What are you looking forward to the most in SotO?

I have posted about the things I am skeptical or upset about (primarily I do think the skyscale should have stayed exclusive and difficult), but I love this thread because I am actually really excited for this

new legendary armor- while I do want it to be very difficult to obtain, the heavy concept art looks phenomenal, and I do like new ways to obtain functionality (again though, it should still be a status symbol of long hard work and dedication)

story- everything announced so far sounds so much more like GW1, and I say that as the highest compliment. I will always accede that the overall combat gameplay of this game is better, but the original world and stories I’ve always liked better, a and it sounds like we’re moving in that direction

weapons- I like the customization options and new ideas. Even though I’m primarily a guardian and have zero interest in pistols, my two main alts (necro and rev) both have me excited

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

On 7/30/2023 at 9:11 PM, Gibson.4036 said:

I’m just not sure Zojja  is going to feel like that much of a breath of fresh air from Taimi.

Shes kinda just the older, crankier version.

Maybe being plant food, comatosed and never being able to have closure with Eir will have humbled her.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, HeliosMagi.9867 said:

At the very least we'll get additional reward tracks.

That would be such a great and game-changing content. I never thought of that! I am so hyped now! This is more than I could have ever dreamt of. I am so hyped that I can't even focus properly to follow the steps in buying the expansion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

On 7/31/2023 at 5:05 AM, Dante.1508 said:

That was a way better Lions Arch and Rata Sum.

Big mistake in my opinion as was wiping out the Dwarves..

Well. The Dwarves we knew about got stoned. The ones up in the Shiverpeaks. Doesn't mean there couldn't be more Dwarves out there somewhere, living their best lives in some as yet unexplored (by the players) region of our beloved Tyria. Or that Dwarves from (lightning/thunder) SOMEWHERE ELSE couldn't make their way here. Like that other invasive species -- humans -- did, once upon a time. For that matter, there's not one single rock solid reason ELVES couldn't turn up in Tyria. A couple keystrokes, boom. Elves! Been here all along! We just never knew. Maybe some of those folks running around with elf ears aren't wearing prosthetics, after all.  🧝‍♂️ 🧝‍♀️ Heck, I'd play one.

Even a race of friendly little ponies could magically appear some day . . .

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Tachenon.5270 said:

Well. The Dwarves we knew about got stoned. The ones up in the Shiverpeaks. Doesn't mean there couldn't be more Dwarves out there somewhere, living their best lives in some as yet unexplored (by the players) region of our beloved Tyria. Or that Dwarves from (lightning/thunder) SOMEWHERE ELSE couldn't make their way here. Like that other invasive species -- humans -- did, once upon a time. For that matter, there's not one single rock solid reason ELVES couldn't turn up in Tyria. A couple keystrokes, boom. Elves! Been here all along! We just never knew. Maybe some of those folks running around with elf ears aren't wearing prosthetics, after all.  🧝‍♂️ 🧝‍♀️ Heck, I'd play one.

Even a race of friendly little ponies could magically appear some day . . .

Agreed there could be huntreds of Asura Ratas, Sylvari Trees and underground Dwarven colonies as well. Tyria has huge parts of their world still undiscovered.. And zero seen underground.

Friendly Centaur ponies lol Anet doesn't even need to code pants lol

Not to mention they could add in time travel, multiverses and more, they've already used both in the early Asura stories.

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

I have liked new expansions in every game I have played since 1999 (EQ) after all the bugs are found and worked out. I am l pretty new to Guild wars 1 & 2 but am enjoying it a lot. I love all the solo pve and I truly hope there is more pve coming up in Secrets of Obscure expansion.

From the trailers and reading, I find myself looking forward to the new zones, opening up the maps and searching for anything that we weren't told about ahead of time. Don't you just love surprises! Well I do and yes, I pre-ordered the first day we could.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

Depending on what we need to do to get the Legendary Armor, I will be happy for it since I never got the original Legendary Armor due to how Raid is in GW2 (certain people try to keep it very exclusive) and never really enjoy PvP nor have the time to meet the PvP schedules.

Edited by EdwinLi.1284
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1