Weapon mastery is trash for war

Lighter.5631

yea, after i got home from work and actually tried it.

what's the point? none of the warrior weapons even matter in anything.

Longbow willbender is fun, shortbow vindicator is fun too, or you could use leap finisher on dodge on daredevil and combo with rifle, with new weapons, they got so many new and interesting ways to play existing elite specs.

What's the point for warrior? the entire elite spec weapon roster is lackluster, it's just doing damage and that's it. 

0 utility 0 style difference, the entirety of warrior functions are stacked on to burst skills.

also, warrior utilities are very similar in playstyle too.

there's literally 0 new interesting styles to be found because everything plays the same, except bladesworn, which has no weapon burst skill, so it exposes the warrior's design flaw of having incredibly weak weapon skills and utilities and in turn makes weapon unlock also pointless, because every weapon sucks with it

and i thought off-hand pistol would bring a difference in PvP, but actually no, without the sustain of bladesworn and tactical reload, off hand pistol is unplayable just like off hand axe and off hand dagger

gs/dagger/shield berserker is just a lesser power spellbreaker that demands 5x adrenaline, and you have to swap off utilities like bullcharge for berserker stance/signet of fury, because you literally have 0 adrenaline to keep up with the same gameplay, which is has been power berserker's big playability problem regardless having weapon unlock or not.

Torch is pointless on all specs other than berserker, because all elite spec else only do power damage, imagine having elite specs that can actually maybe also do condi damage or even support.

there are minimum gameplay differences across all specs, except bladesworn where no weapons work.

dagger on bladesworn turns into another mace without burst skill, that does close to nothing, just have a 450 range leap instead of a block.

this is really disgusting. warrior is already the least played profession in modern GW2, this new feature will definitely kill it and all the bad designs start to stack up, where you have nowhere to force fake diversity, imagine they free up utilities next. it's going to be worse.

no one is trying warrior, because everybody knows warrior will suck.

i've being hoping and hoping for some actual gameplay diversity and satisfying warrioring since the release of HoT, never gotten any.

and i'm done hoping.

there may be some strong build because you basically just combine 3 versions of the same thing and take the best parts..but in the end, it's still the same play style, the same role, the same function

i never imagined myself saying this, but yea, i don't think i'll bother with the next expansion unless it's on sale.

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 10
  • Sad 1

Yes, Warrior will be left behind in weapon master by the nature of most of its especs giving off hands and the competing options already being good. We are going to get more stuff in an already crowded spot while our mainhand slots have missing opportunities/niches that Warrior could greatly benefit from.

The next xpac will heavily depend on how staff is implemented for Warrior. More so than most other specs for this very reason. 

• Like 2

I mean I've been having fun with dagger berserker but that's just me. I like their primal burst skill on that, and the fact dagger now gives me more CC options as well for a one hander considering the other options are fairly weak afaik. I haven't tried the other two specs but there's build potential even in torch or pistol spellbreaker.

Do i wish we got unique skills per elite spec or baseline? sure but I also went in with low expectations with this not being the case as well. Who knows, maybe they'll add more in later.

Edited by KindredPhoenyx.8976

2 hours ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Yes, Warrior will be left behind

left behind is an understatement, warrior was left behind over a long time now and never really made any strides to catch up. after this, its just over.

given their record, i can confidently say they won't even put any real effort to catch warrior up. as they have done over the years.

just put out some stupid excuses and reasons.

i'm done, wasn't worth a decade, should've quit after the first couple years honestly, the rest of it was a waste of time.

Edited by eXruina.4956
  • Like 4
  • Confused 3

5 minutes ago, eXruina.4956 said:

left behind is an understatement, warrior was left behind over a long time now and never really made any strides to catch up. after this, its just over.

given their record, i can confidently say they won't even put any real effort to catch warrior up. as they have done over the years.

just put out some stupid excuses and reasons.

i'm done, wasn't worth a decade, should've quit after the first couple years honestly, the rest of it was a waste of time.

There's a big wide world of games out there!

All but two mmos are viable (guess what they are!). The days of mmos being viable competitors to WoW are over. Hype trains can pretend to say otherwise.  If there is a big lesson I've learned is that mmos aren't worth it. To use an analogy, like any restaurant that lost its way over the years while you were a regular, you're better off just cooking at home.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

This is probably going to be nerfed, but Core Warr has a SIX boon removal on level 3 Dagger Burst. 4 on 2 and 2 on 1.

I would argue that a tanky build with good adrenaline generation would annoy people in PvP, but i do agree that beyond Daggers, the rest of the weapons aren't that good for us. They REALLY need to give a weapon pass to bring some of the weapons to 2023, and while Warrior isn't the only class with that issue, it's the class with the biggest number of outdated skills on weapons ( Swords, Maces, Greatsword, Rifle ).

• Thanks 2

Anet: Warriors are masters of weaponry who rely on speed, strength, toughness, and heavy armor to survive in battle ...........

Eleven years later. (Spongebob voice-over 🧽)

Anet: Okay, lad. Lets start the training to be the Great Weaponmaster finally !💪💃
The lad: By allowing to take 2 sets of weapon like most of other classes from 11 years ago?
Anet: Noted. Nerf incoming.
The lad: Never mind, you have already introduced Bladesworn.
Anet: Noted. (Deleting Greatsword, Hammer and, main hand Axe and Sword)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

I will admit, I was excited to hear about the possibilities...but started to really consider what they meant for balance and future prospects.

I feel a portion of the balancing of the elite specs were the weapon they gained access to, not only for flavor and lore, but fitting mechanically along with the spec's gameplay loop.  What it usually means is, if a spec or its weapon was tuned high or heavily reliant on it for theme, the rest would be balanced around that.

I don't care who likes Thief rifle now that you can use Judgement on the move, it was dumb to change it and now it's watered down and sterilized for use on other specs. This was a mistake along with a lot of other changes that we'd probably have to inspect how we got to where we are now. Sometimes having limitations is better for creativity and style than unlimited resources. 

I think the Warrior specs and weapons that have been adjusted over time should have been a clue of their plan...

I dunno, maybe now the devs will finally give Warrior 5sec weapon swap baseline to keep that "weapon master" flavor lol

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Lighter.5631 said:

yea, after i got home from work and actually tried it.

what's the point? none of the warrior weapons even matter in anything.

Longbow willbender is fun, shortbow vindicator is fun too, or you could use leap finisher on dodge on daredevil and combo with rifle, with new weapons, they got so many new and interesting ways to play existing elite specs.

What's the point for warrior? the entire elite spec weapon roster is lackluster, it's just doing damage and that's it. 

0 utility 0 style difference, the entirety of warrior functions are stacked on to burst skills.

also, warrior utilities are very similar in playstyle too.

there's literally 0 new interesting styles to be found because everything plays the same, except bladesworn, which has no weapon burst skill, so it exposes the warrior's design flaw of having incredibly weak weapon skills and utilities and in turn makes weapon unlock also pointless, because every weapon sucks with it

and i thought off-hand pistol would bring a difference in PvP, but actually no, without the sustain of bladesworn and tactical reload, off hand pistol is unplayable just like off hand axe and off hand dagger

gs/dagger/shield berserker is just a lesser power spellbreaker that demands 5x adrenaline, and you have to swap off utilities like bullcharge for berserker stance/signet of fury, because you literally have 0 adrenaline to keep up with the same gameplay, which is has been power berserker's big playability problem regardless having weapon unlock or not.

Torch is pointless on all specs other than berserker, because all elite spec else only do power damage, imagine having elite specs that can actually maybe also do condi damage or even support.

there are minimum gameplay differences across all specs, except bladesworn where no weapons work.

dagger on bladesworn turns into another mace without burst skill, that does close to nothing, just have a 450 range leap instead of a block.

this is really disgusting. warrior is already the least played profession in modern GW2, this new feature will definitely kill it and all the bad designs start to stack up, where you have nowhere to force fake diversity, imagine they free up utilities next. it's going to be worse.

i've being hoping and hoping for some actual gameplay diversity and satisfying warrioring since the release of HoT, never gotten any.

and i'm done hoping.

there may be some strong build because you basically just combine 3 versions of the same thing and take the best parts..but in the end, it's still the same play style, the same role, the same function

i never imagined myself saying this, but yea, i don't think i'll bother with the next expansion unless it's on sale.

You've reached pretty much the same conclusions as me regarding the weapons. However, I will disagree on the utilities. Some of warrior's utilities are better than other classes' utilities. So warrior might actually benefit from having utilities freed up since they can easily be used in tandem compared to weapons. It is not really the utilities where warrior suffers, it's the weapons. One, a number of warrior weapons suck. Two, the weapon skills are tied to weapon-swapping and adrenaline. The utility side of the skill bar doesn't have this obligation.

15 hours ago, Lighter.5631 said:

and i'm done hoping.

Well, you have much more patience than I. And reading your posts, you're one of the most critical around here regarding warrior. I, on the other hand, have stopped giving gw2 money last year. (I still didn't buy EoD!) And from the recent bait-and-switch with this disastrous update and subsequent 4th expansion announcement, that trend will certainly continue! And that's regardless of trying to entice us with a staff. I personally refuse to be a consumer sheep.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

There's a big wide world of games out there!

All but two mmos are viable (guess what they are!). The days of mmos being viable competitors to WoW are over. Hype trains can pretend to say otherwise.  If there is a big lesson I've learned is that mmos aren't worth it. To use an analogy, like any restaurant that lost its way over the years while you were a regular, you're better off just cooking at home.

my confuse emoji spamming stalker desperately needs those recomendations, and i can see i'm not the only one he's been targeting. 🤔

the poor sob probably has more fun harassing people in the forums than playing gw2. imagine buying multiple accounts just to harass people in the forums, anet makin' $$$ right there. 🤣

yeah i'm also swearing off most modern games, the microtransaction side is getting out of hand and marketing is badly influencing the game designs. they're not owning up to quality.

i will mostly opt to play titles i can play offline now, there are many older titles that beat the crap out of modern day releases. with tons of replayability. they're well designed and don't get old.

*that is the plan anyway. 🤣

Edited by eXruina.4956
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2