why isnt willbender nerfed in wvw? ​​

Loke.1429

10 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Sorry to the confused peeps, I guess you need more server mates to banter with while not in game 🙂 . Looking for the Sit (joking) post, had a new to WvW harbi drop me as they out applied condis above my condi clears. Well played by them in my book and -5 to me for the wrong sequence. But its a good opening, both Willy and Harbi like the old Berserker have their own counters in builds in my book. Sit just got to lol me and see it 🙂 . But alas my ego was crushed and I ... well I lie, still choose to make bad calls and attack more than I should anyway. 🙂 So game on! 🙂 Was a fun weekend of fights all! May all your bags be full before expansion!

Note: no idea what expansion holds hence the disclaimer...

Well at least you were in squad this time; makes things easier to monitor.

As for the other people you mentioned, they usually find their own way to die on their own. 🤣

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Well at least you were in squad this time; makes things easier to monitor.

As for the other people you mentioned, they usually find their own way to die on their own. 🤣

lol, no this was while roaming in the afternoon where I make even more bad calls  🙂.  I miss when sPvP and WvW skills were more in sync since it was great practice ground. That said I need to adjust my rotation on Harbis. Which means I need to switch a toon and play it to be better figure out the timing while on the double melee toons. Now maybe if we could get a third weapon swap. 😁 For now I need to consider setting up more templates for quick changes on the double melee ones. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 7/21/2023 at 4:29 PM, Loke.1429 said:

I mean they may have had some nerfs in the past but all i see is zoom zoom zoom invuln invuln block with high damage. its far more busted than harbinger or any other spec tbh.

Willbenders are great for hackers. 

We see willbenders being chased by multiple people (seen 7 chasing 1) where they are immune to any cc and somehow evade and invuln so much they do not die while they cross the entire map.

There is one I have on my blocked list because I am sure he is cheating.  Glass cannon damage yet tank survivability.  

Yesterday I went at him. I made a build that is so squishy but the damage is tweaked right out...  

He was mounted... didnt realize I was coming up (he was watching some people ahead of him) I threw my Lance... his mount only took 50% damage....  and he ran off.  

My first thought is he runs a damage reduction hack. 50% damage when it should be a full dismount. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Willbenders will be slightly easier to fight in the next update, not because of any balance changes, but of course because  they screwed up again.

We have temporarily disabled the effects of the following relics while we address an issue: 

• Relic of the Adventurer 
  • Relic of the Centaur 
  • Relic of the Pack 
  • Relic of Durability 

Durability is a very common WB pick and is why you feel like you can't hurt them.

Instead you will see them with speed relics so you won't be able to even tag them at all.

This is assuming WvW does not break completely. (Anyone want to place bets?)

Enjoy!

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

Once again, Bad Design Is  Immune To Nerfs

Only Way To Resolve Bad Design Is To Remove, Rework...Redesign at its core root

seems like it is still the same bug that was the reason for anet to disable shattered aegis. hardly a willbender issue when it's just the f3 buff that comes from the willbender and the rest is all dh... if this is not old footage anyway. Just remove all kind of buffs when swaping a build template then you won't have this issue.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

ok, so I wanted to point out that this is still a huge problem, and I made a post here pointing out that I was still waiting for the solution. Then the post was deleted without any info.

I have not seen such long lasting extreme balance outliers before in this grand cornerstone / "do not touch". (last part is sarcasm)

So here have some mediocre content:

Edited by Loke.1429
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

On 8/22/2023 at 12:24 PM, Jitters.9401 said:

We see willbenders being chased by multiple people (seen 7 chasing 1) where they are immune to any cc and somehow evade and invuln so much they do not die while they cross the entire map.

There is one I have on my blocked list because I am sure he is cheating.  Glass cannon damage yet tank survivability.  

Yesterday I went at him. I made a build that is so squishy but the damage is tweaked right out...  

He was mounted... didnt realize I was coming up (he was watching some people ahead of him) I threw my Lance... his mount only took 50% damage....  and he ran off.  

My first thought is he runs a damage reduction hack. 50% damage when it should be a full dismount. 

TDLR hackers fixed if u cant notice them, 2 weeks ago i had a bender that after i killed him 2x he would just apear on my spot and burst in 1sec then teleport teleport dash dash teleport dasgh teleport. That's how spec works riiiiiiight?

It kinda reminds the package editor + macro elementalists  that could use all skills in less than one sec,  when we discovered that retalition and high vit would make them self kill Anet removed retaliation and blamed something else couse this elementalist were the one getting very afected when diving trough zergs and getting insta self killed.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 9/12/2023 at 3:34 PM, Loke.1429 said:

ok, so I wanted to point out that this is still a huge problem, and I made a post here pointing out that I was still waiting for the solution. Then the post was deleted without any info.

I have not seen such long lasting extreme balance outliers before in this grand cornerstone / "do not touch". (last part is sarcasm)

So here have some mediocre content:

Loke, do you mind comparing? What were the points and time stamps that stood out to you? Might help in the discussion.

• Confused 1

On 8/25/2023 at 3:56 PM, Burnfall.9573 said:

Once again, Bad Design Is  Immune To Nerfs

Only Way To Resolve Bad Design Is To Remove, Rework...Redesign at its core root

Burn, lol you need to stop selecting ones with old style music that distracts some of us. Same question though since a lot of action was DH, is the issue in WB or DH or in template change? What timestamp are looking to promote for questions?

• Confused 1

Had one with an lb fight me, got his health down very low, he proceeded to sonic his way out of combat. He changed his build (cele with all boons on permanently ofc), proceeded to battle me, throughout the combat he had a tonne of blocks, dealth a tonne of damage, had burns, did I forget BOONS ON 24/7 EVEN ALACRITY. I was killed after he just healed any damage I threw at him, he ofc blocked most of my burst and all of my cc (heard blocks and perma stability helps), then he proceeded to jump on me 😄

Willbender is the ancient perma stealth trapper thief level of broken. Anet ofc will never nerf, tis the golden child of anet

Edited by asterix.9614
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

On 8/22/2023 at 12:24 PM, Jitters.9401 said:

Had someone like that yesterday night, he sometimes switched to ele. He had all the boons permanently, I just thought it was typical cele willbender being op per usual and left.

Just 4 minutes ago before logging out; couple of us was outside Langor Gulch gate...witnessing a Guardian Profession: Willbender, attacking Langor Gulch walls by Dane Passage with a Catapult. We ran toward the middle of the bridge where the Veteran Sentinel was and attacked the Willbender at 1500 range. Supposedly, that range should be assigned to Ranger Profession but with Bad Design; everything is Possible.

Well Bad Design Willbender was able to teleport to us at 1500 range and attacked us. My collogues died while I burst down that Willbender alongside with his girlfriend who suddenly appeared out nowhere. He whispered to me to not kill his girlfriend, so I killed her. 

Ranger Profession who is not close to Bad Design is so much a threat while Bad Design continues to get a free past with exploits, hacks and abuses.

Bad Design and Poor Balance are treated as Superstars.....It Gets Old Pretty Fast!! 

Until Bad Design Are Removed....Treat Every "Balance" As A Old Joke!!

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 7

2 minutes ago, asterix.9614 said:

Had someone like that yesterday night, he sometimes switched to ele. He had all the boons permanently, I just thought it was typical cele willbender being op per usual and left.

Are you  talking about core ele or any elite that elementalist can pick? You are also leaving out what build yourself where running at that time.

How do you even know what kind of build your enemy are running? I can not tell only by looking in combat log from chat (yes you can see which skill have been used and what kind of damage you have taken, but not anything more and ArcDPS can not provide much information then GW2 API will allow) for what attributes that player had which I fought.

Willbender can only use their professional skills for movement (do not need a target to move), utility skill need a target to move anywhere and if you use WB Elite skill without a target you will only put it on CD and not move any where (need a target to move to target).

When WB get close to zero in HP they will also soon get in Down state (if they still have any condition that can do damage on them). They don't have any sources outside of regen (which can counter some Poison damage) to get a second HP.

Like every other profession it is possible that close allies can provide them with Barrier or any other effects that they can not provide to themselves and they have access to their Guardian skills (which one can reflect Projectiles (Wall of Reflection), but it is very unlikely they would run such things if they only invest in high mobility skills).

The base condition for WB and almost all Guardian/Dragonhunter and Firebrand are after all Burn Damage. They don't have access to any other condition which do damage and they also have to focus on single target (Consecration skills which provide AoE is rather low in damage in WvW and you would need to use Immobilisation or Knock Down to keep player inside that AoE to get some damage on target to actually kill any player - in zergs this skills works great to tag targets, but in small scale or duel it is rather useless as it also is a pulsating its application of damage).

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

This thread is so funny. Everyone complains but nobody says why Willy is OP. I'll tell you why.

Willbender is a heavy-armor class with too many dodges and teleports. This shouldn't have been the case, but here we are. The class has 8 dodges. 2 normal dodges, 2xF2, Elite invul, 2xF2 again, and oh endurance bar full again 2 more dodges. Also blocks with healing skill too. Guardian Class has too much special sustain skills for a class this mobile while also wearing heavy armor. F2 is also simply too strong.

You immob willy? F2.

Willy health low? F2.

Loaded with condis? F2. 

Need evade frame? F2.

You just can't compete with F2. No way to stop the willy. If you cant immob it, and decide to go for CC, then F3 comes into play.

Just nerf F1-2-3 skills and willy is ok. They give too many boons, and F2 shouldn't be an evade frame. See? Fixed. Why ANet can't do this simple change for so long is out of my reasoning.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Melian.5368 said:

This thread is so funny. Everyone complains but nobody says why Willy is OP. I'll tell you why.

Willbender is a heavy-armor class with too many dodges and teleports. This shouldn't have been the case, but here we are. The class has 8 dodges. 2 normal dodges, 2xF2, Elite invul, 2xF2 again, and oh endurance bar full again 2 more dodges. Also blocks with healing skill too. Guardian Class has too much special sustain skills for a class this mobile while also wearing heavy armor. F2 is also simply too strong.

You immob willy? F2.

Willy health low? F2.

Loaded with condis? F2. 

Need evade frame? F2.

You just can't compete with F2. No way to stop the willy. If you cant immob it, and decide to go for CC, then F3 comes into play.

Just nerf F1-2-3 skills and willy is ok. They give too many boons, and F2 shouldn't be an evade frame. See? Fixed. Why ANet can't do this simple change for so long is out of my reasoning.

Guardian Profession-Willbender design and role has absolutely nothing to do with Guardian Profession Identity including Thief Profession-Spectar with having Necromancer Profession Identity and unique Role alongside with it.

This is the Consequences of Anet attacking and removing Guild Wars-The Holy Trinity which gave Professions their Identities and their unique Roles 

Lastly, this is the reason why Guild Wars 2 will forever remain in Identity crisis mode with prolonging non-existent balance.

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

This whine thread still getting necro'd...  Literally every class has a spec that is just as good or better than WB 1v1 in WvW.   Complaining about a class that has next to zero toxic mechanics fueling it... No constant barrier, no constant healing, no stealth, no CC.   Without Judges Intervention, a core guard skill, WB has the same mobility many other classes have enjoyed since launch.

Keep scraping the bottom of the wine barrel, Anet isn't going to nerf something that isn't broken.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Sonork.2916 said:

This whine thread still getting necro'd...  Literally every class has a spec that is just as good or better than WB 1v1 in WvW.   Complaining about a class that has next to zero toxic mechanics fueling it... No constant barrier, no constant healing, no stealth, no CC.   Without Judges Intervention, a core guard skill, WB has the same mobility many other classes have enjoyed since launch.

Keep scraping the bottom of the wine barrel, Anet isn't going to nerf something that isn't broken.  

But it is broken, at least JI is broken. Why is that instant? You can cast any skill into JI and it is like casting a melee skill from 1200 range. So they sword 5 into JI and you get immobilized out of nowhere and there is a big blue guy in you face whirling like a mad demon. Even making JI a 0.25 sec cast would go a long way into balancing this.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Melian.5368 said:

But it is broken, at least JI is broken. Why is that instant? You can cast any skill into JI and it is like casting a melee skill from 1200 range. So they sword 5 into JI and you get immobilized out of nowhere and there is a big blue guy in you face whirling like a mad demon. Even making JI a 0.25 sec cast would go a long way into balancing this.

ok so now JI is broken?I think nothing is broken but the most broken is you guys.just want to nerf this nerf that nerf everything lol

• Like 3
  • Confused 6

On 9/16/2023 at 6:30 AM, Hins.2489 said:

ok so now JI is broken?I think nothing is broken but the most broken is you guys.just want to nerf this nerf that nerf everything lol

People just want some fairness.  Certain classes out there are OP beyond imagination,  then add cheats.

I fought an ele that was somehow able to constantly barrier while taking full damage from a glass virtuoso and never go below 50% health. That person didn't even need to dodge. Just run around.

I was running full zerk.  The traits that increase damage (like increased crit damage/increased shatter damage). 

I popped my mantra of pain which also increased damage by 12% for 6 seconds.

Greatsword #3 to remove any aegis, mantra of pain to imcrease damage by 12%, F1 blades for boonstrip while doing harsh damage, Greatsword#4 hitting the moment after boonstrip, weapon swap, pistol #5 for cc, then pistol#4.

I couldn't even get that ele to half damage. 

I am curious how that is even legit. Th3 guy didn't even need to dodge.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

On 8/18/2023 at 12:08 AM, RazieL.5684 said:

reason willbender isn't being nerfed is the same as why harbingers aren't being nerfed, the same as why thiefs aren't being nerfed... bad players stick to them like glue because they are easy to play, extremely forgiving and gives them sense of accomplishment when facerolling... keeps players happy and keeps them playing the game...

Harbinger isnt even in same category as willbender, daredevil or cata, u guys living in a past, harbinger is long past being a "cheese" class in wvw, power creep in other classes and various nerfs/changes made it into mediocre roamer that is effective only against pve players that come with random builds to collect gifts of battle. In current day of year 2023 harbinger is one of least scary roamer to encounter (yes there is like... 10 skilled player's in wvw that mastered the harb and can troll/kite small groups, but median harbingers is less challenging than camp lords)

/////

Willbender burst is so overpowered its surreal, it can stun,daze, process insane amount of burning and deliver ridiculous amount of crude power in ~4 button rotation. 

Bender with dragon/marauder mix, scholar runes and brawler relic can kill harbinger in mare second/s if harb wasnt expecting an shadowstep ambush (all the way thru the carpace stacks and 3k toughness, if by some wonder harb still alive or manage to breakstun because incoming crit roll was kind to him, he dies from burn cond alongside the wurm that was used for stunbreak, if by some wonder, if by some wonder condi gets cleansed fast enough willy have another burst this time from gs for you, bonus points if harb throws its elite elexir as then willy just converts it all to boons and kills harb just by looking it)

WIlly burst is so broken that its in category of its own, if that isnt enough it also have top tier thief like mobility (arguably significantly better than mesmers) on top of that it also self generating all important boons and have immense sustain from elite and healing skills. Only drawback it haves is like ~20% higher CD than other roaming classes have.  

Daredevil is absolute menace now in eu servers, newbie daredevil delivering perma crits between 8-9k. Mobility, invisibility, self heal generation is off the charts, if daredevil is being played by thief main u cant beat him, its not skill game in this level of brokness, only way to deal with him is by having few somewhat coordinated allies alongside u. Its in same category of cheesiness as willy yet have bit higher skill/learning curve. 

Cata is annoying cheese for a long time now, but ele confuses and scares most players so u see cata once in blue moon, also if we start complaining about it and ele gets another nerf... ele mains will end up with mental breakdown, there is no need for that, they are special part of community and must be taken care off. 

Did u guys heard about staff soulbeast assassin that one-shoots? I give it few months until it surfaces in forums, people here and in metabattle/gw2mist is like a quarter behind a meta curve

////

Anyways... Willbender is completely and utterly broken, it wouldn't be a problem (just like soulbeast currently isnt) if not the amount of benders running around. It makes game extremely frustrating to play for people that roam and wander around instead of running with ppt tower blobs or fight-focused voice commanded boon balls. If its somewhat skilled willbender it just appears out of thin air, caps u almost instantly, and disappears in the bushes, no amount of "git gud" can solve this. 

For weeks in /T i wrote stuff like "I hate willbenders so much its unreal", "Willbender must be deleted from a game".... yesterday i just said "fug it", loaded radiant bender cheese build, dragon stats, and now i just jump around among my fellow benders and collect bags while having somewhat skill based game against other willbenders and daredevils, there is lesson here lads. 

Edited by Triptaminas.4789
forgot to specify which cheese build i embraced
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Triptaminas.4789 said:

Willbender burst is so overpowered its surreal, it can stun,daze, process insane amount of burning and deliver ridiculous amount of crude power in ~4 button rotation. 

Bender with dragon/marauder mix, scholar runes and brawler relic can kill harbinger in mare second/s if harb wasnt expecting an shadowstep ambush (all the way thru the carpace stacks and 3k toughness, if by some wonder harb still alive or manage to breakstun because incoming crit roll was kind to him, he dies from burn cond alongside the wurm that was used for stunbreak, if by some wonder, if by some wonder condi gets cleansed fast enough willy have another burst this time from gs for you, bonus points if harb throws its elite elexir as then willy just converts it all to boons and kills harb just by looking it)

WIlly burst is so broken that its in category of its own, if that isnt enough it also have top tier thief like mobility (arguably significantly better than mesmers) on top of that it also self generating all important boons and have immense sustain from elite and healing skills. Only drawback it haves is like ~20% higher CD than other roaming classes have.  

Daredevil is absolute menace now in eu servers, newbie daredevil delivering perma crits between 8-9k. Mobility, invisibility, self heal generation is off the charts, if daredevil is being played by thief main u cant beat him, its not skill game in this level of brokness, only way to deal with him is by having few somewhat coordinated allies alongside u. Its in same category of cheesiness as willy yet have bit higher skill/learning curve. 

Cata is annoying cheese for a long time now, but ele confuses and scares most players so u see cata once in blue moon, also if we start complaining about it and ele gets another nerf... ele mains will end up with mental breakdown, there is no need for that, they are special part of community and must be taken care off. 

Did u guys heard about staff soulbeast assassin that one-shoots? I give it few months until it surfaces in forums, people here and in metabattle/gw2mist is like a quarter behind a meta curve

////

The class arent broken, It the people who macro script multiple skill into one specific buttons  for combo chains that makes it look/feel broken.

If you dont believe just run a bunker build and record the combat log. Skill use base on the log for these players  are always near prefect even under constant pressure/dps from enemies. 

Players who play without macro script do tend to have a slower reaction since their attention spam is split between themselves, the opponent and their surrounding among another things. It get even worse with more complex classes hence legit players who play the same builds will not have the impossible efficiency of scripter that is what is making these class look overpowered.

Hence rather then blame Anet, blame the players who are running scripts.

Edited by WastedYears.8934
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1