When will condition builds be addressed?

Apolo.5942

When downstate is deleted, when stealth is nerfed, when power builds can no longer do 10k+ bursts, when the cornerstone is visible again, when pulls and teleports no longer go through objects, when the lag is gone, when the engineer pistol actually has the AA speed is supposed to have. 

Take your pick.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Apolo.5942 said:

WvW balance is a dumpsterfire, when are you nerfing conditions?.

condi is only good in roaming , and cele is the reason that condi is popular on a lot of builds , so if anything , cele should be nerfed or maybe build arround condi cleanses , i use antitoxin runes to avoid this problem , but since antitoxin runes are only good for condi players , in the new expac you will be able to take its major trait to cleans so many condis off you , and here you go i found a condi counter by thinking , wasn't so hard right ? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Random dude.5089 said:

condi is only good in roaming , and cele is the reason that condi is popular on a lot of builds , so if anything , cele should be nerfed or maybe build arround condi cleanses , i use antitoxin runes to avoid this problem , but since antitoxin runes are only good for condi players , in the new expac you will be able to take its major trait to cleans so many condis off you , and here you go i found a condi counter by thinking , wasn't so hard right ? 

Are you kidding me, the go to rune to fight off conditions, has CONDITION STATS ON IT.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 6

33 minutes ago, Apolo.5942 said:

Are you kidding me, the go to rune to fight off conditions, has CONDITION STATS ON IT.

brother , please read first what  i typed before responding  , in the new expansion that is coming next month , you can equip the last trait of any rune you like , without the need to take the condi stats with it , so you can go with defender runes and having the cleanse effect instead of the bock effect , so in about 3 weeks , you can have power builds too being able to have way better condi cleanses to counter condi , so here is the answer to your post , yes its gonna be fixed the next expansion , even tho condi is not an issue in pvp , unless you wanna go ugabunga on your utility bar with full dps combination instead of cleansing.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Axelteas.7192 said:

When you learn to clean condis

You say this like it's hard to inflict conditions. This game makes everything easy when you run a specific build and learn your combo. And a lot of people including you mistake knowing your rotation for skill. It's not. It never was.

Everyone was here complaining last patch was going to be a boon meta where nobody was going to die, lmao. Nope.

Same old same old:

It's the same annoying roamers teleporting out when they get outplayed and then following you and then repeat. Anyone new quits the gamemode. They harass people trying to get to zergs. It's the ultimate "I only have fun griefing other players because I flunked out of sPvP and all MOBA games" role.

It's the same zergs with slight changes in comp. Nerfing boon strip did not make boons mega super OP.

Worse - the patch has brought in catalysts and rangers and other ranged super-high mobility classes so you get these ranged comps just poking at zergs and of course they're all hyper mobile so you can never convincingly win. And even if you kill 20 of 30 they rush back with all their movement skills and get back in time to contest again.

This pvp meta continues to be catastrophically bad. The patch made it worse but of course not in the way people complained about.

Edited by Leger.3724
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Apolo.5942 said:

Yeah it always annoyed me that there wasn't a power variant of it. Hopefully Relics will fix that and they don't delete it outright, I wan't my power antitoxin.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

When downstate is deleted, when stealth is nerfed, when power builds can no longer do 10k+ bursts, when the cornerstone is visible again, when pulls and teleports no longer go through objects, when the lag is gone, when the engineer pistol actually has the AA speed is supposed to have. 

Take your pick.

You forgot celestial gear.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Don you find it curious that there being builds almost immune to them, conditions STILL DOMINATE, dont you realize how problematic this is?.

Dont you realize how overtunned they need to be for this to be the case?.

Edited by Apolo.5942
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, Apolo.5942 said:

Don you find it curious that there being builds almost immune to them, conditions STILL DOMINATE, dont you realize how problematic this is?.

Dunno where you get your information from but most roaming builds are cele or power. Thief is the best roaming class with SA Rilfe build which is power. After this i would rank cele harbinger which is mostly condi but immobile compared to other roamers. 

In zergs power builds dominate. So wheres your problem excatly? I really dont know which builds you are talking about maybe post them or link metabattle or whatever.

I reccommend you playing power shoutsworn roaming build if u want a f uck them up warrior build. Link is here:

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Bladesworn_-_Power_Shoutsworn_Roamer

its pretty good vs most condi builds if you can kite.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Condi is bad in WvW.

Here. Here is a condi skill: https://i.imgur.com/5Kz17GY.png

So if I land that in melee range, and by some miracle, my opponent chooses not to cleanse for 18 (eighteen!!!!) (imagine my arms flailing around for emphasis) seconds, then I might get as much damage as most power builds land with their heavy hitting skills in one blow, instantly. In reality, it's almost always cleansed within 3 seconds.

And that's just against 1 opponent. When you add supports into the mix, it's even worse, because they're cleansing for their teammates too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

On 7/29/2023 at 12:11 PM, Apolo.5942 said:

Odd... if I had no issue fighting against conditions on my thief (retired) my scrapper (retired) and my mesmer (all three builds I play) .... 

Then why are you having issues? 

If you do not like conditions then fix your build. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, coro.3176 said:

imagine my arms flailing around for emphasis)

That made me laugh.

But it is true. If someone doesn't cleanse then they take okay damage, but because people generally cleanse quite rapidly, the damage we do with conditions is not even remotely close to what a power build can do over time.

I always come across someone who runs multiple cleanses.  Like 2 days ago. 2 of us had a failed attempt at the enemy NC (Alpine bl)....

The same three people kept fighting two of us where they'd die, respawn, and come out again. At one point the guards all respawned, so my ally died and I ran. 

There was a Mirage who I had killed twice came after me (relentlessly) and he had changed his build to run more cleansing. It was a "Tough As Hell" fight as he kept cleansing over and over. Every shatter cleansed a condition. 

I barely won. I didn't think I was going to. But by comparison, the condition damage he took was miniscule compared to the power damage I had to deal with. 

Leave conditions alone. 

Edited by Jitters.9401
  • Like 1

On 7/29/2023 at 8:11 PM, Apolo.5942 said:

FULL Condi builds are kitten.. And so freaking ez to counter these days, after they introduced cleansing sigil. So if ur dying to them, ur doing something wrong. And its not cause the condis are OP. Torment is basically the only condi u can stack properly these days, and dos 0 dmg after they nerfed it. Burning dos tons of dmg, yes. But most the classes running burning cant provide enough cover condis to make it stick. Condi druid is basically useless after seed nerf, so they are out. And who kitten frick plays condi mes anymore, even after changes to mirage. 

Now what u can complain about, is what most ppl complain about these days, cele bullds. But that's not do to high condi dmg. But do to kitten amount of sustain. U ever seen a full condi harb? Doubtful, cause it suck. Same goes for basically any full condi bullds these days. So stop screaming condis are op, cause they aint. Not if u compare them to old condi bullds. Like old condi scourge, and reaper in the beginning of hot launch, when there was no condi cap limit, and instantly stacking 50 stacks of bleed on u. And who remembers old condi mes, before perplexity nerf? Good times. 

8 hours ago, coro.3176 said:

Condi is bad in WvW.

Here. Here is a condi skill: https://i.imgur.com/5Kz17GY.png

So if I land that in melee range, and by some miracle, my opponent chooses not to cleanse for 18 (eighteen!!!!) (imagine my arms flailing around for emphasis) seconds, then I might get as much damage as most power builds land with their heavy hitting skills in one blow, instantly. In reality, it's almost always cleansed within 3 seconds.

And that's just against 1 opponent. When you add supports into the mix, it's even worse, because they're cleansing for their teammates too.

Nah, just core engineer condi is bad.

• Like 2

On 7/30/2023 at 4:33 PM, Apolo.5942 said:

Me trying to find these dominate condi builds in Wvw. 

🌴👀 Not behind this tree. 

🪑👀Not behind this chair. 

🏞️👀 Looking far and wide. 

🌈👀Maybe at the end of the Rainbow. 

• Haha 2

Over the past two days I found that I can completely decimate an attacking zerg by firing condis off from the back line, until I get focused of course. I believe it's just too many glass builds in the zergs frontline, they can dish it out but melts like butter once their backline is suppressed. Unless of course they're the type of zerg that only fights when they have a significant numerical advantage.

• Confused 1