Embiggerment: For weapons!

Hello, thank you for making this year the year of GW2 Anet, I was referred to your game by a friend and I've been having a blast this year; can't wait for SOTO.

A lot of people, myself included, love the Embiggerment tonic potion, and I know you've noticed this as well. But wondering, would it be possible to have the same tonic but for weapons?

2Handed hammers are specially really small in this game, in my opinion (I could be seriously wrong), and I would love to  make them bigger.

Alternatively I would love if in the future you consider making bigger 2 handed hammer models.

PS. There's gotta be some Souls game lovers out here who would agree about bigger 2 handed hammers?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Hmm, the Super Adventure Box weapons would have been a perfect chance to make comically large weapons.  They decided to go in a different direction though.  I suppose it could still happen with Sparking Stone's festival weapons.  Maybe next April he will have a super mallet skin, or something.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

To each their own, I am not judging or condemning a desire for larger weapons, but I was flabbergasted when I read that the hammers in this game, already at least an order of magnitude larger that any actual medieval weapon, are too small.

Well it depends on the hammer skin and race playing.  Originally I used human, and most hammers and 1 handers look giant to him. But once I made my norn Revenant into my new main, I started to notice how weapons scale poorly across races.       

Honestly at this point (as suggested before on the forum), I wouldn't mind if we got some kind of Human-Norn biracial customization that let me use Norn Male Skeleton but culturally and gameplay wise, it uses Human racial and starting area, but the hybrid race also uses Human size Skeleton instead of the large Current Norn size.  

The one thing I hate about the human Skeleton is how the male looks and animates. Everything else I like about the human race in gw2.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Knighthonor.4061 said:

Well it depends on the hammer skin and race playing.  Originally I used human, and most hammers and 1 handers look giant to him. But once I made my norn Revenant into my new main, I started to notice how weapons scale poorly across races.       

Honestly at this point (as suggested before on the forum), I wouldn't mind if we got some kind of Human-Norn biracial customization that let me use Norn Male Skeleton but culturally and gameplay wise, it uses Human racial and starting area, but the hybrid race also uses Human size Skeleton instead of the large Current Norn size.  

The one thing I hate about the human Skeleton is how the male looks and animates. Everything else I like about the human race in gw2.

I get it, I am just fond of more realistically sized weapons and a medieval warhammer head (for the most part) was not that much larger, if any, than a modern ball-peen hammer we might use to hammer nails. Scaled up for a norn and it would still be no larger than a smaller sledge hammer.

Better weapon scaling by race doesnt seem like a bad idea to me.

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

This game is such a FX glitter mess with all the legendaries and the gemstore stuff. i hate it. Not the gw2 I used to know 11 years ago

18 hours ago, Antycypator.9874 said:

If you see at least once all the visual clutter caused by gen3 legendary weapons, then you will regret your request. It takes only 1 player and 1 gen3 greatsword to cover up half of your screen.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

the weapon "embigger" togheter with your alt, when use the tonic.

norm + embiggening tonic, u can cosplay various bosses like balthazar lol.

Haha true.

But you'd be limited to 1 tonic at time. 

As for those who don 't like the glitter, colors, and legendaries of today, as a new player I have to say I love seeing all those effects and big weapon sizes. Saying this as someone who's played other mmos/rpgs as well. I feel like, the more option you give players the better; there will always be someone who disagrees or doesn't like it, but what can we do? I don't like plain/boring "true to life" weapon/gear design but I wouldn't deny others from enjoying those.

One thing they could do for "medieval realism" people is add a game option that removes all the shiny things from weapons and gear and reduces the size of weapons. I support this kind of option, even if I wouldn't use it at all.

Both sides would live happily I believe.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

I hate games like new world where hammers are ridiculously large.  But I agree that in this game some models are oddly small as well.  My personal peeve is when axes or hammers have pencil sized shafts,  nothing makes a weapon look more weak.  

15 hours ago, Ghastly.3914 said:

As for those who don 't like the glitter, colors, and legendaries of today, as a new player I have to say I love seeing all those effects and big weapon sizes.

Well, it's not really a matter of liking them, so much as the video chaos that happens when you get more than one or two, plus skill effects, plus assorted other cosmetic effects all on the screen at once while you try to make out what's going on under a pulsing white fx blob filling the center of your screen. As was already mentioned,

On 8/20/2023 at 5:48 AM, Antycypator.9874 said:

If you see at least once all the visual clutter caused by gen3 legendary weapons, then you will regret your request. It takes only 1 player and 1 gen3 greatsword to cover up half of your screen.

Mass-participation events can be almost completely illegible. The blob can also bury enemy mechanic indicators, which means that at least indirectly, all of those shinies can actually kill you.