Relics are OP

senftube.6081

2 hours ago, Razi.6031 said:

Tbh the speed relic I find kinda redundant as I have constant swiftness and a lot of movement skills and gap closers. So don't really need it. But I'm finding Brawlers great as I have constant protection and resolution uptime for the +10% strike damage.

This should tell you a LOT about the current state of grossness that WB is in WvW....

• Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

Waiting for people to realize then only difference now is that the game is a few hundred stats powercrept now.
And the people complaining about certain specific relics are people who just now realized how strong 6th bonus effects were because of increase of their usability.

Speed runes were bis for slow classes even before this changes. All people didnt play them cause they are bad.
Similarly more utility, damage or boon related relic will be bis for more mobile classes just like before.
Literally nothing changes except for powercreep from stats.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Also I question whether it actually functions at times. I usually run with speed and permaswiftness but I've still seen people outrun me even when not using tps.

Well, it could be broken after the patch. I didn't play much after it.

Before it was pretty noticeable when I put it on Firebrand, which has no mobility whatsoever. Yes I solo on that. And I use speed on my core alt acct.

And to be fair after the patch I was doing it on Willbender. I could run down people's mounts with it. Granted I can do that without speed runes too but that required some effort.

And yea after some playing, I find that we ended up with speed becomes many of the options are kinda bad now. RIP trapper.

(It also isn't faster than actual swiftness ooc)

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Same with me. 🤷‍♂️

Probably worth testing. I can give near perma AOE swiftness so it's pretty easy to test if you're on later. Of course, we have to both be in combat too.

Or if I'm on later, I should say.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Confused 1

Has anyone done extensive testing with Relic of Speed yet? My understanding was that previously Rune of Speed made your swiftness give +66% movement speed INSTEAD of +33%.

But now the wording of Relic of Speed sounds like an additive boost? The tooltip for swiftness also reflects this showing +99% movement speed. I tried testing Relic of Speed and superspeed but it's hard to say if the difference is noticeable.

No relic of speed (33%)

With relic of speed (99%)

Edited by Eugenides.1274
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Eugenides.1274 said:

Has anyone done extensive testing with Relic of Speed yet? My understanding was that previously Rune of Speed made your swiftness give +66% movement speed INSTEAD of +33%.

But now the wording of Relic of Speed sounds like an additive boost? The tooltip for swiftness also reflects this showing +99% movement speed. I tried testing Relic of Speed and superspeed but it's hard to say if the difference is noticeable.

No relic of speed (33%)

It works like before. Tested it while chilled, which reduces movement speed by 66% and so should neutralize the effect of the relic boosted swiftness, which it exactly did.

I guess it's just a wrong tooltip.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Eugenides.1274 said:

No relic of speed (33%)

That tooltip's been broken for years. Speed boosts are generally highest overrides lower, though there are probably exceptions hidden somewhere.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

That tooltip's been broken for years. Speed boosts are generally highest overrides lower, though there are probably exceptions hidden somewhere.

i mean... i wish it really did do what the tooltip said...

weaver

but it's way slower than superspeed...

Edited by RazieL.5684
  • Sad 1

These movement effects only do something in combat not outside of combat. Or at least your movement out side of combat is as fast as you can go with the effect of swiftness base line. Odd ppl are going on about this effect more then when it was an rune set or an trait for an given class.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

What, I thought people wanted low intensity builds? 🤭

Anyways apparently in the comments it's been nerfed.

10 minutes ago, aspirine.6852 said:

Relic of the weaver?

Relic of the Brawler: Gain 10% strike damage for 4 seconds when granting protection or resolution to yourself. (Cooldown: 8 Seconds)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

So far relics seem lackluster compared to the old style of runes. I think they missed the boat while not having all accounted for and feel we had the potential for more diversity but failed that mark and lost it as it stands right now. Now that said the system allows for growth so has potential there to correct itself, but right now...it broke more builds then it improved to me. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

So far relics seem lackluster compared to the old style of runes. I think they missed the boat while not having all accounted for and feel we had the potential for more diversity but failed that mark and lost it as it stands right now. Now that said the system allows for growth so has potential there to correct itself, but right now...it broke more builds then it improved to me. 

And basically only a few are worthwhile to use anyways(like the old system) because of the activation conditions they placed on them, like most of the elite skill usage ones are meh, and so are the ones that require you to use a certain boon or a condition to proc. Except now they killed half the possible bonuses from the old runes, thus killing "build diversity". I'm sure it'll fill out in a year when they bother to bring the rest in, but lol talk about slow rolling content release this expansion.

But really, they probably should overhaul the bonuses, maybe streamline them like the sigils which have a bunch of options for weapon swaps, on hit, on crit, on interrupt, on kill, etc, and get creative like how many 10% strike relics they gonna make? 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

And basically only a few are worthwhile to use anyways(like the old system) because of the activation conditions they placed on them, like most of the elite skill usage ones are meh, and so are the ones that require you to use a certain boon or a condition to proc. Except now they killed half the possible bonuses from the old runes, thus killing "build diversity". I'm sure it'll fill out in a year when they bother to bring the rest in, but lol talk about slow rolling content release this expansion.

But really, they probably should overhaul the bonuses, maybe streamline them like the sigils which have a bunch of options for weapon swaps, on hit, on crit, on interrupt, on kill, etc, and get creative like how many 10% strike relics they gonna make? 🤷‍♂️

I have a 30 more toons to adjust, wasn't seeing it as OP when toon #2 was what do I use here? Pack is a good example that I would suggest get adjusted since the old and new are worlds different, and I say this as less boonballs but this is not the same as spamming boons on a class. Pack was a good boon for groups, warbands and zergs. 

7 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

I have a 30 more toons to adjust, wasn't seeing it as OP when toon #2 was what do I use here? Pack is a good example that I would suggest get adjusted since the old and new are worlds different, and I say this as less boonballs but this is not the same as spamming boons on a class. Pack was a good boon for groups, warbands and zergs. 

Yeah I was using pack on my chrono too. 😒 I used it to get the extra might fury and swiftness, now there's nothing to replace that. Probably change runes to eagle and using relic of the thief to make up for the extra crit and damage. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by XenesisII.1540

F Y I! To anyone dumb enough to run the new monk relic. Cause u think it dos what the old rune did. WRONG! Anet did a kitten poor job at reworking this stat. The description is laughable for startes. Then the way ot works makes it useless to say the least. Since no matter how many ally's are around u. The stacks ONLY register as giving boons to 1 player. Combine that with the crap stack duration. Makes its totally worthless. Leadership, tropper and antitoxin, are the only support relics worth running at this time, imo.