End of EOD content?

BobbyT.7192

4 hours ago, BobbyT.7192 said:

Guess there's not going to be any content related to Raisu Palace or the unchained that is there?

I am extremely sad about it, too. Overall, Cantha was a real disappointment.

I had been so excited to return to those glorious lands of Cantha that I remembered as being full of legend, myth, magic and adventure... only to end up in a mostly dumbed down, technologically overloaded version of its former self.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 3

On 6/29/2023 at 9:23 PM, Ashantara.8731 said:

I had been so excited to return to those glorious lands of Cantha that I remembered as being full of legend, myth, magic and adventure... only to end up in a mostly dumbed down, technologically overloaded version of its former self.

That feeling of legends and myths.. i feel ya. I never forget how it was to play a ritualist/necro in those lands. The samurai palaces. Pfff such a miss.

• Like 3

I'm guessing Raisu will be tied in with the Deep See Monster's mini-expac once that comes around (possibly together with the Battle Isles). But right now, the story seems to be going in a completely different Mists/Gods direction. Maybe after we're done with that? Still (if we do end up getting it), it's probably 1-2+years away, assuming they do separate Mists + Gods expacs.

Edited by Poormany.4507

10 hours ago, Poormany.4507 said:

I'm guessing Raisu will be tied in with the Deep See Monster's mini-expac once that comes around (possibly together with the Battle Isles). But right now, the story seems to be going in a completely different Mists/Gods direction. Maybe after we're done with that? Still (if we do end up getting it), it's probably 1-2+years away, assuming they do separate Mists + Gods expacs.

Oh well, if we ever return to Cantha, I hope it will be to one of those beautiful historical places and not modern Cantha.

• Like 3
  • Confused 4

this isn't living world anymore; they were very unlikely to do another expansion themed directly after the previous expansion. going forward we'll have to accept that each major content release will likely be a complete departure from the previous one.

its the cost of no longer having a single, monolithic storyline, and its exactly what players wanted.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

On 7/4/2023 at 6:19 PM, Poormany.4507 said:

And I'm guessing this is optimistic beyond reason. Then again, I would have said the same thing about visiting the Wizard's Tower, so maybe the new content structure/schedule leaves more room for revisiting things that weren't done quite right the first time.

On 6/29/2023 at 2:23 PM, Ashantara.8731 said:

I still haven't reached Cantha in my playthrough of GW1, but this is what I'm afraid of most when it comes to current Anet getting their hands on longstanding Core Tyria "mysteries." One of the most compelling things about Garenhoff was the low key sense of... "something is off" about the town. I'm getting the sinking feeling that none of that will matter to Anet, and it'll just be "oh the good guys always lived up there, but now they need your help Brave Adventurer! That's why for the first time ever they're letting people in. What's that you say about the town that kind of cultishly worships me, and these elemental slave-creatures? Nah, doesn't matter. Stop asking questions, we'll never answer them anyways."

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

On 7/10/2023 at 9:34 AM, HotDelirium.7984 said:

Hey, we NEVER thought we'd get an expansion based on the Wizard's Tower omfg some of us had been waiting 10 years for something like this so if THAT'S possible, anything is. On some level were going back to central Tyria (and above it) so we can certainly go near Cantha again someday.

It's been like 18 years

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/18/2023 at 8:42 PM, Ubi.4136 said:

Wait till they get bored and start down the Stargate SG-1 path for content.  "Guys, some new monsters appeared through this "rift/gate", we're gonna send a team back through it to see what's causing it."

Thought that's the next expansion about. The Ori.

• Confused 1