Soulbeast Destroyed

Trevor Boyer.6524

Ranger

• Serpent Strike: Reduced the damage coefficient from 1.5 to 1.2 in PvP and WvW.

Soulbeast

• Maul (Porcine): Reduced the damage coefficient per strike from 1.1 to 0.775 in PvP and WvW.
  • Prelude Lash: This skill no longer immobilizes in PvP only.
  • One Wolf Pack: Increased the strike interval from 0.25 seconds to 0.5 seconds in PvP only. Reduced the damage coefficient from 0.63 to 0.5 in PvP only.

Serpent Strike, Maul, Prelude Lash, these all indeed needed nerfs. But messing with OWP directly with such heavy nerfing will remove Power Soulbeast from play entirely.

Now will be the time of Untamed & Druid.

I'm ready for some fresh QQ when people begin to realize the kind of DPS output that this trait Let Loose - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W) is capable of.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 25
  • Confused 6

1 hour ago, Mini Crinny.6190 said:

Lucky they nerfed mostly soulbeast rather than just nerfing core

I noticed this as well. Relatively targeted. They're getting better at that. They even got ahead of the healtamedt that was simmering too, it seems.

The OWP solution is elegant. Maybe could have shaved some Cd for it, but let's see what that looks like.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Ranger

• Serpent Strike: Reduced the damage coefficient from 1.5 to 1.2 in PvP and WvW.

Soulbeast

• Maul (Porcine): Reduced the damage coefficient per strike from 1.1 to 0.775 in PvP and WvW.
  • Prelude Lash: This skill no longer immobilizes in PvP only.
  • One Wolf Pack: Increased the strike interval from 0.25 seconds to 0.5 seconds in PvP only. Reduced the damage coefficient from 0.63 to 0.5 in PvP only.

Serpent Strike, Maul, Prelude Lash, these all indeed needed nerfs. But messing with OWP directly with such heavy nerfing will remove Power Soulbeast from play entirely.

Now will be the time of Untamed & Druid.

I'm ready for some fresh QQ when people begin to realize the kind of DPS output that this trait Let Loose - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W) is capable of.

You made numerous QQ threads about ele, it got nerfed to ground. Now your spec got same treatment, i call that karma 🙂

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 6

I think they could increase OWP duration and damage per interval to make it more flexible and usuable with other skills rather than just multiple hitting ones Like wh4 and lb2

To be fair they slightly overnerfed it sure but I wouldn't say it's completely dead espec when u can still combo prelude lash into maul due to quickness and u still can deal insane damage with sword 2 for example. Maybe switching to dagger for example to get evade and cripple will become a thing.

P.S. nvm it's still strong af.

Edited by Aaron.1294

Yes the other changes are good, even really good! I am a bit sad for the immob on Prelude Lash as it was the only way to make condi and trapper good but maybe it will be fine. The preemptive change on dagger untamed is also good and I never expected to see it that early! I am not sold on the staff change but I could be wrong (I did not test / see it enough).

Owp is the only stupid update but I did not expect anything else considering how after looking at a few threads it was obvious nobody knew how it actually works.

Edited by aymnad.9023
  • Like 1

Here's what I think should have happened:

12 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

The 'small competitive adjustments' will center around Ranger/Soulbeast and will be:

• Boar coefficient no longer uses PvE variant (probably 584 x 1.0 or if lucky 1.5) in WvW/PvP
  • Strider strength +120 => +60 in PvP 
  • Griffon Stance = 2 stacks might 6s => 2 stacks might 4s in WvW/PvP

Touching anything else would be ludicrous as it all existed pre-patch; even Griffon Stance nerf is a bit far but CmC likes to hit FoTM (like with Drake's Tail Swipe) so I can see it happening.

This should hopefully shut the PvP forum up or at least make them move on to whatever becomes overperforming because of these nerfs (probably a bunker again).  

For Maul, they went with 0.775 instead of 1.0 as my lowend thoughts, so bigger nerf than probably necessary there; sPvP and WvW as I thought because they aren't splitting modes if it wasn't split to begin with, even though it's not an issue in WvW.

Hit Serpent Strike which is an analogue to just hitting Strider Strength--not sure why they directly hit sword when SS nerf would hit everything power, but its whatever.

Touching Prelude Lash and to lesser extent OWP instead of Griffon Stance is super weird.  Removing the immob is just catering to the toddler sPvP a certain dev likes to be creating, and the OWP nerf is stupid without bringing up weapon damage to compensate as practically all ranger weapons work on burst of some sort.  

They also didn't touch Dolyak Stance...which again, toddler time.

This will put ranger out of AT (again), but as I've mentioned many times on these forums, I personally don't really care because these nerfs make normal ranked games easier to win now that bads can't just spam 5 buttons like old Rifle Mech and make Silver's cry. 

Basically, I'm just happy I no longer have to field as hard or carry as hard against other Rangers because people stay alive longer and will hopefully wait 1-2 minutes longer to rage AFK.

• Thanks 2

I main Ranger, Soulbeast specifically and it still feels good. For the most part they hit exactly what needed to be hit. I would've brought Griffon stance down a bit and increased the cooldown on Smokescale's ability by like 5 secs as well but I'm glad they kept the nerfs confined to the elite spec instead of nerfing core. We'll be fine lol

Edited by Ordaine.3149
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Ordaine.3149 said:

I main Ranger, Soulbeast specifically and it still feels good. For the most part they hit exactly what needed to be hit. I would've increased the cooldown on Smokescale's ability by like 5 secs as well but I'm glad they kept the nerfs confined to the elite spec instead of nerfing core. We'll be fine lol

I haven't played it yet, but I'd have to preemptively agree with this. SLB will still be viable in ranked. They didnt touch sword 2 or Striders Strength and Siamoth has always been a strong option for SLB. If Boar is no longer viable, then we can just use Siamoth. 20 sec ICD on smokescale is fine. SLB was dmg numbers OP, not a mechanic OP situation. 

As a long time SLB player, I approve of these nerfs. Now I can actually play it and not feel guilty. Highly recommend the Sw/Wh + LB build with Quickdraw over vicious quarry. Our 1 shot potential is weaker with OWP now, so the sustained dmg that Quickdraw provides is more valuable IMO. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

anet failing again the "and or or" it should have been interval "or" dmg, not interval "and" dmg. Like ele signets, it should have been cd increase and effects nerf "or" icd, not "and" icd.

Spotted the programmer.

Int main()

{

If (soulbeast = trash) cout << "I'm playing Untamed"

}