Do something about pulls

1 hour ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

Yesterday,  I went to check out WvW for few minutes and experience the next new low of pulls. While we attempting to break down the gate at Stonemist; not just one or two players were being pulled but it like 5 of us...were being pulled into the gate and being instantly killed.

I asked the Commander and the players who were instantly killed, what is going on? they told me that pulling has gotten out of control and that someone there is a bug that is allowing multiple pulls being exploited. 

So I logged out and relogged into a healthy, competitive gaming experience. 

"When You Created The Problem, When You Accepted The Behavior, When You Tolerated The Action, You Choose The Consequences"

Burn, note I say this a roamer and or havoc support/DPS that this sounds more like there was a lack of Stab support in the group. Mez pulls have always been able to be timed and done in concession to pull people in and over, in sequence. This is not a bug, but a matter of timing and communication. This was a valid tactic employed in 2013 and before.  

Edited by TheGrimm.5624
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Jit, how many Mez do you have?

3. Human Sylvari Asura.

I kept the human because I had made it 10 years ago (before I quit) for the birthday bonus and it is my pve/map completion toon.

After I Came Back

I made the Asuran amd Sylvari to see of their racials would make a difference in WvW whether using condi or strike 

This whole thread and other threads exist in part because of exploits/hacks including pulls.

Plus.....

When you have 50 "he/she said and only 1 "you said" there is a much higher probability that the "1" person is wrong.

In your case it really seems deliberate.  Why would that be? 

P.s

Our Keep EBG. I was just pulled much further then 1200 range off the wall.. I was way back to make sure I was safe but over I went. 

Good times.

P.P.S

You have 33 toons? Like I said. Go outside. Make friends. I have ome mesmer for pve. One Engi for treasure mushrooms.  One mesmer for wvw. 

So just 3 actual toons I play.

Edited by Jitters.9401
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Jitters.9401 said:

Many of the people on the forums have seen absurdly long range pulls. 

Alpine BL. South East Tower... The South west corner of the tower where the vet scout stands. That area is marked off as a square ️.  

I have stood back and outside that square ..... so I was literally on the west wall of the tower and was pulled from the west wall... over that cross section of front and west wall.... over the wall... and beyond the group at the gate. 

I've been in discord with people who are on the middle of stairs that lead up the wall, who get yanked up the stairs and over walls, so I get to hear them while I see it happen.

We all know this happens.  You know this happens.  The issue is you are highly likely to be one of the ones doing this by how you are arguing it never happens. 

Maybe go outside and get a life, make a real friend, get a job,  and maybe you won't be so quick to support exploits/hacks. 

Not a wonder I have you on ignore. Coming in here with all these claims and no facts, no videos, and assumptions about me, and trying to be my life coach lmao. It's ok dude I have nothing to prove to you, and pull players regularly, I don't exploit, I hate exploits, but I don't need them when players are dumb enough to fall for pulls on their own. I've supported and asked anet to fix exploits, I sat here requesting them to fix stuff like the Southeast tower mount onto the gate exploit.

Here's a little food for thought, sometimes physics play a part on how you're pulled, sometimes the lip barriers protect you, sometimes with enough momentum you can flip someone into the air over it, and sometimes you can send someone straight past it, not all walls and lips and levels are the same height in the game, sometimes you can pull someone and they barely move, sometimes they get pulled so hard they go past the pull for whatever reason, and sometimes it's just a double pull, other classes have pulls too with longer range even they just need los. Those violent pulls rarely happen, and doesn't have to be to "exploits" it's just the game physics playing a wonky part of the pull.

Keep in mind people in game can't even give proper estimated numbers of enemies on a regular basis for scout calls, can't imagine they can judge what's a proper 600 900 or 1200 range without the game showing them with aoe max range option on.

Show me a video where people getting pulled 1200 range with one mesmer pull and you have my support it's a hack exploit or broken physics that need to be fixed. 

Edited by XenesisII.1540
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Here are couple threads concerning pulls that has been addressed  for years by The Community and The Players to Anet who continues refusing to address our concerns till this day

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/29566-nerf-mesmer-pull/

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/54464-lets-talk-about-the-focus-pull/

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/94994-why-is-there-1200-range-unblockable-pulls-in-wvw/page/2/

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/76702-dragonhunter-pull-is-almost-an-exploit/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/131qde5/longest_gate_pull_in_history/

this is the one in particular...where many players including myself, are experiencing over and over again. Being pulled into the gate, through the gate, through the wall, over the wall, across the wall including at short range to long range 1200+ 

"I'm getting pulled from the other side of the wall, the combat log shows nothing expect normal attacks.

Is there a new hacks which pulls the players to outside of the castle walls from inside? Or is another broken skill?"

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/7yycmc/is_there_a_new_hack_to_pull_players/

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

Here are couple threads concerning pulls that has been addressed  for years by The Community and The Players to Anet who continues refusing to address our concerns till this day

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/29566-nerf-mesmer-pull/

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/54464-lets-talk-about-the-focus-pull/

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/76702-dragonhunter-pull-is-almost-an-exploit/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/131qde5/longest_gate_pull_in_history/

this is the one in particular...where many players including myself, are experiencing over and over again. Being pulled into the gate, through the gate, through the wall, over the wall, across the wall including at short range to long range 1200+ 

"I'm getting pulled from the other side of the wall, the combat log shows nothing expect normal attacks.

Is there a new hacks which pulls the players to outside of the castle walls from inside? Or is another broken skill?"

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/7yycmc/is_there_a_new_hack_to_pull_players/

Heck going by what life coach jitters said we have an entire community of exploiters with the amount of people counter arguing the uninformed in those threads. I noticed all your other nerf threads comes with video evidence, but not this one, hmmmm. Show me evidence of one mesmer pulling 1200 around one curtain and I'll back you for changes.

This is the only thing I agree with here, that "engineer" pull should not be unblockable with that range, one of the two needs to be nerfed.

48 minutes ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

jfc do you even read any of the threads you post? that was a warclaw and the person was lagging.

Now where's your threads angry about siege and aoes hitting through gates? where's your thread on rangers hitting stuff beyond their range and out of los behind gates?. Start up your crusade but don't pretend this is the only thing that extends through a gate platform or bridge for 10 years.

Players have had 10 years to adapt to pulls, I dunno what else to tell you if you haven't by now.

Now you're going on ignore for wasting my time looking at those threads.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Jitters.9401 said:

3. Human Sylvari Asura.

I kept the human because I had made it 10 years ago (before I quit) for the birthday bonus and it is my pve/map completion toon.

After I Came Back

I made the Asuran amd Sylvari to see of their racials would make a difference in WvW whether using condi or strike 

This whole thread and other threads exist in part because of exploits/hacks including pulls.

Plus.....

When you have 50 "he/she said and only 1 "you said" there is a much higher probability that the "1" person is wrong.

In your case it really seems deliberate.  Why would that be? 

P.s

Our Keep EBG. I was just pulled much further then 1200 range off the wall.. I was way back to make sure I was safe but over I went. 

Good times.

P.P.S

You have 33 toons? Like I said. Go outside. Make friends. I have ome mesmer for pve. One Engi for treasure mushrooms.  One mesmer for wvw. 

So just 3 actual toons I play.

Deliberate is quite fair. Don't get me wrong, we have coding issues, latency issues (though their packet size plays well even on paperclips compared to other MMOs) and some hackware. I have toons that I do since at times I didn't quite understand what happened in a fight so I built a toon to try and reproduce a build I think I played against and to better figure out the why and how so that I could counter better. So if you have 3 Mez have you not worked with others to do a chain pull where pulls are activated in sequence to drag people in a line? It doesn't happen as often now as people become less organized and abilities are further nerfed but it still happens. By claiming people exploit just since they play any particular class won't do and just makes finding actual exploits all the harder to ID and to get info out there on, regardless of the back and fourth on devs visiting the forums or not. 

2 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Players have had 10 years to adapt to pulls, I dunno what else to tell you if you haven't by now.

Anet: Introduces a summonable that is 100% immune to CC and 33% extra hp shield and can be summoned any time outside of combat.

Players: Hurf durf ima stand on the wall my rapid fire will take this whole zerg out!! And have no escape skills whatsoever because 20% damage of that matters!

Then again I kid you not, I got hit in the face with a rapid fire that did 87 damage each so you know, not the best bunch.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Heck going by what life coach jitters said we have an entire community of exploiters with the amount of people counter arguing the uninformed in those threads. I noticed all your other nerf threads comes with video evidence, but not this one, hmmmm. Show me evidence of one mesmer pulling 1200 around one curtain and I'll back you for changes.

This is the only thing I agree with here, that "engineer" pull should not be unblockable with that range, one of the two needs to be nerfed.

jfc do you even read any of the threads you post? that was a warclaw and the person was lagging.

Now where's your threads angry about siege and aoes hitting through gates? where's your thread on rangers hitting stuff beyond their range and out of los behind gates?. Start up your crusade but don't pretend this is the only thing that extends through a gate platform or bridge for 10 years.

Now you're going on ignore for wasting my time looking at those threads.

What happened to you Xenesis? You've changed. Are you are a clone?

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Deliberate is quite fair. Don't get me wrong, we have coding issues, latency issues (though their packet size plays well even on paperclips compared to other MMOs) and some hackware. I have toons that I do since at times I didn't quite understand what happened in a fight so I built a toon to try and reproduce a build I think I played against and to better figure out the why and how so that I could counter better. So if you have 3 Mez have you not worked with others to do a chain pull where pulls are activated in sequence to drag people in a line? It doesn't happen as often now as people become less organized and abilities are further nerfed but it still happens. By claiming people exploit just since they play any particular class won't do and just makes finding actual exploits all the harder to ID and to get info out there on, regardless of the back and fourth on devs visiting the forums or not. 

With a chain pull, the first pull needs the player to be in range, otherwise the following pulls grab no targets. The problem is the first pull.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Narya Fae.4730 said:

Get good and learn how to use stab/skills to avoid being pulled. It's not that hard. 🤷‍♀️

I am, that is why I am always mounted on stairs. Because I'm not going to be pulled up the stairs, across the top of the wall, and down into the mob again. "Working as intended".

I did see some questionable pulls tonight, I'm not sure the class of the person, but they were just pulling straight to them to the ground from the back of the wall at bay.  slowed down the video and saw it was a reaper and their pull is 900u range and doesn't require los 🤷‍♂️ Didn't catch it until I was reviewing the video for the battle that takes place afterwards. People complain about mesmer pull when necro one is better. 😏

I have the video footage, but posting it here will break the forums rules on naming and shaming. I can pass along the link in private. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by XenesisII.1540
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

I did see some questionable pulls tonight, I'm not sure the class of the person, but they were just pulling straight to them to the ground from the back of the wall at bay.  slowed down the video and saw it was a reaper and their pull is 900u range and doesn't require los 🤷‍♂️ Didn't catch it until I was reviewing the video for the battle that takes place afterwards. People complain about mesmer pull when necro one is better. 😏

I have the video footage, but posting it here will break the forums rules on naming and shaming. I can pass along the link in private. 🤷‍♂️

Skill LoS overall  is kind in a  mess, i can hit players on top of the wall with revenant bow skill 5

EDIT: Actually it's my wall combo bow 5 to KD targets  then the Herald facet with the aoe plus bow 4.

And if i play DH i imagine could still pull with F1 and proveke kill from fall damage on pulled target since i was abusing that before was corrected but still managed to do it after a patch towards it but hapening way less.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Like 1

On 7/8/2023 at 9:09 PM, Kranlor Greyhelm.8417 said:

All pulls should put a 3s cc immunity and damage immunity on the player being pulled

So basically what u want is, TOTALLY unstopable blobs that cant be cc'd and cant take dmg? Are u by any chance, head of the "balance" team, at anet? Cause this sounds suspiciously like something that they would come up with. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/9/2023 at 3:09 AM, Kranlor Greyhelm.8417 said:

Stupidest mechanic ever put into a game. They don't even need to be able to see you, they can pull you from a mile away, over a wall, straight into the middle of a group that will kill you before the GCD comes off your cc immunity.

All pulls should put a 3s cc immunity and damage immunity on the player being pulled. Make it so players a least have a chance to react after one of these stupid pulls. Or better still, just take them out of the game. Or at least make it so you actually need line of sight to be able to do them. As it stands it's gameplay designed by trolls, for trolls.

add embolized to that request.  I can have stab and get embolized. WTH? crazy stuff.

I won't even mention an arrow goes farther than a bullet.  At least Anet knows where starbucks coffee is. ROFL  

22 minutes ago, Areoh.7495 said:

add embolized to that request.  I can have stab and get embolized. WTH? crazy stuff.

I won't even mention an arrow goes farther than a bullet.  At least Anet knows where starbucks coffee is. ROFL  

If your blood vessels get clogged from CC you may need to see a doctor.

I believe you mean immobilized. And its technically a condition not a stun.

Maybe if they reduced the aoe radius that'll help. Because now it's just too large especially when it's impossible to shoot down from a keep or fort wall unless you're standing directly on the edge. A little gift given to us around the beginning of HOT along with stab changes due to attackers complaints.

On 7/8/2023 at 3:30 PM, MedievalThings.5417 said:

Anet does need to do a quality check on them at least.  1200 range pull, pulls you from 2000.  600 radius pull, pulls you from nearly 1200.  This stuff happens regularly.  They should at least look at them to fix things that are doing what they shouldn't occasionally.

They should indeed!

Especially EASY fixes.

Like fixing Speldan Clearcut!

The camp that never swords up in EBG on the Red 1/3 of the map that feeds Mendons, and the Red Keep.

That was broken YEARS ago!

Have they fixed it?

NO.

Will they?

It doesn't appear so.

I don't think there is a lot of $ to be made from WvW players.

• Like 1

@Burnfall.9573 

Getting pulled against a wall from ground to wall in the past could make u stuck in the wall or gate, it was a trend of few players that knew they could glitch players in the gate and PK them from the outside, altough i havent experienced those kind of pulls since 2020? nowadays  most pulls are like 10 players using  boon corrupt and pulls to avoid resistance and stability on targets.

LoS can be pretty easy to "improved" with some glitches on the cliente, and i ve certain that "improving" LoS is accepted by Anet altough i consider it a glitch abuse.

Correct if i am wrong but didnt we had an option to use the old LoS, that's how part of it its done i could strech my resolution in my 49 screen that would change the zone i could aoe and this is only the tip of the LoS glitch.

The LoS glitches i know were from the time of the old forum when LoS was changed by Anet.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Like 1

On 9/9/2023 at 8:22 AM, Aeolus.3615 said:

@Burnfall.9573 

Getting pulled against a wall from ground to wall in the past could make u stuck in the wall or gate, it was a trend of few players that knew they could glitch players in the gate and PK them from the outside, altough i havent experienced those kind of pulls since 2020? nowadays  most pulls are like 10 players using  boon corrupt and pulls to avoid resistance and stability on targets.

LoS can be pretty easy to "improved" with some glitches on the cliente, and i ve certain that "improving" LoS is accepted by Anet altough i consider it a glitch abuse.

Correct if i am wrong but didnt we had an option to use the old LoS, that's how part of it its done i could strech my resolution in my 49 screen that would change the zone i could aoe and this is only the tip of the LoS glitch.

The LoS glitches i know were from the time of the old forum when LoS was changed by Anet.

I believe you are correct. The glitch abuse still persists t'ill this day and with WvW being intentionally ignored for years; expect nothing to change for the better. WvW is dead and will forever remain dead without a complete overall-rework-redesign....from the ground up

• Confused 1