Weaponmaster Training.

Sahfur.5612

Give us WvW players a way to get Weaponmaster Training without doing the story. You did it for other things, it only makes sense to do it here too. Some people just genuinely do not care to play it and that should be respected since you built an entirely different game mode and advertised it so locking the feature behind pve is kinda absurd.

I like the story but I tend to play it in a group of friends. I shouldn't have to sequence break as a wvw main. Do the same for pvp players.

Give us a method to unlock it here in WvW, please.

Esports.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Sahfur.5612 said:

Give us WvW players a way to get Weaponmaster Training without doing the story. You did it for other things, it only makes sense to do it here too. Some people just genuinely do not care to play it and that should be respected since you built an entirely different game mode and advertised it so locking the feature behind pve is kinda absurd.

I like the story but I tend to play it in a group of friends. I shouldn't have to sequence break as a wvw main. Do the same for pvp players.

Esports.

Its like step 3 in the story and all you do is talk to an NPC and it is unlocked across your entire account. I think it took like an hour. I think I would prefer them spend time coding other things for WvW. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 2

18 minutes ago, Sahfur.5612 said:

Esports.

Not gonna happen as WvW is basically PvE with PK abilities.

They won't unlock new pets for rangers either because of same reasons.

If you want everything unlocked and 'esports' have to actually got to the real PvP mode--sPvP.  

19 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Its like step 3 in the story and all you do is talk to an NPC and it is unlocked across your entire account. I think it took like an hour. I think I would prefer them spend time coding other things for WvW. 

Pffft Grimm that's an hour missing out on skirmish rewards, an hour missing out on reward track rewards (getting GoB twice as fast now!!), an hour missing out on finishing up wvw weeklies, and most importantly, an hour of pulling people off walls and watching them squirrel to safety!

We should not be subjected to pve to enjoy wvw! Put it on the vendor like everything else, make it a 1000 heroics cost if they have to, or make up another warclaw achievement hunt for it, but wvw deserves it's own separate unlock! I don't even own the expansion but I stand with my fellow wvw'ers who do!

So, reset was fun huh, we almost had that green keep cap lol, at least we flipped smc a couple times. 🥓

Edited by XenesisII.1540
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

100% non issue it takes an hour and a half tops and its account wide. if you don't wanna do the content you don't get the goodies

why should i , where able to unlock all from other xpacs without going there.

why should this xpac be different.

have not set foot in eod still get all unlocked from wvw (not sige turtle but that cant be used in wvw anyway)

• Like 2

13 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

So, reset was fun huh, we almost had that green keep cap lol, at least we flipped smc a couple times. 🥓

Was fun, had some WTW moments and some, why did they do....? But I try and go by, if you aren't going to not make your tag visible, let the driver drive and adjust plans as needed if your running havoc. Don't distract players on tag, but aid the tag where you can. Should be a fun week if real life limits their distractions lol. Right now I am distracted, stupid real life. 😉 Can't have peeps taking our stuff.

15 hours ago, Sahfur.5612 said:

Esports.

They way the story works in gw2 is to force ppl to listen to mindless drible for hours on end. Which is why we dont get the option to skip. Since noone in there right mind would listen to all that meaningless drible, if they had the option to skip. 

Which also why the wvw community, doesnt get the option to get the weapon mastery in wvw. So they can force even more ppl to listen to their drible. 

• Haha 2

Could be made as an optional unlock at the heroic notary. 

Will still likely require SotO.

Don't see this as that big an issue though, as mentioned it's a 1 time unlock after 1-1.5 hours of story. 

If I'd have to decide where to put resources for WvW, even if only a few minutes, this wouldn't take priority. Remember, the minutes they spend on this mode per year must be spent very wisely! 🤦‍♂️

It's not a lot of work, but I was irritated by this too:

• I'm suddenly forced to engage in a game mode I don't enjoy much. Anet had figured out how not to do that in the previous expansions.
  • Awful "stealth" mission
  • Unskipable dialogue where my character talks about all the stuff I / they didn't ever do. And it didn't even feel like it's something that added to soto's story or was of any importance. GW1 had expansion-specific storylines that did that better.
    • So if I'm ever going to get into other parts of the story, I'm now spoiled
      Spoiler
      • "Boss" that is easy to manage but then just heals and one-hits you because of #story. If I'm supposed to lose this fight, make the thing actually beat me with its abilities. Instead they added a section where you can't do anything but hobble around to make it seem threatening 🤦‍♂️

• There are characters I think I'm supposed I should know / care about but I don't even know
  • Mission following the NPCs bugging out because some enemy is stuck behind a bookshelf and they won't move on
  • Skyscale part that gave me an introduction about the controls of the mount which were actually incorrect - what was supposed to be the ascend command was actually the fly downwards move so I had to figure out why I couldn't ascend
  • Holo forge blowing up during unskippable cutscenes because why wouldn't it
  • To add something positive: voice acting was good imo

Overall it might have been the worst first impression I ever got from any newly added content in a game. I didn't take long but it was ridiculous how many moments of annoyance occurred during that time.

Edited by Silinsar.6298
  • Like 3

Agreed, I didn't do it yet since I promised to wait on some people until the end of today for the story so I've been basically just not having access to the content in the game mode I typically play since I do PvE with close friends when I do it.

Also,  thanks for the heads up on what to expect, haha.

Spoiler

Ah wow, so they pull that auto lose story trope thing again? They remember that they already did that multiple times, right?

They have pulled that so many times in the story by now and it kills my immersion just as much every single time since I am usually on some un-killable over-tuned fortress build or at least something with escapes so I can reset the fight since I don't feel like using my build slots on pve builds these days. I tank groups of WvW players... Arenanet, nothing is going to be as bloodthirsty and persistent as some of the people I run across in the mists (I say that in the most endearing and respectful way ❤️ love you all). Not gods, demons, creepypasta monsters, whatever. If I can survive them usually, don't make my character fall over randomly for story reasons. Seriously, the people I encounter in WvW are like majestic unicorns of murder. It sometimes feels like that scene in jurassic park where the dinosaurs figure out how to open the doors. They are like universal dispensers of pure condensed violent energy (and I love it), so making us lose so many times to random PVE lore nerd things is just a bit insulting. Piccolo trained me to bloody dodge out of the way, ok?

Anyway, it just feels silly to script in so many losses in storyline, especially when for some of us in this forum going back to pve feels like turning down the difficulty all the way down in a bethesda game.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2023 at 1:25 PM, XenesisII.1540 said:

There was a party at mother's and a good time was had by all.!

🙂 Was a lot of fun and was a mix of various fight sizes which was all the better. 

Edited by TheGrimm.5624
Xen, btw, sorry for delayed response, I needed to learn plumbing fast as it began to rain indoors lol. RL, FTW!!! :)

8 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

There was a party at mother's and a good time was had by all.!

🙂 Was a lot of fun and was a mix of various fight sizes which was all the better. 

Edited 8 hours ago by TheGrimm.5624
Xen, btw, sorry for delayed response, I needed to learn plumbing fast as it began to rain indoors lol. RL, FTW!!! 🙂

Yikes, good luck with that Grimm, had that problem 10 years ago, the second floor pipes began leaking and ruined the kitchen ceiling on the main floor, not fun, fortunately found a really good plumber to fix it.

2 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Yikes, good luck with that Grimm, had that problem 10 years ago, the second floor pipes began leaking and ruined the kitchen ceiling on the main floor, not fun, fortunately found a really good plumber to fix it.

Ugh... That happened to me a few summers ago. Old acrylic tub cracked when my wife was getting out of it. Had a sudden water fall in my kitchen. Put an enameled tub in to replace it.

20 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

This is what we tell PvEr's about Gift of Battle. Let's be consistent, eh?

True.. but they dont have to run around the bl's for 1 to 2h talking to 30 different npc's going on and on and on and on, in some mindnumbingly boring a.. monolog.. that noone cares about. They just follow a tag on eb. And 10-15m later they have a gift og battle. Not really the same as what we have to through in pve, is it.

But I get ur mening.