Ranger with mace I think not

RDBuck.6098

2 hours ago, RDBuck.6098 said:

The ranger already has sword /sword and axe/axe and dagger/dagger so ranger dose not need another melee weapon set. I think a ranger should have a rifle or crossbow. 

Ranger defo doesn't have off-hand sword.  Also, MH axe isn't melee.  So the only correct set here is D/D, that's actually fully melee. 

1 hour ago, ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

Why are you ppl so aggrevated by getting dual maces?

Maces are usually defensive control weapons and i don't see much of that in either ranger's mainhands or offhands.
Looks like a good fit to me.

Ya, since Hammer is a hot mess, it would be nice to have usable CC weapons.  Something like Sword/Mace could finally yield a decent alternative to greatsword if offhand mace has any type of defensive capabilities at all.  

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267
  • Thanks 7

Sorry should have remembered the ranger has main hand sword but ranger dose not need anymore melee weapon so a range weapon would be better. And this game need a crossbow weapon and skills not skins ranger would be the best fit. Anyway one can hope 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Mace has a history of being a defensive-supportive weapon, especially when in the mainhand.

Guardian mace: very supportive. Has a channeled block, can give some regen, protection, and group aegis.

Warrior mace: leans very defensively. Counterblow is a channeled block, pommel bash grants barrier. Crushing blow (mace 4) gives might, but could easily be effectively the same on ranger with group might.

Engineer (mechanist) mace: more offensive, but still has some strong defensive support with a 6s cooldown for 648 barrier. Also gives some regen and vigor.

The only mace without any immediately supportive aspects is revenant's, unless you count the ability to mace 2 (fire field) into mace 3 (multiple blast finishers on one skill, generating might without taking anything extra for the fire field).

Most notably, mace has a somewhat decent track record with barrier, 50% of mace wielders have it (2 of 4), and ranger has 0 group barrier currently. We could very easily get some barrier in there.

Ranger really needs a support mainhand- something that pairs with warhorn for more boon output, for example. Mace could easily provide that while also being minimally redundant across all modes (sword is mobile and highly damaging, mace is slower and more defensive to contrast the MH melees).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 10
  • Confused 2

21 minutes ago, RainbowTurtle.3542 said:

Mace has a history of being a defensive-supportive weapon, especially when in the mainhand.

Guardian mace: very supportive. Has a channeled block, can give some regen, protection, and group aegis.

Warrior mace: leans very defensively. Counterblow is a channeled block, pommel bash grants barrier. Crushing blow (mace 4) gives might, but could easily be effectively the same on ranger with group might.

Engineer (mechanist) mace: more offensive, but still has some strong defensive support with a 6s cooldown for 648 barrier. Also gives some regen and vigor.

The only mace without any immediately supportive aspects is revenant's, unless you count the ability to mace 2 (fire field) into mace 3 (multiple blast finishers on one skill, generating might without taking anything extra for the fire field).

Most notably, mace has a somewhat decent track record with barrier, 50% of mace wielders have it (2 of 4), and ranger has 0 group barrier currently. We could very easily get some barrier in there.

Ranger really needs a support mainhand- something that pairs with warhorn for more boon output, for example. Mace could easily provide that while also being minimally redundant across all modes (sword is mobile and highly damaging, mace is slower and more defensive to contrast the MH melees).

I would love some group barrier on Ranger.

Another support weapon in general would be nice since they seem to be happy with the state Staff is.

• Like 4

No, we haven't seen the design.  Also, I don't recall seeing anyone requesting dual maces either.  There were several other options which, IMO, are better versed for the profession and were actually discussed and requested.  Instead, it seems to me that again Anet completely ignored its playerbase and simply implemented something that they thought would be best. 

It's all being rather tone-deaf if you ask me.   /shrug

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 6

The guy that chose mace clearly never played ranger.

Why not rifle, scepter, or even a pistol? we got so many melee weapons already, and half of them are useless, adding one more will not change anything.

Edited by Peter.3901
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

Ranger has just as many ranged weapons. And in a game that has long range greatsword, dagger and hammer, mace could very well be be ranged too. Not that ranger needs another one, but still.

As long we have no idea what those maces are going to do, there is no reason to criticise the choice. Unless you simply don't like the visuals of maces. But then maybe be more specific with your complaints.

Edited by Zyreva.1078
  • Like 6

Pretty sure all these weapons are already figured out, which is why they announced what they were going to be in the first place. I don't think any number of polls, suggestions or feedback are going to change it, if their patch note previews are any indication.

Personally if we wanted another ranged weapon I'd take scepter over rifle any day, but that's cause I can't imagine how rifle would be fundamentally different enough from longbow to make me want to even use it; they would be better off just buffing longbow.

• Like 4

On 7/16/2023 at 6:03 PM, RDBuck.6098 said:

The ranger already has sword /sword and axe/axe and dagger/dagger so ranger dose not need another melee weapon set. I think a ranger should have a rifle or crossbow. 

axe mainhand is not melee

4 hours ago, Peter.3901 said:

The guy that chose mace clearly never played ranger.

Why not rifle, scepter, or even a pistol? we got so many melee weapons already, and half of them are useless, adding one more will not change anything.

I have no idea how is mace/mace an indication that they don't play Ranger.
Also we have 3 usable ranged weapons and one that's close'ish, so getting another one doesn't seem like a priority. 
Melee support weapon on the other hand seems very much needed on Ranger.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Matoro.9708 said:

Lmao nobody even mentioned shield here. 

I think that there have been plenty of other threads/posts mentioning shield.  That's the point.  Anet didn't appear to listen to what the community suggested and instead decided to do whatever they wanted even if it wasn't requested.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2