1 minute ago, AlenaVolkova.8179 said:

What seems to be is that they stripped the original 6th rune bonus and turn them into relics, then replace the 6th rune bonus with a stat instead, so I guess we just have to find relic that will restore our now lost rune bonus.

Thank you much! Based on another thread, it sounds like most are there but anything that involved summoning a pet don't seem to have a rune replacement, so those may be gone.

1 hour ago, Ganogati.8963 said:

Thank you much! Based on another thread, it sounds like most are there but anything that involved summoning a pet don't seem to have a rune replacement, so those may be gone.

No pet summons and no movement speed passive on any of the relics, and most of the bonuses that gave boons in combat are gone as well (Fireworks, Pack, etc).

Edit: apparently, movement speed was retained on some runes but others lost it.

Edited by Ariurotl.3718
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

The Relics do nothing!!!

I'm trying out the Relic of the Thief, and my DPS is literally the same as before. Note: A few days ago, I did an extensive DPS test while wearing no pants, and I'm still wearing the exact same gear now. This means that adding a Relic should've added some juicy DPS, but there's been no change at all.

further testing: Spamming Reaper's Shroud auto-attack (which doesn't trigger the Relic's effect) still gives me more DPS. So, either Relics are bugged, or they have no effect unless you're wearing 6 runes, which I'm about to test now.

ok, Thief's add +1k DPS to my 32k rotation which checks (while wearing my full gear with six runes). However, they seem to indeed have no effect if I'm not wearing all gear.

Edited by Arianth Moonlight.6453
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

I thoughtt hey said move speed was a stat have you checked rune of the traveler 6th bonus?

Unless movement speed is now something that can be increased by boon duration, nope. It's gone.

Edit: Ah its ONLY fireworks (that I usually use on slow chars) that's lost it. Surging, traveler, cavalier has the 25% speed. That's why I didnt see it.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Sad 1

The fact is they advertised the game as not having gear treadmills of this kind. I quote.. "If you log off and come back you won't be any less powerful than before." While they have not raised the level cap, the fact is the runes people put together, and all their builds no longer work at the level that they did. You pulled a warframe with their rework, a blah blah whatever game with their rework, etc. Why not learn from how they implemented things poorly in other studios and do better?

The bare minimum that needed to happen was if you had 6 runes of a type, convert it to a relic and give it to the player. They flat out nerfed people.

There is the inventory slot RIGHT THERE and it was blank since relics were in the land of martin mc-doesn't-exist. Fill it with a relic with the 6th bonus if you detect 6 runes of a superior quality on the gear in that build slot. Bam, presto, solved. Why wasn't this done?

While I don't think the splitting of stats and special effects is bad, this is a lazy way to do it and it didn't need to be.

They could have been like... "hey all your old stuff is here, but try this new system thats totally better than before."

Instead: "Get back to work, especially if you do competitive content, quick, fix all your builds that we wrecked like a cat knocking stuff off of a shelf so you can get back to where you were before the expansion launched."

They rushed the content. They gave in to the crunch. Now deal with people complaining about it. They should complain about it because it could have been given more time or effort.

Edited by Sahfur.5612
  • Like 12
  • Confused 1

I managed to hop in the game for a moment. My Pack rune lost its 25% movement speed, as expected, BUT my "traveler" rune still has 25% movement speed as #6. Im staring right at it. It has lost the condition damage bonus, though.

At least there's an option for us movement speed folks... lol

• Like 1

On 8/21/2023 at 12:17 PM, Chyro.1462 said:

What's with the drama? Just get the relic that has the special effect of your current rune set, equip it and you've lost nothing.

Sure, maybe not every single niche rune effect will be covered. But I'm quite certain you'll find some relic with something similar enough or better than what you have currently as the 6th rune effect. Dunno why you would require that superspeed bonus from the Zephyrite runes, but maybe you'll get it back as a Relic. Or alternatively if there's a relic with the runes of speed effect that pretty much turns swiftness into superspeed for you, which is easier to upkeep than superspeed anyways if you're not on Scrapper.

Turns out I can't find a "relic that has the special effect of [my] current rune set". So, perhaps I've lost more than "nothing". Though, perhaps you consider Scholar a "niche rune effect".

• Like 9

I loved my golemancy rune and my golem summon. Now they deleted this. For me this expansion is a huge disappointment and I regret paying for it. I wanted them to add more  effects, not remove current ones that were just fine! At this point fk Anet! I played a bit today, got disappointed and will just stop playing  GW2.

• Like 8
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Exactly as I feared, this is a big nerf to runes. Just one example, the +10% Max Health on the 6th rune was replaced by +125 vitality. Not even close. I lost over 2,000 health. And the 6th rune bonus was absolutely critical to all of my PvE power builds. It's not offered in this first release of relics at all. Completely broke my builds.

Not to mention that I have all 8 build slots unlocked on all nine professions. That's 72 6th rune bonuses replaced by THREE freebie relics. And the huge loss of flexibility from legendary runes.

I don't mind the concept of relics adding more build flexibility but they know how to do the math. The 6th stat bonus should have been exactly equivalent to what it replaced. And ALL 6th rune bonuses need to have been available on day one. With all the community concern and discussion about relics prior to the release, there is absolutely no way they couldn't have known this. They just want to do what they want to do. An expansion should be about adding content, not removing it.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Sahfur.5612 said:

The fact is they advertised the game as not having gear treadmills of this kind. I quote.. "If you log off and come back you won't be any less powerful than before." While they have not raised the level cap, the fact is the runes people put together, and all their builds no longer work at the level that they did. You pulled a warframe with their rework, a blah blah whatever game with their rework, etc. Why not learn from how they implemented things poorly in other studios and do better?

The bare minimum that needed to happen was if you had 6 runes of a type, convert it to a relic and give it to the player. They flat out nerfed people.

There is the inventory slot RIGHT THERE and it was blank since relics were in the land of martin mc-doesn't-exist. Fill it with a relic with the 6th bonus if you detect 6 runes of a superior quality on the gear in that build slot. Bam, presto, solved. Why wasn't this done?

While I don't think the splitting of stats and special effects is bad, this is a lazy way to do it and it didn't need to be.

They could have been like... "hey all your old stuff is here, but try this new system thats totally better than before."

Instead: "Get back to work, especially if you do competitive content, quick, fix all your builds that we wrecked like a cat knocking stuff off of a shelf so you can get back to where you were before the expansion launched."

They rushed the content. They gave in to the crunch. Now deal with people complaining about it. They should complain about it because it could have been given more time or effort.

This !

Well said.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ariurotl.3718 said:

No pet summons and no movement speed passive on any of the relics, and most of the bonuses that gave boons in combat are gone as well (Fireworks, Pack, etc).

Edit: apparently, movement speed was retained on some runes but others lost it.

Poo, I'll miss my Rock Dogs and Ravens.   Hopefully they will be available again soon in an upcoming Relic you can make.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1