Request to Anet regarding Engineer's upcomming new core weapon in SOTO

Serious Engineer players only |: Do you want shortbow for engineer?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Serious Engineer players only |: Do you want shortbow for engineer?

• Yes
    • No
    • It's fine but i would rather have other power weapon like Greatsword / Axe x 2 or a solid Condi weapon

As i have seen that we engineer getting shortbow. And i believe that shortbow is really doesn't seem to be fun to play around. I wish i could get to have greatsword or Axe x2, i find greatsword & Axe more fun but idk what other think.

Engineer only has 5 total weapon (1 shield) in game. 

Core

• Pistol (Main & Off-hand) | condi weapon
  • Rifle | Power weapon
  • Shield | block/CC

Elite spec

• Holosmit: Sword
  • Scrapper: Hammer
  • Mechanist: Mace

Weapon we don't have

1. Off-hand sword (Condi or Power)
  2. Off-hand Mace (Power)
  3. Axe (Main & Off-hand) (Condi or Power)
  4. Off-hand Mace (Condi)
  5. Greatsword (Power)
  6. Foci/Focus (Condi or Power)
  7. Staff (Condi or support/debuffs)
  8. Daggers (Main & Off-hand) (Condi or Power)
  9. Longbows (PLEASE NO!) (Power)
  10. Scepters (Condi)
  11. Torches (Condi)
  12. Warhorns (Support or Condi)
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

I dont see why serious engineers wouldnt want the shortbow. Chances are very high its going to be exactly like p/p except with the correct autoattack cd that Anet refuse to fix in the name of Purity Of Purpose and with probably 2-3x the potential dps due to functional main damage skills compared to the broken blowtorch.

• Like 4

well considering it is an engineer, and the main theme are technological gadgets, odds are that engineer shortbow will have skill flavour of MCU's hawkeye with his fancy gadget arrows, and I would say I'd actually like to play around that sort of a character build theme in GW2.

EDIT: 

to address this part:

8 hours ago, August.5934 said:

And i believe that shortbow is really doesn't seem to be fun to play around. I wish i could get to have greatsword or Axe x2, i find greatsword & Axe more fun

What kind of "fun to play around" themes are there for an engineer with greatsword or axes, that are not already done better by other classes again?

Edited by Lord Trejgon.2809
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

I dont see why serious engineers wouldnt want the shortbow. Chances are very high its going to be exactly like p/p except with the correct autoattack cd that Anet refuse to fix in the name of Purity Of Purpose and with probably 2-3x the potential dps due to functional main damage skills compared to the broken blowtorch.

Yeah it's just Shortbow skins are really bad generally 😕 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/7/2023 at 8:48 PM, Knighthonor.4061 said:

Yeah it's just Shortbow skins are really bad generally 😕 

It's hard to find an engineer themed short bow that I'm in love with. Best I've got is probably the Aetherized Short Bow. I'm hoping that they give us a new achievement series for unlocking profession related skins, like they did with elite specialization weapons. The scrapper hammers are very well themed for Charr engineer players!

• Like 1

I'm kind of fond of the Wintersday slingshot skin, myself.

Personally, I'm hoping they do something interesting/odd with Engineer shortbow. Say, an auto attack, and then the remaining attacks actually launch devices that turn into 2-3 shot turrets where they land. No traits to improve shortbow, but the turrets can be improved by traits for an indirect buff.

On 8/8/2023 at 9:40 AM, Suyheuti.1732 said:

Craft “Chuka and Champawat”. I think that is the best shortbow skin and effects in game

I use that flaming one from the gem store that was a mirror 🪞 copy of the long bow version, on size and all. It's my favorite shortbow skin. Spent a lot of gems on keys 🔑 to get it from the BLC when it came out lol.