mentions in the new skyscale mastery both says "FLYING MOUNTS" and not just skyscale 😀

However a legendary armor isnt "content", its a tool for people that changes specs / characters on a regular basis - more often than not to adapt to a group's needs. Something hardly anyone but people that already do raids / strikes do. I just don't see the need.
Also on the long run, prepare for price inflation since not even casuals will have a reason to craft more than 1 armor thats not leg.

More weapons
I'm mixed, more choices is technically nice but it's hard to tell which is nice and which is a silly gimmick until we see the spells. I'm more excited at the mention we'd be able to mix and match (weapons?) skills - waiting for more infos on that

Runes and relic
out of the loop cant say, might edit then

Edited by Taclism.2406
  • Like 4
  • Confused 6

i just know that i bought the new expac as soon as i logged in 😄

very excited for the new content and features.

Buuut... is it me or are they changing the core maps? I hope it's like a strike mission or smth, because core tyria is the reason i still play this game 😄

• Like 5
  • Confused 4

I like it. I enjoy open world content more than instanced content. That's what MMO's ought to be about, at least to me, and I hate how much content in modern MMO's is instanced.

Easier Skyscale:

I don't really care. I'd like some sort of legacy skin or something as a salute to the players who actually did the grind, but at the end of the day, it's necessary for new players to catch up and access the latest content where the rest of the community is.

I think it's cool. I hope it'll open up room for a larger and more interesting diversity of builds.

Runes and Relics:

I have no strong opinions. I think that a lot of my opinion will come down to how they implement the new system. It's been a minute since I played so I don't think I'm familiar enough to pass judgement on this change.

• Like 9
  • Confused 1

Leg Armor: I think this could be a positive if it's implemented well. If it requires players to participate in metas or being active in the new zones, then it could go a long way to improving on that feeling of emptiness that I felt in most of the EoD maps. Either way, I would like to see that the armor is locked behind actually achieving something by overcoming obstacles, whether solo or in a group, as opposed to simply being a participation award for showing up enough times (like the poor implementation of WvW and PvP armor). It should be a prestigious item with appropriate requirements.

Skyscale: Probably for the best if the maps end up being built around aerial traversal.

New Weapons: Could be fun, I'm all for it.

Relics: Runes needed to be addressed at some point - I'm not sure if this is the ideal fix, but we'll have to wait and see.

• Like 2

1. I have all 3 weights legendary armors. No content for me here unless they make a way to acquire the skins.

2. I have it. No content for me. Though 100%  a good move by Anet helping new players.

3. Really enjoyed Firebrand and Mechanist so I look forward for new builds.

4. I don't know what to say about ....we will see.

Overall seems like Anet made an expansion reusing features already in game. Imo not a bad idea but I hope Anet will think about long term players and  keep us busy, 2 strikes + 1 fractal is a promising start, hope they will add more.

Already preordered.

Edited by Cobra.6509
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Efar.8153 said:

Buuut... is it me or are they changing the core maps? I hope it's like a strike mission or smth, because core tyria is the reason i still play this game 😄

Dont worry it will be up in the sky core maps will stay the same on the bottom floor.

• Confused 1

• Pretty good idea, adds more variety to the game and gives veterans something else to work towards if they are interested in the skins (assuming they already have legy armor)

Easier Skyscale:

• Kind of expected given the flying based map, it really wouldn't make sense to make new players go through the original grind. I'll take a skin for obtaining the Skyscale the old fashioned way

• This is pretty nice since they are pretty saturated in terms of elite specializations right now

Runes and Relics:

• Interesting idea, but I really hope they don't forget about legendary runes and implement a legendary relic for anyone who has or will craft 6 or more legendary runes in the future
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Cobra.6509 said:

1. I have all 3 weights legendary armors. No content for me here unless they make a way to acquire the skins.

2. I have it. No content for me. Though 100%  a good move by Anet helping new players.

3. Really enjoyed Firebrand and Mechanist so I look forward for new builds.

4. I don't know what to say about ....we will see.

Overall seems like Anet made an expansion reusing features already in game. Imo not a bad idea but I hope Anet will think about long term players and  keep us busy, 2 strikes + 1 fractal is a promising start, hope they will add more.

Already preordered.

Sadly that is all your getting for a year until next august when you can buy 2+1 maps, fractal and 2 strikes that will last you another year bud.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Sadly that is all your getting for a year until next august when you can buy 2+1 maps, fractal and 2 strikes that will last you another year bud.

True looks like the new "direction" is less content for same money....but now I'm playing Aion classic (15 years old game) paying 10 euro/month, so if this expansion will give me something to do for 6 month should be fair enough for me. 

• Like 1

Open World Legendary Armor: LOVE THIS! I'd given up on ever getting legendary armor, being too bad for raids and disliking pvp in all its forms. Now I'm planning out which weights to get first! Also, glad they're giving obsidian armor the respect it deserves 😉

Easier Skyscale: this is fine with me, speaking as someone who did the terrible timegated grind when it first came out. If the skyscale is easier to get, then Arenanet is free to design maps with it in mind without frustrating players who haven't gotten or can't get it the original way.

More Weapon Choices for All: liking this too! I hope it's a step toward all weapons for all professions. Balancing nightmare? Maybe, but I think it's worth it.

Runes and Relics: I don't quite understand this enough to have a strong opinion on it. I think I like it? My main concern is the acquisition method for relics. I hope they can all be crafted, even if the recipes for them come from difficult content, or are at least unbound and can be bought and sold.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Dunno about the runes, it just seems like bloat. Would be good to not have to craft a legendary relic after crafting 6 legendary runes.

Dunno about weapons, seems like furher deleting spec identity. I assume most new weapons wont see much use, just like most current weapons dont. So why add more when already failing with the current state?

For the armor, good. I'm already full legendary but I'm happy for other players.

For the skyscale, same. Happy for others who wont have to wait a month on the quartz. Its not really a premium mount as some are calling it, at this point its a mandatory mount.

• Like 9

Open World Legendary Armor: Justified. WvW, PvP, raids might not seem like a big deal for some of us, but not everyone does them. An alternate pathway is fine. I don't expect it'll really be easier - legendaries are always expensive. Most likely it'll actually take longer than raid armor would, if you were doing raids. That makes sense to me.

Easier Skyscale: This makes sense too. If you want an expansion to have a lot of aerial content, you're going to need a way to get about. They could settle for gliding, but they want to show off their mount system since it's supposed to be a pretty good one. The skyscale is the most accessible flying mount, so... it's gonna need to be easier to get for people to be able to enjoy the content.

More Weapon Choices for All: Eh. Most classes already have weapons that rarely get used; this is only going to exacerbate the problem. It's not the end of the world, obviously, but I feel like the extra choice will only be an illusion.

Runes and Relics: Not liking this one. I made legendary runes so I didn't need to craft stuff anymore, and now I'm going to need to craft stuff again. Sigh.

Edited by Sirius.4510
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Omega.6801 said:

Also: I can't wait for the "this is still too hard for me, where's the legendary armor from fishing"-threads.

thought this comment was downright funny.  We know it's coming or some variation of it. 

I don't mind them making it easier for those who still need leg armor.  These changes remind how they made gwamm so much easier to get, but they also did that shortly before GW2 came out.  Which has me wondering what's up.

Edited by Hauser.2031
  • Like 2
  • Confused 7

6 hours ago, Omega.6801 said:

Open World Legendary Armor: The crybabies won again. I hope it will at least take some time. Also: I can't wait for the "this is still too hard for me, where's the legendary armor from fishing"-threads.

This. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 9

Open World Legendary Armor: If Anet can make it remain competitive with other legendary armor,  fair enough. But I can only see End of Raids.

Easier Skyscale: This is not a good sign, but I understand why people want that. But if epic mount becomes easy to get, I will lose some sense of achievement when it's done.

More Weapon Choices for All: Maybe the most unbalanced patch soon.

Runes and Relics: Acceptable. But unfortunately, Anet choose the easiest way to rework runes.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

Open World Legendary Armor:  Good idea.  The PvP and WvW sets only require time.  The same is mostly true for the raid set if you are willing to hammer away at it with training groups.  The only part that is challenging is the achievements for Deimos and to a lesser degree Cairn.   If I get the expansion the new designs are good enough that I might build a set just to unlock the skin.

Easier Skyscale: Skyscale was more annoying than fun to earn.  Again, good idea.  Things should be fun.

More Weapon Choices for All: This interests me enough to maybe get the expansion instead of waiting to see if the low number of maps are any good.

Runes and Relics: Good concept with horrible execution.  When is the last time you heard someone excited about farming for runes?  It sucks.  Sometimes it felt like punishment.  Yet people do it because they want the bonus.  In the announcement they even mentioned various requirements etc.. so its just another gating mechanic.  Go suffer in order to get something fun.  The best part of making legendary runes was no longer having to do specific farms in order to get the set bonus anytime I wanted to try something new.  Now they remove the best part and add kitten farms in order to get it back in the form of a relic.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Efar.8153 said:

"Come one workers, that's how it's done!" I'll never forget the first time I got downed to this fire elemental hero challenge back at launch. My squishy ele thought he was the master of fire, but the aoes stacked and nearly one shot me. I'm torn, but I agree, better to have events added and only add new maps. Changing the old hearts and the like is not a great idea. Old tyria is so much fun, even my non gamer gf often points out how nice it would be to live in a world like that. Hehe It's very immersive.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Open World Legendary Armour:

About time. Every other game mode had one (albeit PvP & WvW without skin) aside from OW. Guess it took so long because they wanted to implement a way to earn it akin to raids instead of just throwing it into the game like PvP & WvW.

People clamouring that this will be the end of raids don‘t get that raids themselves failed to be exciting for the vast majority. If the reason people played raids was to get the armour and not because they are enjoyable, then something with the game mode was off.

Easier Skyscale:

Makes sense. Has been in the game long enough & it is hard for new players to keep up with the skyscale. I don‘t mind new people having an easier access to the skyscale.

I expected this after they told us there wouldn‘t be new e-specs. Didn‘t expect the extra core weapon. Exciting news imo. Games should be fun, first and foremost. Balance will be a problem, but when was it ever not? Not even games that focus on one map are ever really balanced & there will always be meta picks. Fun > Balance.

Runes and Relics: 

Can‘t really judge this, will need to wait to see how it is implemented.

Edited by Raknar.4735
  • Like 9
  • Confused 6

To me the new expansion screems: "Buy me now"

New legy armory: All of them looking for real good ( I also Like the medium and light ones of the old legys but the heavy one was Just pure Trash to me) i rly wana Grind them even while i do not like to grind things at all (PvP Main)

Easier to get Dragonscale: Was just needed even while I get it allready. The old way was just pure stupid things to do (3 Times running though a big Map and find things was the meant stupid thing) so making this easier to get is a big plus

New Rune Mechanic: hmm idk it open the window for more build crafting. Aside this it will maybe going to Power creep the Game. I gues we need to see.

More Weapon Choices: Love it! New Builds incoming. Means more Build Crafting and stuff. (But also more things to Balance out)

Edited by Myror.7521
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1