Why Ranger and Warrior are jokes

bethekey.8314

Pig ranger and Berserker as honorable mentions of course.

Hunter's call + One Wolf Pack + Sic Em dealing 20k+ fairly unavoidable damage.

Bladesworn with high health, high mobility, highest sustain, near projectile immunity, cc immunity, 20+ might, 8k+ ranged AoE stuns etc.

Why are these classes baby mode?

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 11
  • Sad 2

It works as it reads, but I can't imagine Shield Master giving you infinite aegis reflects as anything more than an oversight.
Warrior literally did not have aegis access when SM was changed to reflect while blocking and only got it like 8 years later. I can almost guarantee nobody thought about that possibility.

It's pretty stupid on a class that already has incredible sustain lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, pbalint.1607 said:

Yikes, like a 200 pound gorilla fighting a child...

I want to get off Harambe's wild ride...

5 minutes ago, Shagie.7612 said:

It works as it reads, but I can't imagine Shield Master giving you infinite aegis reflects as anything more than an oversight.
Warrior literally did not have aegis access when SM was changed to reflect while blocking and only got it like 8 years later. I can almost guarantee nobody thought about that possibility.

It's pretty stupid on a class that already has incredible sustain lol

Yeah. This, plus all the other things add up to a monster with very few (if any) vulnerable openings. Can't fight them melee, can't fight them ranged, can't cc, can't out sustain...what's left for certain classes to do? I'm not just talking about specific specs here. If I were to spec for the sustain + defenses Bladesworn currently has, as any Engineer spec, I would absolutely do 50% or less of their damage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

For warrior: Unlike most of projectiles hate in this game, just do a melee or AoE hit "to counter" warrior's Aegis.

Yes, bsw is carried by its sustain, that spec does nothing without the dumb sustain, and that aspect needs to change.

At least it's not another post complaining about a warrior meme build (Gun Flame)

Edited by Zizekent.2398
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, XxsdgxX.8109 said:

Right, I forgot you receive a passive 20% damage reduction and an additional dodge when you don't run the same setup as the OP.

Yeah youre probably right...  the turret is a good utility choice for PvP.  Its just most people have not worked that out yet.

Shield or Hammer offer no defensive options either. Rifle is probably the best choice here. Most scrappers run rifle for sure.

There's certainly no better options.

Edited by Sandzibar.5134
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

Just wait for wild Trevor to appear and write an essay how that Ranger build is noobstomper with being as vague as humanly possible.
Most funny thing is, that kitten isn't even new... 

Stop making me a poster boy villain. In the other thread, I was the first person to show up and explain to you exactly what is wrong with these builds and how to nerf it.

Here is what is going on:

1. The pig maul and prelude are too strong in melee. Pig maul on its own is dealing a lot more damage than even worldly impact for some reason. Prelude was never a problem until these build structures appeared, which is making the pull into 2s immob problematic. Prelude is now problematic because damage is way higher than normal.
  2. The reason why damage is way higher than normal is largely/mostly because of how much might stacking these builds have. There is seriously way too much might stacking for how much general raw damage the build already has. Read all of these sources of might stacking and you'll see where these builds are gaining so much more damage than normal traditional Soulbeast builds: Strider's Strength - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W) -- Griffon Stance - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W) so you pair these two together with the free evades from griffon and the evades from swords and the evade on Smoke Assault merged skill which also stacks natural might on top of Strider and Griffon Smoke Assault (soulbeast) - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W) -- then we're talking might stacks from beast mastery which when merged, each proc from pet and ranger both effect ranger Potent Ally - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W) -- then you also have sword auto might stack on 3rd swing  Precision Swipe - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W) -- and this isn't accounting for courge or battle sigils being used.

So at least know what you're complaining about. Traditional Soulbeast builds had always been generating low might if they had any might to generate at all. This new melee build has found a way to generate self 25 might on-demand. This is why its damage is waaay over the top. Nothing has changed other than it finding a way to generate self 25 might.

The pig maul by default is dealing too much damage. Prelude is kind of debatable imo but a lot of people are upset with it atm. But it isn't the Sword buffs where the damage is coming from or Warhorn. It's the easy 25 might stacking. <- This is where the problem is.

They need to just remove most of that might stacking. It would feel like a normal Soulbeast if it was generating 5-6 stacks of might instead of 25 might. If you took away that might stacking it would easily remove like 1/4th or 1/3rd of that damage output.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5

Also the attack that soulbeasts use that tracks through stealth, you have to dodge twice to not get shredded by it  and then they follow up with a wombo one shot combo with dmg over time and unblockable(not 100% sure yet) built in And if that fails they disengage with stealth or use an immune button.

Bruh 😂 how is this fine first you gotta survive a tracking ability then you survive an ungodly amount of dmg ability and then you have to either look for them or sit out an immune duration. And I read that ppl say its glass cannon, yh bruh its glass cannon when they take their hands off the keyboard 🤣 thetracking ability has dodge frames too 🙃 most braindead kitten ive ever seen

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

WHY did you randomly dodge twice in a row as if you're a silver 1 player... and you did that WHILE blind-siding yourself with your own camera. That's how you royally ate that BS's Dragon Slash.

There's ways to counter BS War but you did everything incorrectly.... that's why everyone's confused with your video.

Edited by Saiyan.1704
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, atshadow.8695 said:

they follow up with a wombo one shot combo with dmg over time and unblockable(not 100% sure yet) built in And if that fails they disengage

Those Soulbeast builds don't use unblockables my dude.

42 minutes ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

Guard focus 4 should do 20k damage.

Cata should get aegis and passive unblockable attacks.

Rangers don't have unblockable attacks unless they bring Sig Of Hunt which isn't worth using for several reasons.

Cata on the other hand actually does have unblockable attacks like Gale, that are naturally unblockable without needing traits or utility skills tied in.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 6

4 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Traditional Soulbeast builds had always been generating low might if they had any might to generate at all.

but anyone with an ounce of knowledge and the courage to step outside the narrow meta could stack 25 might easily since fresh reinforcement was broken in the past

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

but anyone with an ounce of knowledge and the courage to step outside the narrow meta could stack 25 might easily since fresh reinforcement was broken in the past

You're talking oooold boonbeast stuff.

Fresh reinforcements hasn't been practical to use for a long time now.

None of this might stacking stuff was good until they did these recent changes which made it worth it. Trying to might stack on it in say the past 2 years with the way traits/skills used to be, was too much of a sacrifice from certain abilities you 100% needed mandatory for survival, and it wasn't strong enough might stacking to make up for the sacrifice in survival utilities.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Those Soulbeast builds don't use unblockables my dude.

Rangers don't have unblockable attacks unless they bring Sig Of Hunt which isn't worth using for several reasons.

Cata on the other hand actually does have unblockable attacks like Gale, that are naturally unblockable without needing traits or utility skills tied in.

Yh I wasnt sure either just based off of reading thru the utilities when Imade one to check what they had

Edit: read your other post on suggested nerfs they seem spot on 

Edited by atshadow.8695
  • Like 1