Will people with less than a week left on their monthly Chest Of Loyalty recieve it when SotO launches? [Merged]

because we most likely can't earn enough aa to get our chest with its 2% gold find (which they haven't said is a thing or how we will receive it) and the other reward ie clovers and ob shards or what ever you choose.  they could have instituted the new system and left the old in place for the rest of a login in cycle, or I don't know relieve a lot of anxiety and just answer ppls questions. I can understand wanting to build suspense and hype a new products, but I feel a little betrayed they didn't announce these changes in a better way or when they announced the expansion said something like hey we are also going to be changing the daily log in rewards system at launch. I guess its very short notice. 

• Like 8
  • Confused 6

2 minutes ago, Signcraft.9641 said:

because we most likely can't earn enough aa to get our chest with its 2% gold find (which they haven't said is a thing or how we will receive it) and the other reward ie clovers and ob shards or what ever you choose.  they could have instituted the new system and left the old in place for the rest of a login in cycle, or I don't know relieve a lot of anxiety and just answer ppls questions. I can understand wanting to build suspense and hype a new products, but I feel a little betrayed they didn't announce these changes in a better way or when they announced the expansion said something like hey we are also going to be changing the daily log in rewards system at launch. I guess its very short notice. 

They announced this multiple months ago. People have had plenty of time to finish out a full 28-day log in cycle before the change.

New Rewards in Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure – GuildWars2.com

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

I did read the June post but I guess I didn't understand that the old log in system was leaving 😔. I'm guess it feels sudden because none of it really blew up until the recent post. To be truthful I rarely do daily things as I am ap capped so I always rushed off to content I enjoyed or needed for my leggies and now I feel it's going to be harder to get those clovers. It took me 2 yrs to get my first leggy but now I'm addicted and want more. those coins are going to be missed if I have to choose what I spend my aa on ( coins vs clovers) or doing more dailies for the same reward I got for logging in. I guess we can hope that aa will be awarded for more then just the daily weekly etc. I would hate to have to do those things instead of content I really like because of a time constraint. Here is hoping for a positive outcome on Tues.

Edited by Signcraft.9641
Spelling

2 hours ago, Signcraft.9641 said:

I did read the June post but I guess I didn't understand that the old log in system was leaving 😔. I'm guess it feels sudden because none of it really blew up until the recent post. To be truthful I rarely do daily things as I am ap capped so I always rushed off to content I enjoyed or needed for my leggies and now I feel it's going to be harder to get those clovers. It took me 2 yrs to get my first leggy but now I'm addicted and want more. those coins are going to be missed if I have to choose what I spend my aa on ( coins vs clovers) or doing more dailies for the same reward I got for logging in. I guess we can hope that aa will be awarded for more then just the daily weekly etc. I would hate to have to do those things instead of content I really like because of a time constraint. Here is hoping for a positive outcome on Tues.

The way i understand is that It would actually become easier to get the clovers and coins. Because now you dont have to wait for them and directly buy them on the first week of the month instead of spread through the month.

• Like 2

One question I haven't seen an answer to yet, is what will be available in my Chest of Loyalty post SotO launch? I've been saving them up to get mystic clovers, but if those are no longer going to be available out of the Chests of Loyalty I have stored, I'd like to know now, please!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

The way i understand is that It would actually become easier to get the clovers and coins. Because now you dont have to wait for them and directly buy them on the first week of the month instead of spread through the month.

Depends on price. Reward will be targeted, but you will get less, at least my prediction.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

12 hours ago, Rhansem.4865 said:

They announced this multiple months ago. People have had plenty of time to finish out a full 28-day log in cycle before the change.

New Rewards in Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure – GuildWars2.com

They didn't mention anything about this new system replacing the old then. As they mentioned it in that blog, it seemed like an addition.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

I sincerely doubt you will be getting equal worth of material rewards from the new system. Especially considering you'd probably want to save most of astral claims on skins etc. Besides, you will still not get enough for legendary crafting just from this system alone, and will need to buy most of the stuff off TP. And those prices are sure to go up as a result of this change.

• Like 4
  • Confused 7

As far as I know they haven't mentioned the chests of loyalty at all. We do know the current login rewards are going away, so if it's possible to get more of them it will mean buying them with astral acclaim, but we don't know if the chest will be an option or if you'll just be able to buy the things which were in it.

But if you know what you want from them why keep saving them? Why not open them now? You'd definitely be safe keeping the Chest of Legendary Crafting Materials because those also come from achievements so they won't be going away. (Or you could open them as well and store the Mystic Clovers and Obsidian in your material storage.)

4 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

I sincerely doubt you will be getting equal worth of material rewards from the new system. Especially considering you'd probably want to save most of astral claims on skins etc. Besides, you will still not get enough for legendary crafting just from this system alone, and will need to buy most of the stuff off TP. And those prices are sure to go up as a result of this change.

How do you know this?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The login rewards are going away, being replaced with this new Wizard's Vault mechanic, so possibly on launch of xpac they might do a final count so that you get Astral Acclaim for the number of days you are along in the login reward cycle.

As we know, you will get 5 AA for simply logging in, and basically that's what the login rewards have been doing, so since the "Chest of Loyalty" was on day 28, it _might_ be available to purchase for AA, as well as bags of mystic coins, bags of laurels, etc. and that, say you are on day 12 of your login rewards next Tuesday, you will get compensated 5x12 Astral Acclaim.

Or, more likely, you get nothing and everyone starts with a clean slate 😄 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Curennos.9307 said:

Is it confirmed that the daily login box is going away? I keep seeing wildly different bits of information everywhere - some say it's going away, some say it's staying...

Yes it is 100% confirmed.

The Wizard’s Vault replaces the existing daily login rewards and daily achievements -- specifically the generic Daily category. 

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Log-in_Rewards

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Daily_(achievements)

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/discover-the-wonders-within-the-wizards-vault-in-guild-wars-2-secrets-of-the-obscure/

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

• Forum Moderator.3419 changed the title to Will people with less than a week left on their monthly Chest Of Loyalty recieve it when SotO launches? [Merged]

I'm going to just miss my chest too. 🙃

Such is life, even if they had announced the change earlier it's not like there was any way I could have sped up my reward track. On the plus side with the new system, you'll be able to choose it first rather than last (or whatever equivalent replaces it)

• Like 1