In 1 1/2 years after an expac release, you only added a single map with 2 metas?

How is it possible that a year and a half of content updates added only a single map with 2 metas that you can only do once per day?

Why can't I spam it, either? Why is the game still "go farm drizzlewood" 4 years later?

No, LS1 is not content. It was a 1 year content drought(again), and I have absolutely no idea why you'd harm the game with LS1's content drought not once, but twice. No one even does the LS1 ""metas"" as they have essentially no reward.

What did you even do the entire time? Other games release entire raids, zones, new gear sets, new entire systems, etc MULTIPLE times in this time frame(3 times, in fact). Yet you give..a single map? My head is exploding in confusion.

Can we expect beter from SotO? I sure hope so.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 26
  • Sad 3

I really liked LS1. Yeah I didnt experience it originally so it was new for me which is very different to players who did. And I really dont care about rewards in general with some notable exceptions. I though it was going to be LS2 type of slog but it was surprisingly good. And we even got a strike with it, for me the most fun strike up to date.

Definitely better than Gyala. That map and meta was a complete miss (the map looks nice but mechanics are just annoyance) and probably the reason why these intermediate period seems underwhelming. I think I entered that map max 4 times and barely touched the story. Not that I am a story fan but previous chapters I at least completed and maybe did some interesting achievements. I would rather go out dig random holes in the ground in hot sun than do the turtle tunnel again. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Progress is slow indeed, although there's a lot more to the game than Drizziewood Coast. I know this still means the devs are leaning onto old content to stall new releases, I hope that means SotO will actually be decent at least. 

What disappointed me most about Gayla Delve wasn't the amount of content rather than quality and replayability of it. It took me 3-4 times of doing the meta before I got to the point where I just started leeching it, as an Auric Basin regular I'm the same way there, but it took me a few hundred times of doing the meta before I got sick of it. To me that's the problem, that they couldn't design a meta engaging and interesting enough to keep players busy as they worked on SotO. 

As I already said though, I hope SotO will be a strong comeback. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

we had the same content drought before and after heart of thorns release, so path of fire was the only exception i think.

Yep. Because, unfortunately, when after content drought for HoT they managed to finally set up their dev teams to work on both expansions and LS at the same time, the first thing they did after PoF release was demolish that setup (by getting most of their devs moved to other projects, and ultimately getting a lot of them fired). Apparently GW2 team is still way, way smaller than the one that was working on LS3 and PoF. Even though supposedly Anet should have similar amount of devs (if not more) as then. WHich means that, again, most of their effort and resources is likely placed in non-GW2 projects.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

Sure only one zone in a year and the expansion is what? a month away?  Kitten kitten. 

This community seldom ceases to amaze me.  Finishing off the DX 11 and Season 1 didn't take any work at all I guess. Anet has been busy, and I've lost track of how many times I've seen requests for Anet to stop making new content until the fix some old issues. Some of those issues are indeed being fixed.  If that's at the price of new content, I'm okay with that.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 8
  • Confused 12
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Cuks.8241 said:

I really liked LS1. Yeah I didnt experience it originally so it was new for me which is very different to players who did. And I really dont care about rewards in general with some notable exceptions. I though it was going to be LS2 type of slog but it was surprisingly good. And we even got a strike with it, for me the most fun strike up to date.

Definitely better than Gyala. That map and meta was a complete miss (the map looks nice but mechanics are just annoyance) and probably the reason why these intermediate period seems underwhelming. I think I entered that map max 4 times and barely touched the story. Not that I am a story fan but previous chapters I at least completed and maybe did some interesting achievements. I would rather go out dig random holes in the ground in hot sun than do the turtle tunnel again. 

LS1 wasn't taken well originally because Base tyria to LS1 and Southsun was a huge change, way harder content jumps new CC mechanics and forced raids to finish the stories and more.. It was hugely disliked back at release.. Playing after HoT and later LS3 etc makes it feel tame these days..

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

Sure only one zone in a year and the expansion is what? a month away?  Kitten kitten. 

This community seldom ceases to amaze me.  Finishing off the DX 11 and Season 1 didn't take any work at all I guess. Anet has been busy, and I've lost track of how many times I've seen requests for Anet to stop making new content until the fix some old issues. Some of those issues are indeed being fixed.  If that's at the price of new content, I'm okay with that.

QoL and improvements are just expected so people often fail to qualify and quantify the work for them. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Dante.1508 said:

LS1 wasn't taken well originally because Base tyria to LS1 and Southsun was a huge change, way harder content jumps new CC mechanics and forced raids to finish the stories and more.. It was hugely disliked back at release.. Playing after HoT and later LS3 etc makes it feel tame these days..

Everyone I played with liked LS 1 and there were tons of complaints when it was cancelled in favor of LS 2.  I will say not everyone liked it, but it was, for a lot of people, some of the best gameplay we had as far as fun. I enjoyed the Scarlet invasions, but what I really liked was the Marionette and the Nightmare Tower.  It's true I didn't love the dungeons, but I got through them just fine with the help of friends.

Still, I think Season 1 was much better than Season 2, and there's plenty of evidence I wasn't alone with that thought.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Sigmoid.7082 said:

QoL and improvements are just expected so people often fail to qualify and quantify the work for them. 

Sure, but I don't consider rereleasing Season 1 to be just QOL.

Edit: Or Old Lion's Court for that matter.

Edited by Vayne.8563
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

Everyone I played with liked LS 1 and there were tons of complaints when it was cancelled in favor of LS 2.  I will say not everyone liked it, but it was, for a lot of people, some of the best gameplay we had as far as fun. I enjoyed the Scarlet invasions, but what I really liked was the Marionette and the Nightmare Tower.  It's true I didn't love the dungeons, but I got through them just fine with the help of friends.

Still, I think Season 1 was much better than Season 2, and there's plenty of evidence I wasn't alone with that thought.

LS2 was way worse than 1 i agree but you were there the LS1 wasn't very popular.. with a lot of players..

• Confused 5
  • Sad 1

Just now, Dante.1508 said:

LS2 was way worse than 1 i agree but you were there the LS1 wasn't very popular.. with a lot of players..

And it was very popular with a lot of other players. There were, at that time, over a hundred people logging in every day in my guild and I heard almost no complaints about LS 1. A handful complained about the dungeons, and we got them through them anyway. Once we past that early stuff, I heard virtually no complaints at all. And that was a year of no complaints.  People were excited and talking about it.

I'm not saying everyone loved it, but I think the bulk of the population looked forward to each new release. The ones aware of it at all anyway.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

48 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

Hey, Disney World has to clean up the place, too.  Nobody cares.  They just expect the park to look good.  It isn't an excuse if in the process of keeping the place clean they fail to add any new attractions.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

And it was very popular with a lot of other players. There were, at that time, over a hundred people logging in every day in my guild and I heard almost no complaints about LS 1. A handful complained about the dungeons, and we got them through them anyway. Once we past that early stuff, I heard virtually no complaints at all. And that was a year of no complaints.  People were excited and talking about it.

I'm not saying everyone loved it, but I think the bulk of the population looked forward to each new release. The ones aware of it at all anyway.

I think LS1 needed to happen.  But I also didn't personally consider it a replacement for new content.  Same for DX11 and the rest of the house cleaning work.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

5 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

Almost everyone in my two guilds quit (including myself). I didnt come back until season 2. I wanted to see if ANet still considered lighting torches to be content.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

5 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

Everyone I played with liked LS 1 and there were tons of complaints when it was cancelled in favor of LS 2. 

SW is still being done daily to this day.

NO ONE does a single ls1-remake meta.

You are an extreme minority.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Almost everyone in my two guilds quit (including myself). I didnt come back until season 2. I wanted to see if ANet still considered lighting torches to be content.

It was repairing signs but other then that yea 😁

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

Hey, Disney World has to clean up the place, too.  Nobody cares.  They just expect the park to look good.  It isn't an excuse if in the process of keeping the place clean they fail to add any new attractions.

Adding an older story back in in a new form isn't maintaince though, nor is adding a strike mission. And game is not a  theme park, because you don't have to keep paying to play it, unless new content comes out.  That's just a bad analogy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

I think LS1 needed to happen.  But I also didn't personally consider it a replacement for new content.  Same for DX11 and the rest of the house cleaning work.

Doesn't really matter what you consider it, or I consider it, or anyone else considers it.  What matters is what's realistic to expect more generally.  It's my opinion that game was too generous in giving away free stuff (I don't know about you but I never paid for an episode of the living world) and as a result, I got tons of stuff without paying a cent for a long time. That means I spent $29 on PoF and ended up getting 11 zones out of it, in addition to every mount except the turtle and all the elite specs and the stories.  That's a good deal. Hell it's an unprecedented deal.

In this five years, costs for everything continue to rise. I've always thought the system was a bit bonkers, but you know, I'm happy I got it.  EoD was 29 for four zones, elite specs and a story, but an extra zone later, which was meh, admittedly.  But I still paid 29 for 5 zones, and elite specs and whatever else I got during that time. Now, a year and a half later I have to pay again. $29 is like two months of WoW or final fantasy, neither of which I enjoy playing.

Getting a old game updated, and there's plenty of that going on isn't house cleaning or maintainence. I know what it's like to vacuum a floor. But that's a long way from putting in a better floor, which costs more money, and can't be ignored because it's in the budget.  I think people have unrealistic expectations for what they're going to get. 

Hot was one of the best expansions to me, but it was still twice the price and 4 zones. Without the living world some people considered that expensive, but I did get the living world, so 4 zones eventually became ten zones.

At the end of the day, EoD was worth it to me just for virtuoso, mechanist, and spectre. And past that I still got zones and story and legendaary weapons and legendary variants and various skins and achievements and strike missions, and strike mission challenge modes. And Season. And DX 11.  There was another big thing in that time I can't remember, because my short term memory isn't what it used to be.

The legendary armory alone completely changed the game for me.  You may not count it as part of anything, and Anet could have saved it for an expansion, but they didn't. It's not maintainence.

You are free to believe what you want, but I think I got what I paid for.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Well, if you're talking about the very first installment, that's fair, but you know., it was one chapter.  If you don't think the two dungeons were popular, or the marionette or the nightmare tower,. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Oh and esccape from Lion's Arch was very popular. The Scarlet invasions were popular.  Not sure why you think they weren't, but okay.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

Adding an older story back in in a new form isn't maintaince though, nor is adding a strike mission. And game is not a  theme park, because you don't have to keep paying to play it, unless new content comes out.  That's just a bad analogy.

Disagree on revamping old content being the same as new content.  A new strike is new content, but it's still just a standalone boss. 

Also disagree that this is a bad analogy, but analogies aside, my opinion is what it is. This game has a slow release cadence for new content.  I don't consider it a positive that I get nothing but don't have to pay for it.  If it meant a regular release cadence, I'd pay a sub for that without thinking twice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Kozumi.5816 said:

SW is still being done daily to this day.

NO ONE does a single ls1-remake meta.

You are an extreme minority.

Ah, the lovely concept that one thing is better, because it has better rewards. People aren't mostly running SW today because it's the best, most fun zone in the game. It's fine for what it is, though. They're running it because profit per hour and it's the best farm in the free to play game without spending money for solo players. I'd wager that people who have expansions and all the content aren't farming SW every day or even every week. This is simply a red herring.

The fact is, content with lesser rewards being fun doesn't draw more people than having good rewards. Plenty of events are done for rewards are even chances for rewards. People do anything that gives you a small chance for an infusion drop, even if it's not fun. But metas aren't run for 8 years because they're fun. They're run for 8 years because they're profitable or you drop something from them. Add a chance at a rare infusion to the tower of nightmares and squads will form.  TT and Teq are still run regularly but both have exclusive drops you can't get anywhere else.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2