How the new daily system in Wizards Vault reduced my enjoyment of GW2 [Merged]

10 hours ago, windyweather.1238 said:

Anybody else complained that the Wizard Vault is Booorrrrrring compared with the old system.

Excuse me? 😄 It is the opposite of boring compared to the old system, because you actually get to do cool stuff like the Seitung temple puzzle today. 🙂

Also, the rewards are better because you get to choose what you want. 😉

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Lord Korag.8439 said:

Would you desire to completing them in a fractal or a dungeon? Be so

If it was like this there might not be as many complaints. But in reality, it's not "a" fractal or dungeon, but this specified one and no other.

It's not that the vault's listings are bad, it's that other than the brainless ones like dodging and whatnot, the other options are inflexible. It's this minidungeon and no other. It's this activity, not that one.

And then there's the part of me that wonders: if these things are loosely intended to encourage people to do stuff they don't usually, are there really that many players who don't dodge or use consumables? 🤔

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Teknomancer.4895 said:

If it was like this there might not be as many complaints. But in reality, it's not "a" fractal or dungeon, but this specified one and no other.

It's not that the vault's listings are bad, it's that other than the brainless ones like dodging and whatnot, the other options are inflexible. It's this minidungeon and no other. It's this activity, not that one.

And then there's the part of me that wonders: if these things are loosely intended to encourage people to do stuff they don't usually, are there really that many players who don't dodge or use consumables? 🤔

I only use consumables if I'm doing content where consumables really help my DPS/heals go brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. 😂

That said, yeah, got Vexa's Lab again for a daily on multiple accounts, and I'm noping on that one. Probably not going to complete weeklies on my two EoD accounts, either, because they both got DE and I don't have the energy for that kind of time investment (seriously, why is the meta so stupidly long, no matter what you do?). It's not the end of the world for me to not complete them, but I can kinda get why it is for some other people.

Anet, it would be really nice to add more dailies (beyond the one additional we get starting next week), even if you're capped on only getting credit for 3/4.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

As for as achievements are concern don't the meta holds it's place for you if you have to leave. That's how I finished fractal push, I just started in a fresh meta managing the requirements until the meta was over. You can also restart the the story portion jump in the meta and proceed to go to work. 

Edited by Widebody.5071
  • Confused 2

11 hours ago, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

Also, you mention world bosses. There are no world bosses among the dailies. They would be less boring if there were.

You can literally use the world bosses to complete the dailies. Most of them have the break bar. And the Shatterer was part of the weekly last week. Crafting is not in the daily list, you will not be forced to craft anything, for now.

And last but not least, you should be expected to play the game to some degree to complete the dailies, not just turn the game on. It is called a reward for a reason.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Lord Korag.8439 said:

You can literally use the world bosses to complete the dailies. Most of them have the break bar. And the Shatterer was part of the weekly last week. Crafting is not in the daily list, you will not be forced to craft anything, for now.

And last but not least, you should be expected to play the game to some degree to complete the dailies, not just turn the game on. It is called a reward for a reason.

There is crafting in the dailies. I did it today on my core only account. There's "craft 10 items" and "craft 3 masterwork items". I've seen both. It's not the most thrilling content. It falls solidly in the category "boring".

I was bored with world bosses 9 years ago. For years, I've only been doing them when there's something to be gained from them, but going there just to break a bar when I can go into the PvP lobby and use a single skill on a practice golem, I will chose the golem every time. Because it's always there, and not on a schedule. I don't like content I have to synchronize my watch for. Is there anything more boring than waiting for a world boss to spawn? Maybe crafting, because waiting for a world boss can at least give you some interesting map chat once in a while.

I agree, I like to do something for my dailies, but that went away for me when they made WvW an option that wouldn't work for me every day, sticking me with dailies the majority of which are just nothings.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

There is crafting in the dailies. I did it today on my core only account. There's "craft 10 items" and "craft 3 masterwork items". I've seen both. It's not the most thrilling content. It falls solidly in the category "boring".

I agree, I like to do something for my dailies, but that went away for me when they made WvW an option that wouldn't work for me every day, sticking me with dailies the majority of which are just nothings.

Top part: Yup, got those two dailies over the last couple days. Used cooking for both.

Bottom part: I can totally be misunderstanding you, but did you uncheck the WvW item on the Wizard Vault cog for what dailies/weeklies to get? I wound up unchecking WvW because the dailies (and even weeklies) were just way too inconvenient. The one good thing about the "Nothing" dailies are I can get them done across multiple accounts pretty quickly, and they really help when I get a nasty minidungeon for a daily.

16 minutes ago, QueenKeriti.5176 said:

Top part: Yup, got those two dailies over the last couple days. Used cooking for both.

Bottom part: I can totally be misunderstanding you, but did you uncheck the WvW item on the Wizard Vault cog for what dailies/weeklies to get? I wound up unchecking WvW because the dailies (and even weeklies) were just way too inconvenient. The one good thing about the "Nothing" dailies are I can get them done across multiple accounts pretty quickly, and they really help when I get a nasty minidungeon for a daily.

Yeah, I did uncheck WvW after the first day, mostly because the weeklies were terrible. I've done a single WvW daily task that first day and that was okay, can't remember what it was.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I agree. I don't like the "expansion" which really isn't an expansion because it didn't add to or expand, it just replaced. I'd prefer they kept the old dailies and add the Wizard whatever along with. I usually log in for Auric Basin Battle in Tarir & Silverwastes Vinewrath, and the dailies. At this point I feel like I've wasted so much money, because I don't want to log in just for Wizard things I can't complete. I am so dissapointed.

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

Yeah I'm not a fan on the new system at all. now if I want to go get the items i would have got from the daily log in, I now hand to go and do specific tasks, were as before i could get my login reward, and go do whatever I wanted. Guild Wars 2 has moved so far away from the "play your way" philosophy they had back at launch. Now it's a "play the way we tell you and like it." 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, BrotherBelial.3094 said:

Yeah I'm not a fan on the new system at all. now if I want to go get the items i would have got from the daily log in, I now hand to go and do specific tasks, were as before i could get my login reward, and go do whatever I wanted. Guild Wars 2 has moved so far away from the "play your way" philosophy they had back at launch. Now it's a "play the way we tell you and like it." 

You don't have to like it, and if you don't like it you don't have to do it. Getting rewards for just logging in never had anything to do with "play your way". It didn't involve playing at all.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, BrotherBelial.3094 said:

It's ok, I didn't expect you or any fanboi to understand tbh.

I understand disliking certain aspects of the game very well. I dislike quite a few aspects of this game a lot, and I've been vocal about it on the forums. But I have a way of dealing with this as an adult: I don't engage in those aspects, because I don't have to. It's really quite simple if you think about it. But it's ok, I didn't expect you or anyone to understand to be honest.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

On 9/7/2023 at 6:39 AM, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

You don't have to like it, and if you don't like it you don't have to do it. Getting rewards for just logging in never had anything to do with "play your way". It didn't involve playing at all.

The point is that there are a lot of players (both active and inactive) who don’t bother with dailies. In the old system, players could ignore the dailies and just play whatever content they normally played while still passively getting mystic coins, laurels, etc. because of the log-in rewards. Once I got tired of dailies, I rarely did them except to get the GoB in WvW.

Now, those same rewards are locked behind doing dailies/weeklies. Sure, some of the dailies/weeklies can be done unintentionally without choosing to do the dailies (such as kill xx enemies), but these are rare and unlikely to result in the daily/weekly completion chest, which is where a good chunk of AA's come from. 5 AA's from log-ins also don't compare to previous log-in rewards.

There is no denying that for players who regularly do dailies, the rewards are much better with the WV. However, there is also no denying that for players who don’t do dailies, WV pushes players towards dailies/weeklies for the same rewards from previous log-ins, which goes against letting players play their way compared to the previous system.

On 9/6/2023 at 3:57 AM, zaced.7948 said:

if you need a carrot to play content, this game might not be for you. if you can't do something you enjoy without external motivation you may also have problems beyond video games.

This may come as a shock to you, but nearly all types of games are designed with carrots on sticks. They're called progressions, rewards, unlockables, etc. Very few types of games have everything available from the beginning with no progression or unlockables.

Edited by BlueJin.4127
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

On 9/6/2023 at 12:57 PM, zaced.7948 said:

if you need a carrot to play content, this game might not be for you. if you can't do something you enjoy without external motivation you may also have problems beyond video games.

Now, that's a massive condemnation of the whole Wizard's Vault system, and everyone that say it's okay, isn't it.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

32 minutes ago, BlueJin.4127 said:

There is no denying that for players who regularly do dailies, this system is a nice upgrade. However, there is also no denying that for players who don’t do dailies, this system is an awful downgrade.

I do dailies every day. I used to happily do my WvW dailies. I've now had to drop them because I don't want to see a WvW JP popping up in my list of mandatory dailies. I also know that the risk of getting a broken defence daily is too great. So now I'm stuck to mandatory PvE dailies which can include JPs, mini dungeons as well as weeklies that can include strikes and fractals. Content that I never used to do, and have no desire to do.

So for players that regularly do dailies, there certainly is denying that the system is nice upgrade. They needed to fix the rewards, they decided to alter the daily front end when there was no need to. It wasn't broken, it didn't need fixing. They gave designing the new front end to an intern with no oversight and spewed out this abomination as a result. Now after backlash, they are planning to "fix" it in a way that shows they don't understand how they've broken it.

So no, it isn't a "nice upgrade". It has damaged my regular daily play and made this game significantly less enjoyable as a result. And ANET isn't getting another penny of my money until they recognise that and fix what they've broken properly.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Kranlor Greyhelm.8417 said:

I do dailies every day. I used to happily do my WvW dailies. I've now had to drop them because I don't want to see a WvW JP popping up in my list of mandatory dailies. I also know that the risk of getting a broken defence daily is too great. So now I'm stuck to mandatory PvE dailies which can include JPs, mini dungeons as well as weeklies that can include strikes and fractals. Content that I never used to do, and have no desire to do.

So for players that regularly do dailies, there certainly is denying that the system is nice upgrade. They needed to fix the rewards, they decided to alter the daily front end when there was no need to. It wasn't broken, it didn't need fixing. They gave designing the new front end to an intern with no oversight and spewed out this abomination as a result. Now after backlash, they are planning to "fix" it in a way that shows they don't understand how they've broken it.

So no, it isn't a "nice upgrade". It has damaged my regular daily play and made this game significantly less enjoyable as a result. And ANET isn't getting another penny of my money until they recognise that and fix what they've broken properly.

I'm talking about the rewards.

• Confused 1

47 minutes ago, BlueJin.4127 said:

There is no denying that for players who regularly do dailies, this system is a nice upgrade of rewards. However, there is also no denying that for players who don’t do dailies, this system is an awful downgrade of rewards.

Rewards got upgraded, which is good. No reward got downgraded, what was downgraded were "gifts".

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

I have to say that I really don't enjoy the new system.  I've already gotten several repeats, which are sometimes very time consuming for dailies. There is also too much focus on EoD content, most people don't like EoD and Anet knows this,  they shouldn't try to force us to go back there. Especially when we have no other choices, that only makes me hate EoD even more.

- Why do I have to open a window that didn't exist before and why do I have to click in this window every time I complete a daily/weekly? The UI feels very out of place and I feel like I'm playing a cheap mobile game now, I avoid mobile games like plague.
- Why can't I buy as many items as I can? A "max" button shouldn't be hard to implement. Even though I'd rather they get rid of the whole window and just add vendors but I understand why they used this system, psychologically speaking (with the little reward sound, of course, good pet).
- I really, really miss the diversity and choices of the old system. And I somehow miss WvW dailies, I opted out because I don't really enjoy PvP/WvW but with the old system I often ended up finding myself playing WvW some days for dailies and following a commander for hours. This will now never happen again because it all sprouted from the old daily system.

Overall, SotO and the changes it brought feel really "carrot on a stickish" as a whole, not the usual fun that I'm used to find in GW2. Fun that was already tainted with EoD I have to say, but not as much as now. Don't take things away from your game only to give them back in a far worse state all the while calling them new content.

I'm not expecting the direction of the game to change in a good way though, I think it will only get worse.

Oh, one positive though: I'm glad I don't have to login my 30 accounts anymore even though I make a lot less gold now 😄
Now imagine if we had better content than these awful boring Rifts all the time I would spend actually playing GW2! Ever since I'm done with SotO I find myself more and more playing another game sadly. I was really excited about the open world legendaries but nope, not this extremely lazy implementation.

Edited by Futa.4375
typo
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, BrotherBelial.3094 said:

It's ok, I didn't expect you or any fanboi to understand tbh.

Okay, so everybody who doesn't share your opinion on a specific aspect of the game is automatically a "fanboi/fangirl"? Great way to keep up a conversation. 😉

10 minutes ago, Futa.4375 said:

Overall, SotO and the changes it brought feels really "carrot on a stickish" as a whole

But SotO is not responsible for the change. Had we gotten another expansion, the new Daily/Weekly Reward System would still have been implemented.

As for SotO, you shouldn't condemn an expansion as a whole when there are always good things and bad things to be found. As far as map design, story and quality of writing goes, I think SotO is excellent.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Hello,
Has there been any word yet from ArenaNet when/if they will fix the dailies so that we can do them grouped? There has not been a point in logging in with friends under the new system and I'd like that to change.  It has seemed really odd to me that there is no kill stealing in this game but it feels like there is kill stealing in the dailies because sometimes only credit goes to whoever actually kills the mob.

Hoping it will be fixed soon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Now, that's a massive condemnation of the whole Wizard's Vault system, and everyone that say it's okay, isn't it.

it's just another option. if you wanna do it, do it. if you don't, don't.

that has nothing to do with what the quoted person said which was that now they don't want to do certain things without the carrot of dailies. don't try to take it out of context to turn it into an arugment for yourself, come on, we're both smarter than that.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1