Ranger with mace I think not

RDBuck.6098

Anet could have implemented only MH or OH and give a new trait called ambidextry allowing to wield the second weapon that is not available at first. The current ambidextry trait would obviously get renamed.

MH mace is a good option, many cultures used clubs as weapons.

Edited by Acyk.9671

• 2 months later...

I have one thing to say,

playing a pure Melee build as untamed is unironically fun in Pvp and Wvw modes, if anyone care you can theroycraft it yourselves or could just shoot a message at me the current build I use . Pve, cant really say because its ether you're doing damage or you're supporting... or you're doing both.

Honest to god, I love you people, your post are both entertaining and also reasonable to a certain extent but to those who think ranger = range weapon only should really do a good research on archetype, thematic and motifs what a ranger is and stop trying to use it as an argumentative trump card.

That being said,

Mace in my eyes, for both main and off hand is going to wild have some cool synergy with its weapon selection, and figuring out what its ambush skill gonna be like. Not to mention, will it has a blast finisher combo? If it does, imagine the stealth/heal/might game that ranger will get out of this?

Well all we can hope for is 28th of November and Ill be playing the kitten out of it.

On 7/20/2023 at 7:48 PM, draxynnic.3719 said:

Rangers getting maces is the choice that surprises me the most - classic maces are usually associated with heavy armour. It's possible that what they have in mind is more along the lines of weapons made more from natural materials that would fall into the 'mace' category, such as one-handed clubs, stone maces, macuahuitls, and similar weapons. Role-wise... melee support weapon does seem like it might be a gap, I guess?

You were correct

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 7/17/2023 at 3:38 PM, Peter.3901 said:

Why not rifle, scepter, or even a pistol? we got so many melee weapons already, and half of them are useless, adding one more will not change anything

Because the weapons are susposed to give you a role. That right now you lack. Not a playstyle, in a game that enforces melee in pve content regardless. Lol

Itd of been absolutely insane to load a ranged weapon with CC and defense. As it'd of been nerfed by day 2. 

The role the kits built for simply doesnt fit a ranged weapon. 

Your never gonna please 100% of the playerbase with any choice, the same as any mesmer who didn't want a healing weapon, are gonna get mad and bring up the lack of good options we have for Open world content etc etc as a defense to say it should be overturned. 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Puck.3697 said:

Because the weapons are susposed to give you a role. That right now you lack. Not a playstyle, in a game that enforces melee in pve content regardless. Lol

Itd of been absolutely insane to load a ranged weapon with CC and defense. As it'd of been nerfed by day 2. 

The role the kits built for simply doesnt fit a ranged weapon. 

Your never gonna please 100% of the playerbase with any choice, the same as any mesmer who didn't want a healing weapon, are gonna get mad and bring up the lack of good options we have for Open world content etc etc as a defense to say it should be overturned. 

Support and healers ruin this game

• Confused 3

22 minutes ago, vrauns.3215 said:

rangers are not hunters.

Charr Rangers can already use Charrzooka and Sylvari are not locked out of being Engineers either. There is absolutely no lore reason for to not include rifle or pistols into Ranger's weaponry. Also historically from Guild Wars Ranger has been 'the physical ranged class', to which rifle and pistols would fit perfectly. Alas, it seems that the core Ranger is again being walked over in favour of making Ranger into Druid with melee weapons.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, vrauns.3215 said:

besides, they said they are doing more expansions, in time, every class will have weapon they don't have, even if rifles or pistols don't fit with a ranger, it's their game, i have no say.

I don't think it's necessarily going to be new weapons every expansion, but yeah. It's not likely to be another four years before any new weapons show up. Currently, though, they seem to be mostly prioritising gap-filling.

• Sad 1

They issue I see is the skills already look (animation wise) pretty clunky.

it looks like it has plenty of locking animations where the ranger will be useless for 2-3 seconds. Which is very bad for everybody but specially for the ranger. 

also the thing with the enlargement sounds so convoluted I already see it being garbage from the start or soon after the nerfs. 

At this point I believe even the meme of the double shield would have been worked better simply by the fact the devs would have to focus into a defensive set.